Chapter 20: Sweet Nightmare... -Part 1-

FUYU'S P.O.V   {DREAM but this is the PAST}

"Hey, hey let's play together!"  The others called out and I looked up, but the one he was calling for, was the one behind.  I frowned and I walked back to the orphanage.  I climbed upstairs and went to my bed, everyone was outside,

playing at the garden, while I'm just alone at the room looking at the ceiling.  I got even lonelier because I had friends before, but they were taken away or should I say, they were adopted.  

It makes me sad because I never saw them again, and they've been loved by their new parents, while my parents abandoned me.  

I heard the bell rang.  It's time for lunch.   I jumped out of my bed, and went downstairs.  I sat down, making me first, waiting for them at the table.  The food was just mashed potatoes and bread, it was all they could afford.

But I'm happy that I could eat something delicious.   The others already sat down, and they all went crazy getting all the food, I didn't because I was still praying, "Amen."  I spoke.  I got some large portion of mashed potatoes

since the others don't like vegetables.  They just ate bread with their spread as mayonnaise.  "Itadakimasu."  I said quietly, and I started eating.  The mashed potatoes were creamy and delicious.   

Why would they think that this is not delish?    

-------------------------------------------------------------

It was already a late afternoon and the others were still playing, while I was at the bathroom, brushing my teeth and washing my face.  "Fuyu-chan?"  Mrs. Sawako went in, she was the head of the orphanage.

I wiped my face with my towel, "What might it be, Mrs. Sawako?"  I asked.  "Since you're older at the kids at the orphanage, would you mind buying me some food?"  She gave me 5,000 yen and I was surprised.

"Mrs. Sawako?  Isn't this too much?"  I asked her and she giggled.  "Well, it's your decision, you get to buy the groceries."  She told me and my eyes sparkled.  I could buy something delicious for all of us.  

"I understand."  I let out a light smile and she patted my head, I changed to my casual clothes.  I was the oldest from the kids inside the orphanage being 10 years old, and I was rather tall for my age.  

I was walking along with the people in the street with bright city lights, I was amazed.  I reached the mall, since the grocery store is still far from the orphanage.  We are located near the city, 

actually we're just behind the mall.  I went inside, and it made me feel a little chilly, good thing I was wearing a jacket.  I went to the 2nd floor, because that is where the grocery is located.  

I walked around, "He-hey, watch out!"  I looked back and three people were going to run over me, "Ah!'  I let a small shout and we all fell down on the floor.  I rubbed my head, "He-hey, watch where you're going."

I got a little angry.  The one with brown hair laughed, "We're sorry, right Azusa?   Natsume?"  The other two nodded.  And I just noticed that they're triplets.   They helped eachother stand up, "We're very sorry for what happened.

But we were in a hurry, so bye!"  The one with black hair with a mature personality told me, the triplets ran away.  What an odd trio.   I heard a lady panting, "Little lady, have you seen three kids running around?"

She asked me.  She was a woman with short blonde hair, she was beautiful actually and she was holding a small child with light-blonde hair...  I mentally slapped myself and answered her question,

"Yes.  They all ran that way, going to the cosmetics."  I told her.  "Oh, thank you very much."  She smiled and she walk hurriedly to the cosmetics area.  

I sighed, Why do I get the feeling weird stuff happens when I'm outside the orphanage.    I continued walking around, and I saw some fresh salmon at the side, "Oh, little lady?  Would you like to buy some?

It's 20% off!"  He told me.  Hmmm, the price seems fair.   I guess we could make grilled salmon.  I bought some, I'm so excited to eat!!!   Then I went to vegetable area, the first thing I'm going to buy was potatoes,

I saw a fresh one and tried to get it but someone was also getting it, me and his hand stopped eachother from getting it.  It was a tall boy with brown hair.  He got shy, "A-ah!  Are you also getting that?"  He asked me.

I nodded, "But it's fine with me."  I said.  "Hm?  But you're a lady."  He scratched his head.  Am I making him blush?   I sighed, I gave him the potato.  "There's still plenty of them, you can have that."

I told him then I continued getting potatoes.  I went to the carrot stall and it was that guy again.  ( ̄~ ̄;)E-eh....    "Are you trying to follow me?  If you are, it's not working."  I told him.

"No-no, it's not that.  My mother is finding my other brothers, so I'm doing the grocery work."  He explained.  Mother?  Is she that?  Maybe... or is it..nevermind.   I bought some carrots and it looks like he was really 

following me.  I stopped, "What now?'  I was tapping my foot.  He then blushed, "I-i'm... okay.  Since you look like a person who cooks for their siblings or parents, can I follow you?  I don't really know how to cook..

and I don't know what ingredients that I should buy."  He blushed explaining it to me.  "Okay."  I understood him.  There were 4,189 yen left.  Yosssh!!  There's still more to go!   

I ordered some burger steak.  I've always wanted to taste hamburgers.  My eyes sparkled.  I paid for it, and it was 200 yen.  The boy behind my back stopped, "What might be the problem?"  I asked him.

"It seems that you've helped me, I think these are all good to go."  He told me.  Then I heard the woman's voice again, "Masaomi, are you done?"  She asked.  "Yes mom, she happened to help me."  He pointed at me

making me blush a little.  "Oh, it's you!  Thank you for helping us, now that I've found my children, and helping my son do my groceries for me."  She smiled.  Then they walked on their own, 

What a happy family....   I bought some ingredients and it was all enough.  I have some 1,989 yen left.  I walked back to the orphanage safely, I gave the groceries to Mrs. Sawako and I gave her back the change that I saved.

"You can keep it."  She closed my hand.  I was surprised, "Why?"  I asked.  She just smiled and walked away.  I was curious but I didn't keep thinking about it anyway.  It remained a mystery.  

CHAPTER END