Chapter Nine - Yaoyorozu VS Tokoyami

After Morbius's victory over Shiozaki, he returned to the stands where he was hugged by Yaoyorozu.

Yaoyorozu: That was amazing Michael!

Morbius smiled at Yaoyorozu as he returned the hug. After that, Iida won his match after Hatsume forfeited the match. Then Mina scored a quick victory against Aoyama. The next match was Yaoyorozu against Tokoyami. Morbius could tell that she was nervous.

Morbius: It'll be fine Momo. You'll do fine.

Morbius then kissed her forehead as a means to comfort her. At that point, Yaoyorozu felt ready for the fight. As she and Tokoyami went to the stands, Jiro talked with Morbius.

Jiro: Hey Michael, can I ask you something?

Morbius: Of course. What is it?

Jiro: Are you and Yaomomo a thing?

Upon hearing that question, Morbius blushed with embarrassment. His pale skin made it fairly obvious.

Morbius: You could say that.

Jiro: I can tell that she cares for you.

Morbius: You are correct. And I care very deeply for her. Even when during times where I lost control she still cares for me. She's been there for me for the longest time.

Jiro was surprised to see this side of Morbius. He was usual stoic and kept to himself. In this case, Morbius was someone deeply in love. Soon enough, Present Mic presented the fight.

Present Mic(Intercom): THE NEXT MATCH IS ABOUT TO BEGIN! OFFENSE AND DEFENSE IN ONE BODY! THE DARK SAMURAI ACCOMPANIED BY DARK SHADOW! FROM THE HERO COURSE, FUMIKAGE TOKOYAMI!

The crowd cheered for Tokoyami as he maintained his calm and distant demeanor.

Present Mic(Intercom): HIS OPPONENT IS THE GREAT CREATOR! SHE WAS ADMITTED BECAUSE OF RECOMMENDATION AND I THINK WE CAN SEE WHY! ALSO FROM CLASS 1-A, MOMO YAOYOROZU!

As the crowd cheered for Yaoyorozu, she began to grow nervous. She looked to the stands and saw Morbius smiling her way.

Yaoyorozu: (Michael.....I won't fail!)

Present Mic(Intercom): CLASH!

As the fight started, Yaoyorozu began analyzing Tokoyami. She knew his Quirk could potentially end the fight in seconds. Without warning, Tokoyami sent Dark Shadow to attack her. Yaoyorozu was able to use Creation Quirk to form a shield. As Dark Shadow landed a punch on her shield, Yaoyorozu saw an opportunity.

Yaoyorozu: Now it's my turn to attack!

Yaoyorozu attempts to form a melee weapon, but Dark Shadow quickly lands another strike. The force of the punch knocks the shield out of her hand.

Yaoyorozu: (I....I can't concentrate on my Quirk!)

Dark Shadow lands one devastating punch after another. While the shield was able to take the damage, she was pushed around. Yaoyorozu kept her focus on her defense. After a moment, the attacks stopped. She looked to see Dark Shadow retreating.

Yaoyorozu: (Why has he stopped? This is my chance!)

Yaoyorozu then formed a bo staff from her hand. Before she could attack, Midnight made an announcement.

Midnight: YAOYOROZU! OUT OF BOUNDS!

As Midnight made this announcement, Yaoyorozu was shocked. He looked beneath her and saw that one of her feet had been place out of bounds. She realized that Tokoyami's attack had pushed her out of bounds and she didn't realize it. As the match was called, Tokoyami bowed in respect.

Present Mic(Intercom): AN OVERWHELMING VICTORY! AN OVERWHELMING VICTORY!

Yaoyorozu: I...I lost? I didn't even do anything.....

At that point, Yaoyorozu felt absolutely demoralized. In her mind, she felt that she let her classmates down. She felt that she let Morbius down. As both Tokoyami and Yaoyorozu went back to the stands, Morbius could tell that Yaoyorozu that deeply bothered by what happened. He decided to speak with Yaoyorozu privately.

Morbius: What's wrong?

Yaoyorozu: I....I failed Michael. I let you down.

Morbius: You didn't fail me. You did the best you could.

Yaoyorozu: I....I couldn't concentrate! I couldn't anticipate Tokoyami's attacks!

Morbius: Do not worry Momo. Whether you won or lost doesn't matter to me. It doesn't change my feelings for you in the slightest.

As tears began to fall down Yaoyorozu's face, Morbius placed his hand on her face. She didn't mind his cold touch as he wiped away her tears.

Morbius: Do not cry, Momo. It doesn't do your beauty justice.

Yaoyorozu: Michael....

Morbius: I love you Momo. Nothing in the world will ever change that. You have been there for me for the longest time. If it weren't for you, I wouldn't be here. I don't care whether you win or lose. I love you. That will never change.

As Morbius spoke to Yaoyorozu, she clutched his hand.

Morbius: Don't cry Momo. Seeing you cry breaks my heart.

Yaoyorozu then wiped her tears away as she hugged Morbius tightly. Morbius then stroked Yaoyorozu's hair lovingly.

Morbius: It's all right Momo. It's all right.

Yaoyorozu: Thank you Michael.....thank you.

After that, Morbius and Yaoyorozu went back to the group as the Sports Festival continued. Kirishima and Tetsutetsu would end in a tie. The tie was soon broken by an arm wrestling contest in which Kirishima won. Ochaco then fought a valiant fight, but was overpowered by Bakugo's sheer raw strength. After that, the matches for the next round were decided.

Match #1: Izuku Midoriya VS Shoto Todoroki

Match #2: Michael Morbius VS Tenya Iida

Match #3: Mina Ashido VS Fumikage Tokoyami

Mach #4: Eijiro Kirishima VS Katsuki Bakugo

Morbius quickly realized that Iida as well as the other remaining contestants could prove to be challenging fights. In the back of his mind, Morbius fear losing control of his thirst. Despite this fear, Morbius would not let that deter him as he planned to give it everything he has.