Chapter Twenty - Training

As training officially began, the students of Class 1-A and 1-B began to work on getting a better grasp on their Quirks. For his training, Morbius had to utilize his Quirk during the daytime in order to lessen the effect of his Quirk's natural weakness in sunlight. Doing so proved much easier than anticipated. However, Morbius still struggled with his thirst for blood.

Mandalay: Morbius. I want you to go to the Beast Forest.

Morbius: What for?

Mandalay: We're going to work on the....other weakness to your Quirk.

Morbius knew exactly what Mandalay was referring to. The Wild, Wild Pussycats were well aware of Morbius's thirst for blood. While the consumption of blood was essential to Morbius's Quirk, he needed to better control his thirst.

Morbius: What am I looking for?

Mandalay: Nothing specific. The Beast Forest is home to all manner of animals. Call it a hunt. Once you catch a scent, you'll know. 

Morbius: I understand. 

With that, Morbius began trekking through the Beast Forest in search for whatever the Pussycats had set up for him. Morbius closed his eyes and began to use his Vampiric sense to try and pick up a trail. It didn't take him long for Morbius to find a scent. 

Morbius: There you are....

Morbius began following the scent while keeping his guard up. He could hear the movements of the animals hear him. The isolation in the forest brought a sense of peace in Morbius. In the Beast Forest, he felt free. Soon enough, he came across a strange sight. In the center of an enclave stood a training dummy. 

Morbius: Something's not right....

As Morbius walked towards the dummy, he began to smell something familiar. He soon picked up the scent of fresh blood. Immediately, Morbius looks around and sees nothing. He then turns to the dummy and could see blood pumping through the dummy in the same way as a living person. 

Morbius: Hhm....there's blood pumping through this dummy. It has the same amount of blood as a living being. 

It was at this point that Morbius pieced together what was going on. 

Morbius: This is a test......

Meanwhile at the training camp, Mandalay approached Ragdoll who was using her Search Quirk to monitor Morbius. 

Mandalay: How is he?

Ragdoll: He found the dummy. He's been looking at it for at least a few minutes. I think he can smell the blood inside it. 

Ragdoll continued to monitor Morbius. Meanwhile, Morbius began to feel his thirst taking hold of him. It was at this point that he couldn't ignore his thirst. He needed the blood to sustain himself.

Morbius: I....I cannot ignore my thirst any longer. I...I must feed. 

Morbius walked over to the dummy. As he got closer, his thirst grew stronger and stronger. On instinct, Morbius sank his fangs into the dummy's neck and began sucking the blood coming from it. As he drank the blood, Morbius slowly began to battle against his thirst. After drinking a pint of blood, Morbius restrained himself from drinking any more blood. As Morbius felt the adrenaline rushing through his head, he turned his attention to a deer who was watching. Morbius looked into the deer's eyes and saw no fear. 

Morbius: You don't fear me, don't you? What am I to you?

As Morbius locked eyes with the deer, Morbius began to reflect on his life after meeting Yaoyorozu. His mind fell to the aftermath of his match with Todoroki. He remembered how he lost control and nearly killed Todoroki in a blind blood lust. 

Yaoyorozu(Past): You're not a monster! I don't care what anyone says! You're not a monster! You're a living, breathing human being! What happened down there wasn't your fault!

Morbius(Past): You saw what happened to me! You saw what I became! My thirst grows stronger with each passing day! You....you should've left me alone all those years ago.

Yaoyorozu(Past): I love you, Michael Morbius! I don't care what you or anyone else says! I love you. Nothing is ever going to change that! 

As those words echoed in Morbius's mind, the deer walked away. After that, Morbius began making his way back to the training camp where he was greeted my Mandalay. 

Mandalay: Did you find what you were looking for?

Morbius: I did. 

Mandalay: I had Ragdoll monitoring you. You could've drained that dummy dry of the blood we put in there. Yet you didn't. 

Morbius: It was a test. You set that dummy up as a means to test my restraint. In any kind of situation, my thirst for blood can be a danger to both enemy and friend. If I allowed my thirst to take control of me, then someone could die. 

Mandalay was impressed at how quickly Morbius was able to deduce the purpose of this exercise. 

Morbius: Yet my thirst for blood is natural as appalling and horrid as it is. But like alcohol, there must be moderation. But blood for me is intoxicating. Simply the scent of fresh blood triggers a powerful thirst within me. But as I said, I have made progress with it. 

With that, Morbius continued training his Quirk. In the course of his training, Morbius was gaining a better control of his Quirk as well as the thirst that came with it. But as Morbius and the UA students trained, a plot had been set in motion by the League of Villains to infiltrate the Training Camp and launch a devastating attack.