Chapter Thirteen - The Living Vampire

After the conclusion of the Sports Festival, all of Class 1-A were talking about their individual performances. As they did, Aizawa entered the classroom.

Aizawa: Today is arguably one of the most important days of your first year. Not only will you be deciding on your Hero names, but you'll be starting your internships.

Upon hearing this, the majority of Class 1-A became excited at the prospects of both their Hero names and the internships.

Aizawa: Now as some of you already know, the Sports Festival was a proving ground to showcase your abilities to the world. As such, you were also being scouted out by Pro Heroes. You will be choosing which Hero you'll be interning for. But first.....

Before Aizawa could finish his sentence, Midnight entered the room.

Aizawa: Forgot to mention, Midnight will be overseeing this and make sure your names are okay. I'll be taking a nap.

Before anyone could properly react, Aizawa had gotten in his sleeping bag and took a map. Midnight soon took control of the class.

Midnight: All right listen up! As your teacher said, you're going to be picking code names for yourselves! Keep in mind that these names must reflect you and your hero desires! After deciding on your code names, you will present them to the class and we'll see if it needs any kind of changing!

Midnight begins handed out canvases in a seductive manner for them to write on. As the other students began writing their Hero names, Morbius began thinking up all the possible Hero names he could use. But Morbius remembered the nickname given to him at the Sports Festival. When it came time to present their Hero names, Morbius was called. 

Morbius: The Living Vampire Hero: Morbius. 

Midnight: The Living Vampire? How thematically appropriate. 

Morbius simply looked upon the canvas as he adopted the nickname given to him during the Sports Festival as his own. In another time, even the term Vampire would bring up painful memories from his childhood. Now he would wear that name like a badge of honor. 

Midnight: Though I must ask, why use your last name? 

Morbius: I have no interest in some gaudy name. My only interest is helping others. Besides, they will only know me as the Living Vampire so coming up with a name to counter that would be redundant. 

Midnight: Touche. 

Morbius watched as his fellow classmates presented their Hero names. When that was done, all the students looked upon the board to see what offers came from them. Morbius was surprised to see that he got 110 offers from various Pro Heroes. 

Morbius: This is odd. I didn't think I would get this many offers.

Yaoyorozu: I'm not surprised. You put on an impressive display at the Sports Festival. You were able to contend with both Todoroki. That is no small feat. 

While Morbius agreed with his girlfriend's statements, he still felt that his performance was overshadowed by his loss of control over his powers. 

Morbius: Perhaps.....who do you plan on interning for?

Yaoyorozu: I think I'll intern for Uwabami. Though to be honest, I didn't think I would get many offers due to my performance. 

Morbius: You did fine, Momo. You did the best you could with what you were given. There is no fault in that.

Yaoyorozu: I see. What about you Michael? Who will you intern for? 

Morbius took a moment to look over his options. Many of the Pro Heroes who offered to take Morbius in as an intern. As he looked through his options, he saw one Pro Hero who he felt would be a good teacher for him.

Morbius: Hhm.....perhaps Hawks would be a good fit for me. 

Yaoyorozu: Hawks? That's a top Pro Hero! Tokoyami will be interning for him as well I believe. 

Morbius: Is that right? Perhaps this should be eventful. 

As Morbius pondered his future internship, class was dismissed. Morbius and Yaoyorozu hugged each other goodbye as they went their separate ways to their internships. Yaoyorozu would intern for the Snake Hero: Uwabami while Morbius would intern for the Wing Hero: Hawks. On his way to Hawks's Hero Agency, Morbius runs into Tokoyami. 

Morbius: Tokoyami. 

Tokoyami: Morbius. I see you're interning for Hawks as well. 

Morbius: If I am being honest, I didn't think I would be scouted by a top Pro Hero like Hawks. 

Tokoyami: Your performance at the Sports Festival was impressive, Morbius. 

Morbius: As was yours. 

It became clear that both Morbius and Tokoyami had a mutual respect towards one another. Their respective performances at the Sports Festival had earned one another's respect. 

Tokoyami: I appreciate the praise, but I did only what I could. I may not have won, I gained invaluable experience. 

Morbius: Not many would hold that viewpoint. I guess that's why you're one of the top students of our class. 

Tokoyami: Let us hope we are both up for the task ahead of us. 

Morbius: As do I, my friend. I have confidence that we will thrive in this challenge. 

With that, Morbius and Tokoyami prepared themselves for their internships with the Wing Hero: Hawks. Morbius would not squander this opportunity. He would use this opportunity to hone his skills as a Hero as well as learn to control his Quirk's dependence on blood. With hope, Hawks would offer invaluable wisdom and skills that Morbius would use on his career as a Pro Hero.