Chapter Forty One - The Cultural Festival

After days of practice and anticipation, the Cultural Festival was finally here. As all of UA's classes prepared for their performances, Principal Nezu made an announcement from the stage.

Nezu: Good morning students and faculty members of UA High! It is my greatest honor to present you this year's Cultural Festival!

As Principal Nezu addressed the crowd, Morbius and the rest of Class 1-A was preparing for their performance. As Morbius was tuning his guitar, he looked out from behind the curtains and looked at the crowd. A sense of nervousness fell on Morbius.

Morbius: Hhm....

As Morbius continues to tune his guitar, he was approached by Yaoyorozu.

Yaoyorozu: How are you feeling, Michael?

Morbius: A little nervous, Momo.

Yaoyorozu: You have nothing to worry about, Michael. I know you'll do well.

Morbius smiled as he continued to tune his guitar. After a moment, the crowd began cheering.

Nezu: To start off this great day is a musical performance from Class 1-A!

The crowd cheered as Kyoka Jiro took center stage with her Bass. Jiro took a deep breath as she looked around the crowd. Morbius looked around at the crowd for a bit before glancing over to Yaoyorozu who was standing behind her keyboards. As the two locked eyes for a moment, Morbius couldn't help but smile.

Jiro: My....my name is Kyoka Jiro of Class 1-A! This song is dedicated to all Heroes past, present and future! We can all be Heroes!

As Jiro addressed the crowd, the curtains open up showing the music band and the dancers in position. As the crowd begins cheering. Then the lights go out. In that darkness, Bakugo yells out for the performance to begin and generating an explosion as he starts playing the drums to which Morbius, Yaoyorozu, Kaminari, Tokoyami and Jiro begin playing their instruments following suite and the dance team begin the performance. The audience is surprised by the flashy introduction, as Jiro thanks them for being there before she starts singing.

Morbius: (So far, so good....)

Morbius smirked as he played the guitar. Everyone is pumped with Class 1-A's singing and dancing. Even those students who showed up simply to criticize them are unable to hide their enjoyment and start cheering and dancing with everyone else. During all this, Eri watched the performance with awe in her eyes. or the first time in a long time, Eri felt joy.  At the given time, Midoriya throws Aoyama into the air, who uses his Quirk Navel Laser to fill the room with light effects to the audience's delight, being picked up by Ojiro to continue dancing. Then Izuku leaves the stage to prepare Yuga to be the mirror ball and maneuver him during the finale. As the finale was fast approaching, Morbius walked to the center if the stage and began playing a fast paced and emotional solo. Yaoyorozu watched this with tears in her eyes while playing the keyboards. 

Yaoyorozu: (Michael....)

When Morbius finished his solo, the attention was directed back onto Jiro who sang. As Jiro sang the last verse of the song, her voice soared through the audience. This was the moment where Eri smiled the biggest smile in her life. Mirio watched with a smile on his face as the girl who had lived in misery for so long smiled. The shadow of Overhaul was lifted. At the same time, Shikamaru played a power chord which matched Jiro's voice. When the performance is about to end, Todoroki and Sero combine their Quirk to create garlands of ice, while Yaoyorozu uses her Quirk to shoot confetti to create a dazzling end to their performance. Class 1-A begin launching some of them into the air, making it all the more spectacular, and Ochaco uses her Quirk to get some of the audience to join in on the fun. As Morbius floated in the air, he smiled. He never thought that he would feel so alive and free. Morbius turned his eyes onto Yaoyorozu. In that moment, Morbius felt grateful for all that she has done for him. The show ends with applause and a great ovation from the audience. Some time later, Morbius and Yaoyorozu hug each other backstage. 

Yaoyorozu: Michael! That was amazing! 

Morbius: It was....surreal. But I'm glad I took part in this. With you. 

As Morbius smiled as he hugged Yaoyorozu. Suddenly, Eri approached the group, specifically Jiro. Mirio was standing behind her.

Eri: H...hello.

Jiro: Hey, Eri! Did you like the show?

Eri: I love it! It was amazing!

Without warning, Eri hugged Jiro, prompting a warm reaction from the rest of Class 1-A. Jiro smiled as she hugged Eri. Class 1-A's performance managed to get Eri to smile. For Jiro and the rest of Class 1-A, this was a victory.

Eri: Can you.....can you teach me to play? Like you?

Jiro was taken aback by this.

Jiro: O....of course!

With that, the rest of Class 1-A left the backstage to enjoyed all the other displays and performances from the rest of the UA classes. As the Cultural Festival ended, Morbius and Yaoyorozu were walking back to the Dorms. 

Yaoyorozu: So the Cultural Festival is over. Did you enjoy it?

Morbius: I did. More than I expected. When I looked at that crowd, I saw no scared face. 

Yaoyorozu: You've come a long way from being that scared boy hiding from the world. Now the world sees you as I do. 

Morbius smiled as he and Yaoyorozu made their way back to the Dorms. The UA Cultural Festival was a success. All classes continue to have fun and enjoy the events and attractions of the festival. When the Cultural Festival was over, everyone went back to the UA Dorms. But as this celebration ended, a dark plan was underway.