Chapter Thirty Five - Out Of The Frying Pan

As the Hero Work Studies began, Morbius along with Ochaco and Tsuyu began their internships under Ryukyu alongside Nejire. In the days following the start of the Hero Work Studies, Ryukyu was called to a meeting. Morbius and the others were invited to tag along. On the way there, Morbius questions Ryukyu.

Morbius: If I may ask, what is the purpose of this meeting? 

Ryukyu: I've been working with Sir Nighteye on his investigation into the Shie Hassaikai: a splinter group of the Yakuza.

Ochaco: The Yakuza? They've been on the decline ever since the Hero Association was set up! 

Morbius: Has your investigation turned up anything?

Ryukyu: Nothing concrete. But if Sir Nighteye is calling this meeting, then it must mean that we've reached a breakthrough. 

Soon enough, they met up with Sir Nighteye and a group of the Pro Heroes involved in the investigation. It included Aizawa, Fat Gum, Ryukyu and a few others. Also in attendance were some of their classmates and the Big Three. As Sir Nighteye entered the room, he briefed them on the situation. According to the results of the investigation, the Shie Hassaikai have been involved in several isolated attacks as well as a potential involvement with the League of Villains. As everyone was briefed on the situation, one of the Pros speak out.

Rock Lock: Does anybody want to tell me why a bunch of high school kids were invited to this conference? I don't care if they are from UA. If we have to stop and keep explaining this stuff to them, we'll never get to the game plan.

Morbius: I don't mean to offend, but Ryukyu placed her faith in us for a reason. We are young, but we've fought Villains before. Your concern is noted, but not necessary. 

Sir Nighteye: Hassaikai's movements are difficult to trace, but we suspect that one of the main source of income is through illegal drug sales. So I requested assistance from Heroes who have some expertise in that area.

It was at this point that Fat Gum steps up. informs the group that a sample of the drug used in a bullet that was able to cancel out someone's Quirk. He also informed everyone that a sample of the bullet contained blood and cell samples from a human. Morbius was especially horrified at this development. 

Morbius: You mean....someone is using a person's blood to generate these abominations?! This....this is horrid!

At this point, Midoriya and Mirio reveal about their encounter with Overhaul and a little girl. As the details were revealed about the little girl, Morbius's horror turned to anger. As Midoriya and Mirio proclaimed their intentions to rescue the little girl, Morbius stepped up. 

Morbius: What these....animals are doing to that little girl is unforgivable! 

Sir Nighteye: Precisely. The time to act is now.

In response to this, Sir Nighteye proposes a multi front raid on multiple Shie Hassaikai hideouts in order to locate the main compound so that they may rescue the little girl. As the raid was being planned, Morbius took the time to reflect on the mission to come. Ochaco and Tsuyu could see that the recent developments of the investigation affected Morbius the most.

Ochaco: Michael, are you okay? 

Morbius: I am fine. I am just horrified that someone would even think to inflict this level of cruelty onto a little girl. 

As Morbius says this, his mind falls back to his childhood before meeting Yaoyorozu. He thought about how he lived alone and on the streets. As the memories played in his mind, Morbius spoke up.

Morbius: I do not know how this little girl came to be in the position she is in now. Had I not met Momo, I....I could've been where that girl is now. And now.....she is being experimented on by those....animals! 

It soon became clear to Ochaco and Tsuyu that the matter of the little girl sparked a special kind of outrage from Morbius. They had never seen this much anger in him before. 

Morbius: I became a Hero to help those in need. And it is clear that this little girl needs a Hero. I will see to it that these animals pay for their crimes in full! They will know terror as the Living Vampire exacts justice! This I swear!

As Morbius says this, Ryukyu enters the room. 

Ryukyu: Listen up, everyone. Sir Nighteye is going to follow up on a promising lead. Once he determines where the main hideout is, we'll make our move. 

Ochaco/Tsuyu: Right!

Nejire: You can count on us!

Morbius: Ryukyu, I will not let you down. Nor will I let that little girl down. 

Ryukyu: As I said before, you've all proven yourselves to be invaluable assets. I put my trust in you all. I know you all won't let me down. 

As Ryukyu says this, Morbius along Ochaco, Tsuyu and Nejire were all inspired by Ryukyu's words. Morbius especially was ready to do everything in his power to help this little girl and free her from the horrors she was now facing. In that moment, Morbius felt as if he was now Peter Cushing's Van Helsing from Horror of Dracula. Like Peter Cushing's Van Helsing, Morbius would do everything in his power to help liberate this little girl from the great monster that held her captive. In that moment, Sir Nighteye set his plan in motion. Little did he know that an all out war with the Shie Hassaikai was about to break out.