Queen [0042]

Niklaus Mikaelson blinked away the tears that threatened to fall yet again

Niklaus Mikaelson blinked away the tears that threatened to fall yet again. His mind plagued with the image of Claire clenching the kitchen sink as she cried, cried because he had yet again failed her. It was rather sad how he could hurt her when he was miles away. But he didn't mean to. He never meant to hurt her, anyone but her.

Wiping away his tears, Nik looks around confused. The scene vanished before him and he wasn't in Salvatore's house but standing in front of a white door. With a puzzled expression, Niklaus furrowed his brows wondering what he was doing here. He was about to turn but stopped mid-way when he heard soft laughter coming from behind the door. A small giggle caused his heart to squeeze and his breath hitched. That giggle reminded him of Hope when she was a toddler, so he could only guess that his eldest daughter was giggling behind this door.

Facing the door once again, Niklaus' hand stretched forward and with a trembling hand, he slowly pushed the door open. It took everything in him to keep himself from falling, his eyes widen in disbelief, and his heart filled with happiness as he watched true love cuddled up with their son and daughter. The three of them were giggling and laughing, the room filled with love and pure joy. Honestly, there were no words to describe how beautiful and memorizing the scene was.

Five-year-old Lottie giggled again, her ocean eyes brighten with happiness as she stared at her mother and a big smile on her small chubby face, "and then what happened?" Seeing this small adorable girl, Niklaus recalls the time when he went through the Forbes' photo album and at this moment, his daughter looked so much like Claire when she was the same age.

Niklaus turned his attention to the woman on Lottie's right and for what seemed to be the thousandth time, Niklaus was blown away by Claire's beauty. However, his attention was stolen away by the small scoff that came from Claire's side. Looking to the left, Niklaus stared at his son, too shocked to speak.

Instantly his eyes were filled with heavy tears and he couldn't look away. Staring at his only son, he couldn't believe his eyes. This small version of Theo resembled his little brother Henrik. Although Theo's hair was a lighter shade of brown and his eyes were blue instead of brown, Theo looked like Henrik when he was around the same age.

Unfortunately, the beautiful feeling he felt was quickly washed away as Stefan jumped on the bed, causing the small family of three to laugh harder. "Papa Stefan," Lottie yelled, laughing as Stefan picked her up placing her on his lap.

As Stefan pulled Lottie into his arms, he looked down at her, and with a big smile, he answered her question. "Well your annoying father--"

"Ooo, papa Stefan said a bad word!" Lottie interrupted him with a smile.

Stefan looks at her with a playful confused expression, "no, I didn't."

"Yes you did," the twins spoke at the same time as they pointed at him.