Chapter Twelve - Aftermath

Morbius found himself in the medical station where Recovery Girl was tending to his wounds. Morbius looked around the room in confusion as he had no recollection of what happened.

Morbius: What....what happened?

Recovery Girl: You had quite a fight out there, young man.

When he heard that, Morbius fully remembered what happened. Fear and dread began to floor his mind.

Morbius: No....no. What have I done?

A knock soon came at the door. When Recovery Girl answered, Yaoyorozu was on the other side.

Yaoyorozu: I hate to interrupt you, but is Michael....

Recovery Girl: Come on in, young lady. Mr. Morbius's wounds have fully healed.

Yaoyorozu: May I see him?

Recovery Girl: Go right on ahead. I'll be tending to the other patients.

As Recovery Girl left the room, Yaoyorozu rushed to Morbius with tears in her eyes and hugged him. Morbius was silent.

Yaoyorozu: I.... I'm so glad you're okay!

Yaoyorozu soon saw the look of shame on Morbius's face. She knew exactly what was on his mind.

Yaoyorozu: What happened back there wasn't your fault.

Morbius: It was, Momo. I lost control and I nearly killed Todoroki. He could've died.

Yaoyorozu: But he didn't! You stopped yourself! Todoroki is fine!

Morbius: I didn't stop myself. I couldn't stop myself. The pain from Todoroki's attacks stopped me. My Quirk.....took full control. Maybe Monoma was right. I am just a monster.

Without warning, Yaoyorozu kissed Morbius. Tears were still falling from her face. When the kiss ended, Yaoyorozu gazed into Morbius's eyes. 

Yaoyorozu: You're not a monster! I don't care what anyone says! You're not a monster! You're a living, breathing human being! What happened down there wasn't your fault!

Morbius: You saw what happened to me! You saw what I became! My thirst grows stronger with each passing day! You....you should've left me alone all those years ago. 

Yaoyorozu: I love you, Michael Morbius! I don't care what you or anyone else says! I love you. Nothing is ever going to change that! 

Morbius was moved by Yaoyorozu's words. Despite the circumstances that had happened, Yaoyorozu still found it in her heart to love him. 

Morbius: Momo......

Yaoyorozu then uses her Creation Quirk to form a knife. She then cuts her hand. Seeing the blood caught Morbius off guard.

Yaoyorozu: Drink.

Morbius: Momo.....

Yaoyorozu: Drink, Michael. You....you need blood. Real blood. 

Morbius looked at the cut in Yaoyorozu's hand. Immediately, his thirst began to take hold as he lets out a soft growl. Morbius then grabs her hand and bits down. Yaoyorozu groans as Morbius begins sucking her blood. Yaoyorozu understood the risk by allowing Morbius to drink her blood. She knew he could lose control and inadvertently kill her. But she didn't care. 

Yaoyorozu: M....Michael....

As Yaoyorozu called out his name, Morbius stopped as he licked the blood from his lips. His eyes soon darted over to Yaoyorozu who bandaged her hand. 

Morbius: You...you shouldn't have done that. 

Yaoyorozu: You needed blood. The synthetic blood I create for you wouldn't have been enough. You needed real blood. 

Morbius: But you know what could've happened. What I....

Yaoyorozu: I'm willing to take that risk, Michael. I told you once and I'll tell you again, I love you. I love you, Michael Morbius. 

Morbius: And I love you, Momo Yaoyorozu. I love you with all my heart. 

With that, the lovers kissed a passionate kiss. Despite what had happened, the love between Morbius and Yaoyorozu grew. After that, Morbius and Yaoyorozu walked back to the stands where Class 1-A was. As they did, they bumped into Todoroki.

Todoroki: Morbius. 

Morbius: Todoroki. I must apologize for my actions. 

Todoroki: You have nothing to apologize for. Nothing at all.

Todoroki then walked away from the two to his match with Bakugo. As the two entered, Bakugo's match with Todoroki had begun. It was clear to everyone that Todoroki was holding back. Whether it was because of Midoriya's words or the fear that was placed within him by Morbius was unknown. Bakugo was able score a quick victory, but was dissatisfied with that. Midnight had to use her Somnambulist Quirk to immobilize Bakugo. With that, Bakugo had won the UA Sports Festival, though he wasn't satisfied with the victory. Morbius watched as the top three contenders were given medals by All Might. 

Morbius: I see Bakugo isn't....satisfied with the way he won. At least that's what I think. 

Yaoyorozu: I didn't think Bakugo would act like this. I thought for sure he would be celebrating this momentous victory!

Morbius simply observed as he remembered how Bakugo was interested in fighting him. He could only imagine how that fight would've gone down. As the Sports Festival concluded, Morbius and Yaoyorozu were approached by Jiro. 

Jiro: Michael. Are you all right?

Morbius: Yes, Jiro. I'll be fine. Thank you for you concern, Jiro. It is much appreciated. 

Jiro then looked a Yaoyorozu and saw her bandaged hand. It didn't take long for her to figure out what had occurred, but kept it to herself out of respect for her friends. She didn't want to pry into what had happened. 

Jiro: I'll be seeing you two later.

After that, Morbius and Yaoyorozu went back to the Yaoyorozu mansion. With the Sports Festival over, Morbius and Yaoyorozu had completed a major challenge. Now it was time for another challenge to present itself. Despite his internal turmoil, Morbius was confident that he would face this challenge with Yaoyorozu by his side.