Chapter Forty Two - Joint Training

Weeks have passed since the Cultural Festival. Morbius and the rest of Class 1-A continued their training to become Heroes. One day, all of Class 1-A met in the industrial training area from the Final Exams. As they waited for Aizawa to arrive, Class 1-B arrives.

Monoma: Let's settle this rivalry once and for all! Come, Class 1-A! Today's the day!

Morbius looked upon the scene with disapproval as Monoma went off on a rant about how Class 1-B would finally beat Class 1-A. During this, Monoma turned his attention onto Morbius. 

Monoma: This goes especially for you, Vampire!

Morbius: Are you still harping over this, Monoma? I've proven myself more than capable of being a Hero over and over again. 

Monoma: A monster is still a monster!

As Monoma said this, Yaoyorozu stepped in for Morbius, but Morbius stopped her. 

Morbius: I have nothing more to prove to you. My classmates see me as the potential Hero. Many within your own class see me for what I am. If you cannot see that, then that is your problem. 

At that point, Monoma became enraged at Morbius's words. Yaoyorozu smiled at Morbius standing up for himself. Suddenly, Monoma found himself restrained by Aizawa's Combat Scarves as Aizawa and Vlad King entered the training grounds. 

Morbius: Mr. Aizawa. 

Vlad King: We have a special guest.

Aizawa: Try not to make a fool of yourself in front of him.

As Aizawa said this, the students of both 1-A and 1-B were curious as to who this guest would be. It is soon revealed to be none other than Hitoshi Shinso from General Studies who is applying to transfer into the Hero Course. Shinso then approaches both classes and states his intention to give it his all despite being relatively behind everyone.

Aizawa: Now that we have the introductions out of the way, let's get down to it.

Vlad: Combat Exercises! This time around, it's a battle between Class 1-A and Class 1-B and the stage will be this section of the training field! Each side will be split up into groups of four, and one from each team will battle it out!

Aizawa: And considering the rivalry between these classes, this is the perfect time to resolve this class rivalry more or less. The way this exercise will play out just like the Battle Trials with a little bit of adjustments. Each team shall perceive the others as Villains. Victory will go to the team who captures all members of the opposing team.

Yaoyorozu: And with the numbers between the two classes being uneven, one will have an advantage. That is unless the rules will be altered.

Aizawa: Meaning if you're on a team of five, you are still eliminated if four are captured.

Morbius: Perhaps that is why Shinso was brought along to even the numbers out. 

Aizawa: We've bent the rules a bit to make this work. But rest assured that this Joint Training will further test your abilities. Given your recent field experience, there should be no excuses as to why you can't give it your all. 

As Aizawa said that, both classes fell silent. It was clear to both classes that this Joint Training Exercise would put the skills of both classes to the test. While Class 1-A had the advantage of field work, Class 1-B was a formidable force with field experience of their own.

Iida: We're supposed to be Heroes, and yet the other team will see us as Villains?! So which is it?! What are we?!

Yaoyorozu: I think it's fine to consider yourself a Hero.

Morbius: Agreed. At the end of the day, this scenario will better prepare us for future field work as Pro Heroes. 

Tetsutetsu: Nice and simple. I like it!

Komori: They have been saying that the Villains are becoming more organized.

With that, Aizawa and Vlad King then have the students draw lots to create the teams. Once the lots were drawn, the teams were decided.

Round One: Tsuyu Asui, Denki Kaminari, Eijiro Kirishima, and Koji Koda against Ibara Shiozaki, Kosei Tsuburaba, Hiryu Rin, and Jurota Shishida.

Round Two: Momo Yaoyorozu, Fumikage Tokoyami, Toru Hagakure and Yuga Aoyama against Itsuka Kendo, Shihai Kuroiro, Manga Fukidashi and Kinoko Komori.

Round Three: Shoto Todoroki, Mashirao Ojiro, Tenya Ida, and Mezo Shoji against Pony Tsunotori, Sen Kaibara, Juzo Honenuki, and Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu.

Round Four: Katsuki Bakugo, Kyoka Jiro, Hanta Sero, and Rikido Sato against Yosetsu Awase, Setsuna Tokage, Kojiro Bondo, and Togaru Kamakiri.

Round Five: Izuku Midoriya, Ochaco Uraraka, Mina Ashido, and Minoru Mineta against Neito Monoma, Yui Kodai, Nirengeki Shoda, and Reiko Yanagi.

When the teams were decided, only Morbius and Shinso were left. 

Aizawa: Morbius. Shinso. Go ahead and draw yours.

As Aizawa said this, Shinso drew his numbers. Shinso would participate in the first match as a member of 1-A team. Shinso would then participate in the fifth match as a member of 1-B team. Morbius drew his and found himself in the second match on the Class 1-A team. Unlike Shinso, he did not have to pull out a number for another team. Morbius was initially confused at this, but he soon realized that this test was more than just a test for Class 1-A and Class 1-B. It was a test for Shinso. While Morbius didn't know the full story behind this, he knew that Aizawa had his reasons for this. With the teams decided, the stage was set. In that moment, the Joint Training Exercises had begun and Morbius was ready to give it everything he had.