Chapter Twenty One - Invasion

As the students of Classes 1-A and 1-B continue to train, they participate in a training exercise in the Beast Forest. Morbius was paired up with Yaoyorozu. As they walked the Beast Forest, Morbius felt something off. 

Yaoyorozu: Michael? Is something wrong?

Morbius was silent for a moment. He picked up an unfamiliar scent. It was faint. Morbius looked around the Beast Forest in an attempt to pinpoint it. Yaoyorozu grew more concerned. 

Yaoyorozu: Michael?

Morbius: Momo. Something's wrong. I need you to run back to the others and tell them something is coming. 

Yaoyorozu: What are you....

Before Yaoyorozu could finish her sentence, the couple were attacked by a large Nomu. Morbius was able to grab Yaoyorozu and rush her to safety before the Nomu could land a hit. The Nomu then turned it's head towards the two. 

Morbius: Momo, run! 

Yaoyorozu: I'm not leaving you, Michael! 

Morbius: Go! I'll hold it off! You have to warn the others!

The Nomu charges in to attack, but Morbius grabs the Nomu's fist. Using his Vampiric strength, Morbius keeps the Nomu at bay. Left with no other choice, Yaoyorozu is forced to run and warn the others. As Yaoyorozu gets away, the Nomu breaks free of Morbius's hold and kicks him away. Morbius gets back on his feet and readies his claws. 

Morbius: You will not harm her!

The Nomu snarls as Morbius to which Morbius snarls back.

Morbius: Strike at me, monster! 

Morbius and the Nomu engage in a heated melee fight with one another. As the Nomu throws punches at Morbius, Morbius uses his Vampiric strength to dodge the attacks. However, the Nomu soon lands a punch which sends Morbius through a couple of trees. Morbius was able to recover just as the Nomu was about to slam it's fist onto Morbius. As Morbius put some distance between himself and the Nomu, he turned to see blue flames along the treelines of the Beast Forest. 

Morbius: Momo....

Morbius was soon blindsided by the Nomu and hit in the head. The force of the blow disoriented him. His vision became blurry as the Nomu began to beat him down. 

Morbius: (This...this creature is stronger than the one at the USJ! I...I don't know how much more I can take...)

The Nomu continued to beat Morbius down. During the vicious beatdown, Morbius began to feel his thirst beginning to set him. His mind soon fell on Yaoyorozu. He knew that she was in danger. He knew that this Nomu didn't come alone. 

Morbius: (Momo....I won't let them hurt you. I won't!)

As the Nomu moved in to finish Morbius off, Morbius grabbed the Nomu's hand. He then slashed at the Nomu's get kicks him away. Morbius then licked the blood off his claws. He then growled softly. 

Morbius: Your blood is tainted, but it will do. 

Morbius soon lunged at the Nomu and turned the tide of the fight. He began slashing at the Nomu's body. 

Morbius: I swore that I would never kill a living being! But you are not human! You're vermin! And I am the predator who feeds on your kind! Welcome to the food chain! 

Morbius began to viciously attack the Nomu. In that moment, he let the beast within him out. Morbius continued to slash at the Nomu. 

Morbius: Gaze upon me, you mindless monster! Morbius the living vampire will be the last sight your miserable eyes behold!

Morbius then bit down on the Nomu's neck and began to suck it's blood. Despite his training to control his insatiable thirst, Morbius allowed his thirst to take over. As Morbius drained the blood from the Nomu's body, he felt a sense of invigoration in his body. It was as if he gorged himself on a grand feast. Suddenly, he picked up Yaoyorozu's scent. Something was deeply wrong. 

Morbius: Momo!

Morbius then took off. Meanwhile, Yosetsu Awase from Class 1-B was hiding in the bushes with a wounded Yaoyorozu after an encounter with a different Nomu. As Awase hides in the bushes, Morbius approaches him. 

Awase: You're that Morbius guy, right?

Morbius's attention soon fell on the wounded Yaoyorozu. 

Morbius: What happened?!

Awase: We were jumped by some sort of creature. We managed to get away, but she gott banged up pretty bad. She...she planted something on it. 

Morbius looked upon the wounded Yaoyorozu with sadness in his eyes.

Morbius: Momo...I'm sorry....

Awase: I'm sorry, Michael. I...I did everything I could. 

Morbius: This wasn't your fault, Awase. You did everything in your power to protect her. I thank you for that. 

Awase: Between the two of us, I think Monoma is full of crap. You're not a monster. You're far from it. 

Morbius smiled upon Awase's words as the two shook hands. 

Morbius: You're a good man, Awase. Class 1-B is honored to have you representing it's class. 

Awase: And 1-A is lucky to have you as it's student. If anyone can be a hero, it's you. 

With that, Morbius and Awase took the wounded Yaoyorozu back to the cabin. In that time, the Heroes were able to push back the League of Villains. However, they were able to kidnap Bakugo in the process. This was a crushing blow to the Heroes. Not only were the League of Villains able to attack them at will, but that they were able to kidnap one of their own. From this moment, a plot had been set in motion that would shake the very foundations of Hero Society.