Chapter Five - A New Challenge

After the invasion of the USJ, the students of Class 1-A returned to class after a few days off. In that time, Yaoyorozu tried easing Morbius's conscience after nearly losing control of his Vampirc nature. It worked to a limited capacity. He contentiously struggles with the nature of his Quirk. In class, Morbius makes a note in his journal. 

Yaoyorozu: What are you writing Michael?

Morbius: I'm working on some redesigns on my Hero Costume. 

Morbius then showed Yaoyorozu the redesigns had planned for his Hero Costume. The redesigns include a hood for protection against the Sun and a set of cloth wings to help him glide faster and longer. Yaoyorozu looked upon the designs with interest. 

Yaoyorozu: How long have you been working on this?

Morbius: A few days. I noticed back at the USJ that my powers were weakened by the Sunlight. This hood should be able to keep me covered. As for the wings, this should allow me to glide over longer distances. 

As Morbius and Yaoyorozu were going over the redesigns, Aizawa entered the classroom covered in bandages. Everyone in Class 1-A is  relieved to see their homeroom teacher well considering he was badly injured during the attack. 

Iida: MR. AIZAWA! I'M GLAD YOU'RE OKAY!

Aizawa: My well being is irrelevant right now. What's more important is that your fight isn't over yet.

When Aizawa said that, Class 1-A became tense. They anticipate at what their teacher could mean. Morbius himself was concerned at what possible dangers await himself, but Yaoyorozu especially. 

Aizawa: The UA Sports Festival is coming up.

Upon hearing this, relief was felt by most of the class followed by excitement. Morbius was both interested and concerned considering the spectacle the Sports Festival was. Yaoyorozu then brought up a valid concern. 

Yaoyorozu: Is it wise to hold the Sports Festival when we just had a villain attack?

Aizawa: Your concerns are valid, but the festival was deemed too important to cancel. With that being said, tight security will be placed to ensure the safety of the class and everyone involved.

Yaoyorozu: I see. Thank you Mr. Aizawa.

Aizawa: The Sports Festival will be in two weeks. This will be an opportunity to show the world what you're made of. Make a good enough impression and you'll be asked to internship at a Pro Hero Agency.

Morbius saw the Sports Festival as an opportunity to overcome his own doubts about his Quirk. He wanted more than anything to show the world that despite his appearance, he wasn't a monster. But he was cautious about how his thirst for blood would play out. When class ended, the students of Class 1-A attempt to leave class. They were blocked by a group of students. 

Bakugo: Out of my way extras!

Iida: YOU CAN'T JUST GO AROUND CALLING PEOPLE EXTRAS WHEN YOU DON'T KNOW THEIR NAMES!

As Bakugo said that, Neito Monoma of Class 1-B began talking down on Class 1-A. 

Monoma: So this is the great Class 1-A? Looks like Hero standards have lowered if people like you are considered the top! 

As Monoma talked down on the class, Morbius confronted Monoma. 

Morbius: Be careful not to talk down on others. Arrogance is not the way of the Hero. 

Monoma: You're one to talk! I heard about what you did during the invasion. I didn't know UA was accepting monsters into the Hero course!

Upon hearing that, Morbius was filled with rage. He moved on Monoma ready to punch him, but Yaoyorozu stops him. 

Yaoyorozu: No Michael. It's not worth it!

Monoma: Look at that monster! You have a friend!  

Tetsutetsu: Aren't you being a little harsh on the guy Monoma?

Monoma: I'm not the one who nearly killed a man! 

Morbius quickly calmed himself down as he didn't want to cause any trouble. Soon enough, Hitoshi Shinso from the General Studies course issued a declaration of war against Class 1-A. Bakugo eagerly accepts this. As the crowd began to die down, Monoma looked back on Morbius. 

Monoma: Guess we'll be seeing each other at the Sports Festival, monster. Try not to kill anyone before the Sports Festival!

As the crowd dispersed, Morbius was angered by Monoma's words. Yaoyorozu could feel his anger despite his cold touch. As they were walking home, Yaoyorozu spoke with Morbius. 

Yaoyorozu: Don't let what Monoma said get to you. You're no monster at all!

Morbius: I understand Momo, but there are times where I feel exactly that. 

Yaoyorozu: Stop that talk Michael! You're not a monster! No matter what anyone says, you're a good person! You'll be a great Hero and everyone will see that! 

As Yaoyorozu spoke those encouraging words to Morbius, he felt a sense a strong feeling of appreciation for his dear friend. She and her family for the longest time treated him not as a monster but as a human being. He then hugs her tightly, causing her to blush. 

Morbius: Thank you Momo. I don't know where I'd be without you.

As Morbius said that, Yaoyorozu was taken aback by this. The two had developed strong feelings for one another, but had no idea what to do with those feelings. 

Morbius: We should probably get home. We'll need to train hard if we're going to do well at the Sports Festival. 

In that moment, Morbius and Yaoyorozu trained themselves to prepare themselves for the Sports Festival. A new challenge presented itself to Morbius and he intended to overcome it.