Chapter Twenty Seven - Heart To Heart

After exploring the Dorms, Morbius along with those who went to rescue Bakugo met with Tsuyu outside the building. Everyone became curious as Ochaco was seen with her.

Ochaco: You see, Tsu said she had something to tell you all.

Morbius: What is on your mind, Tsuyu?

Tsuyu: You guys know I'm pretty straightforward, and always speak what's on my mind. But sometimes...I don't know. I'm at a loss. Remember what I said back at the hospital?

As Tsuyu asked that question, everyone remembered how Tsuyu spoke out against them going after Bakugo.

Midoriya: Yeah. Every word.

Tsuyu: My heart was hurting. And the things I said must've upset you. Despite my warning, you still went and saved Bakugo. I didn't know that until this morning. I thought I'd stopped you. But it turns out I was worthless. A complete failure. And suddenly I had no idea what to say. I didn't think I deserved to joke around and have fun with everyone like usual.

As Tsuyu said at this, she began to cry. Everyone was caught off guard by this as Tsuyu was not one to share emotions so openly.

Tsuyu: But...it made me...so sad to be without you. That's why I wanted to talk to you. Even if I'm still not sure how I'm supposed to be feeling. I wanted you to know so we can hang out and talk and have a good time again.

Ochaco: It's not just you who thinks that. Everyone... felt pretty bad and...wanted things back the way they used to be before. That's why we did the room contest. To bring us closer together and make us feel like a class again. It's all we could come up with, so please don't think we were trying to trick you or anything. Look, what I'm saying is, let's all work hard at our training and be good friends again, okay?

As Tsuyu continued to cry, everyone began to console Tsuyu. Morbius soon thought of what he had planned to do during the rescue attempt. Everyone noticed Morbius's silence.

Morbius: I'm sorry Tsu. But I cannot fulfil that promise.

Yaoyorozu: What do you mean?

Morbius: There....there is something I must confess. I haven't been honest with you all.

Yaoyorozu: What is it, Michael?

Morbius: Back at the warehouse, I had a plan.

Midoriya: What plan was it?

Morbius was silent for a moment. After a tense moment, Morbius gathered the courage to speak.

Morbius: I was going to charge at All For One and the League Of Villains to provide a diversion for you to grab Bakugo and escape.

As Morbius said this, everyone was silent in shock. In that moment of silence, Morbius kept his eyes on Yaoyorozu.

Midoriya: If you did that....

Morbius: I would have been killed. I know.

Iida: There's no way I would have permitted this!

Morbius: I know you wouldn't. That's why I didn't plan on telling you.

Kirishima: You....you can't be serious about that! You were really going to....

Morbius: Yes, Kirishima. We were running out of time. All For One had taken down several Pro Heroes. Had it not been for All Might's arrival, I would've gone through with it.

As Morbius said all this, everyone was stunned. Through all this, Morbius maintained his composure. Soon enough, Yaoyorozu spoke up.

Yaoyorozu: Michael....why? Why would you even....think of doing this?

Morbius: If anyone had to die, I'd rather it be me than you. If anything happened to you, I wouldn't live with myself.

At that point, Yaoyorozu began to cry. Morbius walked over to her to hug and hug her.

Morbius: Momo.....

Yaoyorozu: I....I can't believe you would even think of such a thing!

Morbius: It wasn't an easy decision to make. Your life has more meaning than mine....

Yaoyorozu: Don't you say that, Michael! Don't you ever say that! Your life has meaning! If I lost you, I.....

At that point, Yaoyorozu broke down and fell on her knees. As the others tried to console her, an immense feeling of guilt fell over Morbius.

Yaoyorozu: You may not believe that your life has meaning, but I do! Your life has meaning! I love you, Michael!

As Yaoyorozu opened up about her feeling for Morbius, Morbius embraced her in a comforting hug.

Morbius: Don't cry, Momo. I never want to see you cry.

Yaoyorozu: Promise me that you'll always be by my side, Michael. Promise me that you'll never leave....

Morbius: I will honor that promise to the best of my ability. But I will honor my promise to protect you no matter what.

Yaoyorozu: That's.... that's all I can ask for, Michael Morbius.

Morbius gazed upon Yaoyorozu's eyes. He wiped the tears away from her face. Without hesitation, the two loves kissed. As the kissed ended, Morbius turned to Tsuyu.

Morbius: I respect your wishes, Tsuyu. But as I said before, I cannot honor that promise without violating the promise I made to myself and Momo. I hope you can respect that.

Tsuyu said nothing as she simply nodded.

Morbius: I...I am tired. I must rest. We should all get some sleep.

With that, everyone went back inside and made their way to their Dorms to sleep in for the night. As Morbius entered his Dorm room, he took a moment to collect his thoughts. After doing so, Morbius got into his coffin shaped bed and slept for the night, preparing himself for what tomorrow had to offer.