Chapter Twenty Three - The Lion's Den

After acquiring their disguises, Morbius and the others began following Yaoyorozu's tracker. Eventually, they made their way to what appeared to be an abandoned warehouse. 

Yaoyorozu: Okay, this is the spot the tracker is broadcasting from. 

Kirishima: So that's their hideout? Not a bad one, I guess. 

Yaoyorozu: Maybe it is and maybe it isn't. According to the tracking history, the Villain hasn't left this location for the past day. But that's all we know. 

Morbius looked around and began using his Vampiric senses in an attempt to see how many were inside. Much to his surprise, his senses picked up nothing. However, he could pick up a familiar scent coming from the warehouse. 

Morbius: Something's not right. My senses aren't picking anything up, yet I can smell something here. Something foul. 

Kirishima: Does it smell like Nomu?

Morbius: Yes. I can recognize the foul stench of a Nomu anywhere. 

Yaoyorozu: That would make sense. The tracker was placed on a Nomu. 

Morbius: Still, the lack of security for something as important as a hideout seems out of place. 

Midoriya: I understand your concern, Morbius. However, we have no other choice. This might be our only chance to find Kacchan!

Todoroki: We might not get another chance at this. If we turn back, we lose our lead to Bakugo.

Morbius continued looking around the warehouse for any sign of Villain activity. However, he saw nothing out of the ordinary with the only exception being the smell of the Nomu. 

Yaoyorozu: One Villain is hiding here but that could be it. They might have Bakugo somewhere out here. We're going into this operation completely blind for the most part. Please try to perceive this logically.  

Iida: I don't like this. None of us are good at sneaking around. We need Hagakure or Jiro here. If I think things are going to be he least bit dangerous, we're done. I won't hesitate to call the police either to make sure my friends are safe.

Midoriya: Thank you, Iida. What can we do here? What's in front of us? Let me see here.

Midoriya began analyzing the situation. In the process, Midoriya began muttering to himself. Morbius's instincts told him something was very wrong about all this. In an attempt to scout out the place, the group began walking around incognito. At some point, they were all gathered around at a vending machine.

Yaoyorozu: We've gotten close, but I haven't seen anything moving.

Kirishima: Not a single light is on. Doesn't look like anyone's home.

Todoroki: They're hiding this lair in plain sight. It looks like any other abandoned warehouse.

Midoriya: The weeds under the front door are thick and undisturbed. There must be another way in. Maybe someone's Quirk is hiding something. We can't just enter carelessly. It could be a trap. If we can just see inside somehow....

Suddenly, the group were approached by a pair of drunks. 

Drunk #1: Hey! What're you doing here, pretty lady! Ditch these losers and come drink with us!

Drunk #2: C'mon! Don't go picking fights!

As the drunks tried to hit on Yaoyorozu. Midoriya and Kirishima stepped in to try and get them to leave. However, Morbius stepped in an locked eyes with the drunks. Morbius's eyes became red as the drunks were rendered speechless. 

Morbius: Leave. Now! 

Without saying a word, the drunks turned around and walked away in a trance. As the drunks walked away, all eyes fell on Morbius. 

Iida: What did you do to those men?

Morbius: I merely mesmerized them. They won't be bothering us again. 

Yaoyorozu: We should take care not to attract too much attention. 

Midoriya: We should head around the back of the building. That's our best shot to finding any information. 

Morbius: I'll go to the rooftops to find a way to get you all inside. 

Iida: That's too dangerous, Morbius! We don't know what's inside!

Morbius: We cannot afford to waste any time. I can get a better glimpse inside without being detected. If the coast is clear, I'll open the door. If not, then I'll leave. 

With that, Morbius climbed up to the rooftop while the others waited outside the front door. Once Morbius went inside, he looked around to find the warehouse practically empty. Seeing no one inside, Morbius made his way to the front door and opened it. 

Morbius: We're clear. 

With that, Morbius and the others entered the warehouse to find it devoid of Villains. Yaoyorozu checked on the device and saw that the tracker was still in the building. 

Yaoyorozu: I...I don't understand! The tracker says that the Villain is still here!

Kirishima: Maybe they caught on to the tracker and found a way to ditch it!

Morbius activated his Vampiric sense in an attempt to find the tracker. He soon picked up the smell of a Nomu. He followed the stench until he found a storage tank with a Nomu inside. 

Morbius: I...I found the tracker. 

All eyes soon fell on the motionless Nomu in the tank. It wasn't long before they saw more tanks with various Nomu in them. All were shocked to see that the warehouse was filled with Nomu. 

Iida: This must be where the League creates those creatures!

In that moment, Morbius and the others found themselves in the factory that produces Nomu for the League of Villains. Suddenly, Morbius picked up another scent. 

Morbius: Something's coming. 

In that moment, Morbius and the others went into hiding inside the warehouse. What they didn't know was that they would bear witness to the return of the Symbol of Chaos.