Chapter Ten - Morbius VS Iida

After a brief intermission, the Sports Festival resumed. The first fight ended in a hard fought victory for Todoroki against Midoriya. Morbius quickly took note of the fires he used.

Morbius: (Those fires could pose a problem.....)

Soon enough, the next match was underway. Morbius and Iida made their way to the arena.

Present Mic(Intercom): ALL RIGHT FOLKS, OUR NEXT MATCH IS UNDERWAY! FIRST WE HAVE THE LIVING VAMPIRE OF CLASS 1-A: MICHAEL MORBIUS! AND HIS OPPONENT IS FELLOW CLASSMATE TENYA IIDA!

As the fight was announced, both Morbius and Iida exchanged words before the fight.

Morbius: Good luck Iida. I wish you luck on this fight.

Iida: Well spoken Michael! I wish you luck as well!

Present Mic(Intercom): CLASH!

The match had begun. Iida immediately activated his Engine Quirk and began running at blinding speed. He attempts to eliminate Morbius by using his speed to grab him and push him out of bounds. But as Iida got closer, he blinked and saw only a trail of black smoke. Iida immediately stops.

Iida: What?! Where did he go?

Morbius: That was a clever strategy, but that won't work on me.

Iida turns around and narrowly dodges Morbius's attack. Iida was taken aback by Morbius's speed.

Iida: Such speed! I didn't anticipate your Quirk to grant you speed!

Morbius: My Quirk grants me many abilities. Speed is simply one of them.

The two then began exchanging blows with one another. Morbius and Iida were fighting so fast that they were effectively two blurs clashing against one another in the eyes of the crowd. In the stands, the students of Class 1-A had a hard time tracking their two classmates.

Mina: Look at them go! I can barely see them!

Kirishima: I didn't think anyone would be able to keep up with Iida! Looks like Michael's full of surprises!

Yaoyorozu kept her focus on the fight. She couldn't help but feel concern for Morbius. Jiro could tell something was bothering her.

Jiro: Are you all right, Yaomomo?

Yaoyorozu: I'm....I'm fine.

Back in the fight, Morbius and Iida continue to blitz one another with speed based attacks. This fight would be decided on who would make the first mistake. Morbius knew that Iida's speed was superior to his own. Despite this, Morbius kept up with Iida. Soon enough, Morbius saw an opportunity and tackled Iida.

Morbius: I have you now!

At this point, Iida couldn't keep up. While Iida had the advantage in speed, Morbius had the advantage in raw strength.

Iida: (His attacks are too fast for me! I....I can't keep up!)

Iida's guard was soon overwhelmed as Morbius went on the offensive. Morbius then unleashed a barrage of fast and powerful attacks with his claws. The continued aggressive attacks eventually became too much for Iida.

Iida: I.....I submit!

Upon hearing this, Morbius stopped himself as Midnight announced the end of the fight.

Midnight: IIDA HAS BEEN ELIMINATED!

Present Mic(Intercom): WHAT A SHOW! THE LIVING VAMPIRE IS ON A ROLL! IT LOOKS LIKE MORBIUS IS ON THE FAST TRAIL TO VICTORY! CAN HE KEEP UP THIS WINNING STREAK?! WE'LL FIND OUT SOON!

As the crowd cheered, Morbius walked to the exhausted Iida and helped him up.

Iida: It seems fortune has favored you this day.

Morbius: You fought well Iida. This day favored us both.

Iida was bolstered by Morbius's words. Despite being the clear victor, Morbius was humble about it. Soon enough, both Morbius and Iida where they were greeted by their classmates. 

Kaminari: That was an awesome fight down there! I could barely see you two!

Sero: No kidding! You two were like blurs down there! I'm surprised I was able to see at all! 

Morbius smiled at the praise as he walked over to Yaoyorozu and hugged her tightly. After that, the Sports Festival continued with Tokoyami scoring a quick victory over Mina. After that fight, Bakugo scored himself a quick victory against Kirishima. With that, the next round of matches of the tournament were decided.

Match #1: Michael Morbius VS Shoto Todoroki

Match #2: Katsuki Bakugo VS Fumikage Tokoyami

Upon seeing his next opponent, Morbius quickly realized the large threat he posed. As he planned his approach, Todoroki approached him. 

Todoroki: Morbius. 

Morbius: Todoroki. I guess you and I will be facing each other. 

Todoroki: It appears we will. Apologies in advance. 

Morbius: Apologies? Apologies for what?

Todoroki: For what I'm about to do in our match. I hope your prepared for what's to come. 

Morbius took Todoroki's words very seriously. He saw Todoroki's matches against Sero and Midoriya. He knew that Todoroki was among the most powerful in his class. That warning sent chills down everyone's spines. Despite this, Morbius remained calm and collected. 

Morbius: I guess we'll see when the time comes. 

Morbius and Todoroki locked eyes with the same amount of intensity. At this point, both knew that an intense fight awaited them both. Seeing this deeply concerned Yaoyorozu. She knew full well of Morbius's weaknesses and after seeing Todoroki's Fire Quirk in action, she knew full well that Todoroki's Fire Quirk would be devastating to Morbius. 

Yaoyorozu: (Michael......)

Soon enough, the stare down between Morbius and Todoroki ended and the two went on their way as they waited for the Sports Festival to continue. Bakugo took note of this interaction. 

Bakugo: Huh. Guess this fight should be interesting. 

Bakugo would closely watch the fight between Morbius and Todoroki. It became clear that the fight between Morbius and Todoroki would be the most intense of the Sports Festival.