24: Said Spark

"So what's the plan?" Carter asked as I ran around the house packing a tote bag for the beach.

"The plan is to get drunk and smoke weed all while watching the fireworks." I looked beneath the couch and pulled my beach wrap out. "Ew. It's dusty."

"It's too late to wash it now."

I shook it off and shrugged the wrap on. I grabbed my Ray Bans and a sun hat before opening the door. "Wait!"

"What?" I ran back inside the house and opened the top cupboard before grabbing the airtight jar containing the stuff. "You are unbelievable," Carter said once I came out. I locked the door behind me and skipped down the stairs. Talia and James were in the parking lot waiting for us.

"Is that weed you have there?"

"It's not Independence Day without this Tal."

"Our founding fathers did not sign the Declaration of Independence for this." She said.

"You're just mad because you can't smoke this." I countered. She stayed quiet proving my point. I smiled before leaning into the back seat.

"Did you at least bring the stuff?" I pulled the carton of bacon-flavored ice cream out of my bag and handed it to Talia with a spoon.

"You really eat that shit for fun," James looked at her in disgust while keeping both hands on the wheel.

"Don't knock it 'til you try it."

~∞~

"Your body looks amazing," Reese said while twirling me around.

"Ever since you left, I've been going to the gym."

"You've been doing better without me." She shed fake tears.

"You know I couldn't live without you Reese's Pieces." She shuttered.

"Quit calling me that. It sounds so juvenile. Plus, I hate the candy." I rolled my eyes before hopping onto her back. "If you don't get off of me, I'm dropping you in the water." Before I was given a chance to hop off, Reese sprinted towards the water, me holding on for dear life.

"I'm wearing my wrap." I cried. "REESE! Put me down."

"Okay," and I fell. Into the water. Sputtering for air, I resurfaced, my wrap sticking to my skin. I slowly crept out the water to a laughing Reese. "Score 1 for Reese," was the last thing she said before running away. I let out a breath of air before looking around.

This side of the beach was packed with teenagers, college students, and other forms of youth. If you went further down, you'd see the families. It was a great thing we had separated ourselves seeing as I already saw a group of people getting high by a palm tree.

"I've got the drinks!" I heard a hearty yell and shaded my eyes from the sun as I looked up. I saw Dean and Cherry walking down the stairs with beer in their hands. I stripped out of my now soaking wrap and ran towards them taking a pack out of Cherry's hands.

"Look at you." She acknowledged my figure bumping her hip to mine. "You look hot girl."

"Not too bad yourself." The black bikini she was wearing contrasted deeply with her crimson red hair. We dropped the six-packs into the cooler by our set up. I grabbed a can of hard lemonade and walked down the beach looking for familiar faces.

"Bailey!" I turned around and saw Ethan approaching me with some of his friends lingering behind him. "Long time no see."

"The same too you." I acknowledged him from head to toe, silently cursing this bet with Carter. I could've taken him to one of the stalls and did a quickie for straight pleasure. I suppressed my urges and pasted a smile on my face. Interlocking my arm with his I walked with him. "How's life without me? I know it can be quite depressing."