41: Said Date

I'm sorry for the wait. Please forgive me. This is pretty much a filler and I apologize for the trash ass chapter to come. By the way, this chapter starts about two weeks after they come back from Hawaii. #timejump

***

"She said she saved us a seat at the very front." I said while tugging Carter in the direction of the field.

"I always get invited to these events."

"Now that we've kind of made things official, you're required to attend these events now." I sent him a smile before pushing my way through the crowd. I finally spotted my parents. Ellie was nowhere to be found.

"Finally. I thought you wouldn't even make it in time for kickoff." I kissed my parents before taking my seat. Carter introduced himself, trying to ignore the look my dad was casting towards him.

"Relax Bradley. She's a grown woman capable of making her own decisions." Mom quickly turned to Carter embracing him. "I hope your treating her right. Lord knows I don't need her first to be her worst."

"Too late for that mommy dearest." I said. Carter rolled his eyes, expressing his discontent in my statement. "Sorry. It was an accident."

It wasn't until halftime when Ellie decided to show up. "Oh, you're here."

"That doesn't sound too enthusiastic."

"And you brought the boyfriend." She switched her eyes over to Carter, smiling instantly. "Hey Carter."

Carter chuckled, "How are you Ellie?"

"Dandy. Perfect. Life couldn't be better." She faced me again. "Are you staying for dinner because mom made lasagna for you? Not trying to guilt you into it or anything." She sat on my left side, saying bye to her friend.

"Sure. Why not?" I ignored Carter's gaze. "Which one's Andrew?"

"Number eight."

"What does he play?"

"Damned if I know. Football was never my thing unlike you and Elliot. I don't even see how anyone can like the game." She said.

"Are you offended?" I asked Carter.

"Not in the slightest."

"It's a group of guys playing a stupid game making money just for tackling one another. Why can't I make money for barbarous fighting?" Now Ellie was just doing it on purpose.

"Who are you and what have you done to my sister?" I was amazed at how outspoken she was. "My baby's growing into the beautiful, headstrong woman she was meant to be."

"She called me a barbarian," Carter voiced in disbelief.

"Maybe not on the field, but definitely in bed," I winked at him causing Ellie to get up and walk away from us.

"You're sister is going to grow up to be traumatized." He said while wrapping his arms around my waist, sitting his chin on the top of my head.

"She'll be fine."

~∞~

"It's all over the news that you've been drafted into the league," my dad said as he passed the parmesan to Carter.

"Yup. Going from a bruin to a giant. Quite a change."

"Do you think I have potential?" Elliot asked Carter. I knew deep down, football was his passion, and the chances of being drafted were slim to none.

"With that arm, you'd probably make pro straight out of high school." In this moment, I cursed the state of my heart.

"No. You're going to get a full ride to a school with a good team and get an education too." My mom said. "Football isn't everything."