Chapter Seventeen - The Final Exams

After weeks of studying, Morbius along with the rest of Class 1-A went to class for the Final Exams. As the test was being passed around, Morbius prepared himself for the test. Once the test began, Morbius began answering the questions that were on it. Using all that he had learned, Morbius completed the test without much difficulty. After an hour and a half, Aizawa called out to the class.

Aizawa: All right. Pencils down! Pass up your exams up front.

Morbius and the rest of Class 1-A passed their tests to the front. After collecting everyone's test, Aizawa had everyone get into their Hero costumes and meet him in the control room.

Aizawa: You'll be paired up with another student and take on a UA faculty member. You have 30 minutes to either take them down or escape.

Morbius was quick to notice the odd number of students in the class.

Morbius: How will everyone be paired? There's 21 of us.

Aizawa: I am fully aware of this, Morbius. That is why I am slightly altering the rules for this scenario. All the teams have already been selected. You're the only one without a partner. 

Upon hearing this, Yaoyorozu grew concerned. Morbius however felt no such feeling. In fact, he welcomed the challenge. 

Morbius: Very well, Mr. Aizawa. If I must face a Pro Hero by myself, then so be it. Who will I be facing? 

Aizawa: Due to the...special nature of this, I will be facing you. As I stated before, You have 30 minutes to either take me down or escape. 

Morbius: Very well. 

With that, both Morbius and Aizawa were placed in their starting areas. Morbius began to plan out his attack. He knew that Aizawa's Erasure Quirk would make this fight difficult. Despite this, Morbius planned out his attack carefully. When the time to plan was up, Morbius began to hunt the fake city for Aizawa. He used his Vampiric senses to seek out Aizawa. Soon enough, Aizawa wrapped Morbius's arm with his Combat Scarves, but Morbius was able to slash through it with his claws. 

Aizawa: Not bad, Morbius. 

Morbius gnashed his fangs and lunged at Aizawa. The two engaged in a fierce hand to hand combat. Aizawa was able to keep up with Morbius's speed. Morbius then kicked Aizawa away and retreated into a dark alleyway. Aizawa followed him and soon found himself in Morbius's territory. 

Aizawa: All right, Morbius...where are you? 

As Aizawa searched for Morbius, Morbius crept in the darkness, observing Aizawa's movements. Morbius stalked Aizawa like prey in the shadows. Meanwhile, Aizawa kept his eye out for Morbius. He knew that he was at a disadvantage, but Aizawa had a plan for this. When Morbius lunged at Aizawa, Aizawa was able to react quickly and kicked Morbius in the face. He then placed Morbius in an arm lock. 

Aizawa: What's your plan now, Morbius?

Morbius used his Vampiric strength to break free from the arm lock. He then got to his feet and attacked Aizawa. He managed to slash at Aizawa's back. Morbius then climbs the wall of a building to gain Aizawa's attention. Aizawa used his Combat Scarves to climb up that same building to follow Morbius. As they both reached the rooftop, both Aizawa and Morbius paced one another. 

Morbius: You fight well, Mr. Aizawa. 

Aizawa: You're not so bad yourself, but you rely on your Quirk too much. 

Morbius: You couldn't be further from the truth. I hold myself back because the moment I lose control, someone could die. In the eyes of most, I'm a monster destined to feed on the blood of the innocent. But I shall not fall to that fate. I will become a Hero and use my powers for good!

With that, Morbius and Aizawa engaged in a fist fight once more. Aizawa had his Erasure Quirk activated, cancelling out most of Morbius's Quirk capabilities. During the fight, Morbius lunged at Aizawa and bit into his arm. In that moment, Morbius began to feast on Aizawa's blood. Morbius was able to resist his urge to keep feeding and released Aizawa from his bite. 

Aizawa: That was risky....

Morbius: As I said, I am not a monster!

The effect of Morbius's bite slowed Aizawa down, allowing Morbius to gain the upper hand on his homeroom teacher. Morbius used his Vampiric strength to overpower Aizawa. Before Aizawa could recover, Morbius placed the cuffs given to him for the fight and binds Aizawa. With that, the fight was over with Morbius the victor. 

Aizawa: Not bad, Morbius. 

Morbius: I will admit, when I bit into your arm, my thirst nearly took over. It took every ounce of my willpower to fight off my thirst.

Aizawa smirked at Morbius's words. He knew that Morbius's thirst for blood was insatiable and posed a great risk. The fact that Morbius was able to resist this impressed him. 

Aizawa: Good job, Morbius. Keep up the good work. 

With that, Morbius had passed the Final Exams. Soon enough, the rest of Class 1-A completed their fights and passed with the exception of Mina, Kirishima, Sero and Sato. Luckily for them, they were allowed to attend the Training Camp under the condition they would take remedial classes to make up for failing. With that, Morbius was proud of his display today. It showed that he was slowly gaining control of his thirst. But he still had much to learn.