Chapter Thirty Eight - Encounter With The League

As Morbius came face to face with Toga and Twice, Morbius gnashed his fangs and readied his claws. Despite his current condition, Morbius didn't back down as he growled at them. Toga couldn't help but giggle at this. 

Toga: Not gonna lie. You're actually pretty cute! 

Twice: Focus, Toga! We are on the clock! A wacky clock, but still on the clock!

Toga: What's the point of being a Villain if you can't have some fun! And besides, I'm sure Tomura would love to get a blood sample from this one!

As Toga said this, Morbius could feel himself becoming weaker. Not only that, but he could feel the beast slowly seeping out, waiting to be unleashed. Despite all of this, Morbius stood tall. 

Morbius: I do not know why you are here, but I will not let you escape! You will...face justice!

As Morbius says this, he lets out an inhuman roar and charges at Toga and Twice. Morbius attacked Toga and Twice with speed and aggression. During the attack, Toga jumps on Morbius's back and bites on his neck. 

Toga: I've always wanted to bite a Vampire!

Morbius screams as he grabs Toga and slams her to the ground. Immediately, Twice rushes in and attacks Morbius with his measuring tape. 

Twice: That's no way to treat a lady! I thought you Heroes were raised better!

Morbius said nothing as he pressed the attack on Twice, landing a few good cuts on him. Twice returned the favor by whipping Morbius with the measuring tape, landing some nasty cuts on Morbius. 

Twice: Hey! That's no way to treat a lady, buckaroo!

Morbius: Why....are you here?!

Twice: We've got some unfinished business with Overhaul! But it looks like you're about to get to him first!

Morbius lunges at Twice and attacks him with his claws. It was at this point that Toga jumped Morbius's back and stabs him in the side with her knife. Morbius roars in pain as he fights Toga off. As Morbius begins to bleed, he growls softly as he glances over to Toga and Twice with bloodlust in his eyes. 

Twice: We're in deep, are we?

Toga: Don't worry, Twicey! Things are about to get even more crazy!

As Toga said that, the entire building began to shake. Morbius seemed to ignore it as the beast inside was starting to take control. He looks upon Toga and Twice with bloodlust in his eyes.

Morbius: You're vermin. And I am the predator who feeds on your kind. Welcome to the food chain. 

At that point, the monster had taken over as Morbius lashed out at Toga and Twice. He ignored the terrible pain he was in as he attacked Toga and Twice with new vigor. During the fight, Morbius grabs Toga and bits her arm. He begins sucking on her blood, causing an intense reaction from Toga. 

Toga: That's the stuff! 

Toga then slashes at Morbius's face, forcing him to let Toga go. After a moment, Morbius reengages the attack, forcing Toga and Twice on the defensive. 

Morbius: Gaze your fill, humans....Morbius the Living Vampire will be the last sight your miserable eyes behold! 

Morbius lets out an inhuman roar. 

Morbius: For too long, you and your ilk have been preying on the weak! Now you will know what it's like to be hunted! When I am done with you, you will be nothing more than withered husks! And the world will be better off without filth like you! Dogs... That was a very good try. However......I cannot be killed by dogs. It takes a man in order to kill a monster!

As Morbius says this, he finds himself fighting off his bloodlust. Suddenly, the entire building began to shake violently. The ceiling began to cave in. As debris threatened to crush him, Morbius uses his Vampiric strength to crush any debris that was about to crush him. Seizing the opportunity, Toga and Twice ran off. When the shaking stopped, Morbius had regained his senses. He then attempts to track them down with his scent. His search soon takes him to the roof. But by the time he reached the roof, Toga and Twice were gone. 

Morbius: Damn it....

As Morbius says this, his condition grew worse as he collapsed to the floor. The Trigger that was in his blood caused him to lose his strength. After a moment, Morbius got back to his feet just in time for Ryukyu along with Ochaco, Tsuyu and Nejire. 

Ochaco/Tsuyu: Michael!

Nejire: Are you okay?

Morbius: I'm....I'm fine. Just give me a minute. 

Ochaco: Michael....you look terrible. 

Morbius didn't deny Ochaco's words. Ever since he drank the blood from Rikiya's blood, the Trigger that was in his blood had greatly weakened him. 

Morbius: I...I think I'm fine. 

Tsuyu: What happened?

Morbius: I...I had an encounter with two members of the League of Villains. 

Ryukyu: What? Are you sure?

Morbius: Yes. Despite my condition, I was able to hold my own against them. But the chaos from the raid allowed them to escape. I tried to track them, but my condition had worsened. 

Ochaco: The fact that you were able to hold your own despite those conditions is nothing short of amazing.

Morbius: I....I only wish I could've stopped those Villains. 

Ryukyu: You did all you could, Michael. You did a good job today. All of you did. 

Morbius looked down at the rooftop to see a critically injured Sir Nighteye being loaded into an ambulance. As he looked upon the scene, Morbius laid down, now able to get some rest. With that, the Hero Raid on the Shie Hassaikai was a success.