Chapter 21: Sweet Nightmare -Part 2-

FUYU'S P.O.V

I was at the orphanage for 15 years, not being adopted by anyone.  That made me sad because I felt that I'm unwanted by people, maybe they hate me.  I was asked again to buy groceries and made me feel better

because I get to go outside, and I always go to the mall.  Mrs.  Sawako allowed me to go to the park nearby and I get to play....but I was always alone.  

Sometimes some bunch of kids and delinquents threaten me, if I don't follow their rules then they will hurt me with their bats, they punch me, kick me until I fall down on my knees, they make me suffer.

That's why I'm always scared.  

It was a rainy Tuesday, I wasn't able to go outside today.  "Fuyu!  Fuyu!"  Mrs. Sawako called me, "Wha-what is it?"  I asked getting off of my bed.  "Can you deliver this?"  I saw a certificate.

"To where?"  I asked.  "Oh, this is the directions!  Might you be able to walk through this rain?"  She asked me.  I nodded, "I can do it."  I grabbed my umbrella and wore boots, and a hoodie, 

"Be careful, Fuyu-chan."  She bid good luck.  

----------------------------------------------

I opened my umbrella and walked to the household, of...  Err....  I can't read it, it's too blurry.  I reached the household and it was a mansion, I rang their doorbell.  The door opened

and it was a young boy with cream blond hair.  Like me...  (A/N:  Fuyu's natural hair color is cream blond, find out why it was turned orange!)   

"What might be your business here?"  His way of telling his question was polite but it was a little intimidating.  "U-umm, I've been asked to deliver this."  I gave him the mail.  "To Mrs. Asahina....  I suppose that's her name.."

I asked.  "Yes.  Thank you.  I'll give this to her."  He smiled.  "Oh, thank you."  I bowed and I was ready to leave.  "U-umm, it's rainy, can you even walk through it?"  He asked.  I nodded,

"Ye-yes..."  But I have to go now."  I opened my umbrella until I slipped, I was at the middle of the road, I heard his footsteps getting louder, and the next thing I know, I saw the color of black.

Wh-what happened to me?  

As I opened my eyes, I was in a clean white room, and it's look I'm lying down in a bed.  W-who am I?  How did I get here?  Am I dead or am I still alive?  I asked myself some questions.

The door opened, and it was woman that I don't know.  "Oh you're awake!  Are you alright?"  She asked me.  Does it look like I'm alright?  I don't feel anything or am I just numb?  

"Who are you?"  I asked.  "A-ah!  I'm Asahina Miwa, do you remember how we met eachother about 5 years ago?"  She asked me.  I shooked my head, "I-i-i don't know you or even myself.  I don't know who I am."

She became silent, and another woman opened the door, "Oh!  Fuyu-chan!"  She ran up to me, hugging me tightly.  "Who are you?"  I asked her and she was also surprised.

After a while, a man then walked inside the room, and he sat beside me.  "Who are you?"  I asked because it's all curiosity that's filling my mind with these thoughts.  

"Ho ho ho."  He let out a chuckle.  "Do you know why you keep asking questions?"  He asked me looking at his paper.  I shooked my head, "I don't know, what is it?"  I asked again.

"It seems you have.."  He paused.  "What?  I have what?"  "Amnesia."  .................   Silence filled in the room until I spoke the words stuck in my tongue, "What's that?"  I asked.

"You don't remember anything, my dear."  He told me.  "Wh-what?"  I was surprised.  "H-how can I get my memories back?"  I asked.  He then frowned, "That's impossible.  Memories are fragile, my dear.

If they get torn apart, you won't be able to build them back to it's orginal."  He explained.  

Then he left leaving me alone, inside the room.  ...   

I spent half a month at the hospital, they said my bones were numb, so I have to spend another half of the month here....   I feel like I'm a trapped bird in a cage.  

I wasn't in a coma but I had all the time to sleep inside the room, I've been eating hospital food which was like homemade food, and I've been drinking many vitamins, especially milk to make my bones sturdy.

I have been discovering something about me.  My name was Shimada Fuyu and I was about 15 years old, and I don't have any parents...  I'm an orphan.  And I'm at the hospital.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 15

One month has passed and I've been feeling energetic now.  I can stand up from my bed, and I can do jumping jacks.  

I was at my bed watching tv across the room, and the door opened.  And it was that two women from last month, they were holding a big cake with 16 candles lit on top.  

"Happy Birthday to you~  Happy Birthday to you~  Happy Birthday to you~"  They sang a song.  Happy Birthday?  Is it my birthday today?  "Happy Birthday Fuyu-chan!"  The greeted me.

"Am I 16 years old now?"  I asked not being surprised.  They made a big grin, "Yes!  You're 16 now!  You're an adolescent now!"  The blonde-haired woman told to me.  

"And as a birthday gift...."  The other woman with glasses paused and the two both stared at eachother.  "What is it?"  "You're going to be adopted."  As I heard those words,

my eyes widened and my heart was like the gallops of a horse.  I'm being adopted?  

And that day, that new life that began.  I can finally let out smile, made of gold.  

"You can go home when you're ready."  The woman who adopted me said to me.  Right!  I-i-i need more time!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, FUYU-CHAN!!!  

(A/N: Did you notice that this moment is before she became adopted?  It's the incident before the prologue stated it.  *winks)  

CHAPTER END