Chapter Thirty Four - Hero Work Studies

After the events of the previous day, Class 1-A was waiting in their classroom for class to start. As they waited for class to start, Morbius was talking with Yaoyorozu.

Yaoyorozu: I wonder what these Hero Work Studies have to offer.

Morbius: If what Mirio said yesterday indicates anything, then there's no doubt that a challenge awaits us.

Yaoyorozu: Do you think they'll go through with it based on the rise of Villain attacks.

Morbius: I don't know. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

While Morbius and Yaoyorozu talked about the impending Hero Work Studies, Aizawa walks into the class. When class starts, Aizawa gets right to the point, discussing what was previously mentioned when the Big Three visited their class.

Aizawa: The Hero Work Studies are a more serious version of your internships. They entail helping Pro agencies on the streets and with investigations. Your teachers and the principal discussed it at the faculty meeting and we call agreed that it's too soon and they should be cancelled.

Upon hearing this, there was a collective shock about this. Morbius as well as Yaoyorozu took note of Aizawa's words as they quickly deduced where Aizawa was going with this.

Aizawa: And with that in mind, the compromise is to be selective about participating agencies. So chose one with a proven track record, otherwise you won't be taking part. 

It was clear that Aizawa was very hesitant about allowing his students to participate in the Hero Work Studies with all that has happened. As the class began to decide who they would intern for, Yaoyorozu decided to continue her internships with the Snake Hero: Uwabami. As for Morbius, he considered continuing his internship with Hawks, but it appeared that Hawks's agency was filled up. As class was dismissed, Yaoyorozu left for Uwabami's agency while Morbius had yet to decide on the agency he would intern for. As he walked out of UA, he runs into Ochaco and Tsuyu who were with Nejire Hado of the Big Three. As he waves at them, Nejire approached Morbius. 

Nejire: Hey there, Morbius! Off to your internship?

Morbius: Hello, Nejire. Not quite. I've yet to decide. 

Ochaco: Really? Why's that?

Morbius: I thought about continuing my internship with Hawks, but his agency is all filled up. 

Tsuyu: Maybe you could join up with us. Nejire recommended that we join up with her. She's working with the Dragoon Hero: Ryukyu.

Morbius: Ryukyu? The Number 9 Hero?

Ochaco: The very same!

Nejire: I think that would be a wonderful idea! Miss Tatsuma would absolutely be delighted at having you intern for her! I remember her talking about you after the Sports Festival!

As Nejire said that, Morbius began to consider joining Ochaco and Tsuyu. Since Hawks's agency was filled up and he was undecided about the others, Ryukyu's agency seemed like a good idea. 

Morbius: I suppose that would be a good idea. If you would have me, I wouldn't mind in joining you. 

Nejire: Of course! I'll let Miss Tatsuma know right away!

With that, Morbius joined Nejire, Ochaco and Tsuyu. On their way to Ryukyu's agency, two Villains with Gigantification Quirks battle and create havoc. As police arrive at the scene, Nejire knocks them down with her Quirk. 

Nejire: Hey now why are you two fighting? Is it because you have the same Quirks? That's weird.

As the Villains move to attack Nejire, she charges her Surge Quirk to 30 Output and knocks both villains down with her Super Move: Nejire Wave. As the Villains were knocked back, Ochaco and Tsuyu attack the Villains with a joint Super Move in which Ochaco touches debris, herself and Tsuyu to float. Tsuyu then uses her tongue to throw debris against the Villains. As the Villains were stunned by the attack, Morbius glides to the Villains and transforms himself a swarm of bats. As the Villains tries to fight off the bats, Morbius reforms himself just as Ochaco and Tsuyu dealt the final blow, knocking them out. As the Villains were neutralized, Nejire approached them. 

Nejire: Oh my gosh that was awesome! You three didn't look nervous at all! 

As Nejire said this, Ryukyu appeared. 

Ryukyu: A fine display. It seems Nejire was not wrong in her description of your abilities. 

Ochaco/Tsuyu: Thank you so much for agreeing to take us on. 

Ryukyu: My pleasure. 

As Ryukyu said this, she glanced over to Morbius. 

Ryukyu: Michael Morbius. When Nejire told me that you were interested in working under my agency, I was pleasantly surprised. 

Morbius: I will admit, my first choice was to resume my internship with Hawks, but his agency was full. When Nejire offered me the chance to intern with you, I couldn't refuse. 

Ryukyu: I see you have some new moves. Transforming into a swarm of bats is impressive. Quite the display to strike fear into the hearts of Villains. I am looking forward to working with you all. 

Morbius: We are honored. 

As Morbius said that, Ryukyu looked upon the UA students who would be working in her agencies as part of the Hero Work Studies. She was impressed by the talent these three had. In that moment, Morbius along with Ochaco and Tsuyu had joined Nejire in working with the Dragoon Hero: Ryukyu as a part of their Hero Work Studies. What they didn't know was that they would quickly be put to the test as a dangerous threat looms in the shadows, ready to make their move.