Chapter 24 - One Shot

FUYU'S P.O.V

Even though I got out of the hospital, I don't want to leave. I don't want to face them like this. But even though they're my siblings, I can't help it. I feel that they're still strangers. I'm adopted but.... I still feel alone...

"Asahina-san..." I snapped out and our literature teacher was calling my name, everyone at class were looking at me since I was staring at the floor for a long time.

Class ends, and I heard the chairs inside the room squeaking as the students stood up to go out for lunch. I don't even feel hungry... But Ema-nee-chan made this for me...

I sighed and unwrapped the cloth and opened my luncbox, "Fuyu." I jump in surprise as I felt Iori's breath near my ear. "Oh sorry..." He apologized and took a seat, and was the other side of my table, he was staring at me making me self-conscious about my face.

"You seem to think a lot lately." He rested his chin on his hand as he sighed, putting his arm on top of my table. I shook fasstly my head making my hair wave, "No-not at all!" I tried to convince him as I feign an image of an innocent flower. But he stares at me, not even buying it.

"But you're fingers, it's trembling. You're also staring at space lately, you sure?" He furrowed his eyebrows making me sweat a lot. If.... if I can tell it to him... but he might think that I was lying all the time... But I'll give it a shot. I only have one chance in life, so I'll give it one shot.

"Fuyu, do you have something to tell me?" I looked up at him and his eyes looked curious as it pierced straight mine. I gave in and hum guiltily. I gulped and took a deep breath, "If I ever tell you this, do you promise not to get angry at me?" I asked him.

"....." He didn't answer for a while, it seems he was thinking. My legs were shaking hoping that he could just give me a nod. "Sure." He quietly answered.

"The thing is...." My face went closer to his ear to whisper my secret.

TIME SKIP

It was already a late afternoon, Iori-nii has been ignoring me since I told him my secret. Until... he looked at me. I gulped, "A-are you mad at me?" I asked him so I can break the silence that has been bothering me for so long.

"Why....why did you even do that?" He asked me calmly, but I think he's just keeping all the anger inside. "I.. I don't know... Before I did that, I remembered that I was hospitalized." I started twirling the tip of my hair.

"....." He just gave me a nod, "I don't know anymore. I don't even know how I got hospitalized." Now I wondered, How did I even get inside that room?

But anyways, I have my part-time job today. "Nii-chan, I'll be going to the city." Then he suddenly grabbed my hand, not letting go of me, Iori looked at me, "Don't worry, I won't do it again." I grinned. I walked away but he's still not letting go of my hand. "U-ugh."

He pulled me in for a hug, "Just don't kill yourself again." He hugged me tight and I felt his warmth. I tried to hug him back, but not yet. Then I pushed him away from me, he looked surprised, "I'll be late for work!" I made as an excuse and dashed away.

I went inside the butler's cafe, "Good evening." I greeted.

I worked all night and the cafe closed, it was already 6:00 pm. I still have somewhere to go to. Today is salary day but since I got my new phone already, I went to my real home, the orphanage.

I've been mad lately, I don't want to kill anyone, but I'll do whatever it takes to get those delinquents out of the orphanage. Mrs. Sawako might not be there anyway since she fled when those delinquents took the orphanage as their base.

I clicked my tongue, since I have plenty of time in my hands, I'll get them out whatever it takes.

TSUBAKI'S P.O.V

"Ah, Tsubaki-kun, would you care to deliver this to Fuyu's old orphanage?" Ukyo gave me some boxes. "What's that?" Ema asked walking up to me. "Hmm?" I grinned.

"Don't open that." Ukyo glared as he looked back at us. "I'll be out for a while." I went outside.

"Nii-chan!" I looked back and it was Ema, "Oh, Ema, you decided to come with me because I'm the only handsome guy inside? Yes." I teased her, "Anyways, why did you decide to come with me?" I asked her.

She looked at me sheepishly, "I wanted to go with you because Fuyu might be there." She told me, "Oh yeah, let's hurry." We bolted off and went to Fuyu's old orphanage.

-----------------------------

We both arrived but we heard some unusual noises inside the orphanage. "What do you think is going on?" Ema asked me. I took another step but I accidentally stepped on someone's phone on the ground. "It looks like Fuyu's, I bet she's inside." Then I felt a chill running through down my spine.

Before going inside, we peeked inside using the window and we were surprised.

We saw Fuyu tied up, and she was covered in blood, There were some delinquents holding weapons surrounding her.

Ema trembled in fear, we took the chance to run away and told everyone at home the news.

CHAPTER END

A/N: Sorry if it took me a long time to update. Fuyu isn't weak, she just wants to protect othe-- Oops, so close, find out in my next UD. Please vote and comment, thank you.

Thank you for the readers who have been waiting patiently for my next UD.