Queen [007]

Claire understood why the acted the way he did

Claire understood why the acted the way he did. She wasn't going to justified their actions, but it was understandable. Hell, maybe she would too if she found out that her father was coming back to town with his family and daughter. She would be angry... Claire would furious. So if her children were going to throw a tantrum because their father was back in town then who was she to say it wasn't right?

But couldn't they handle it a little more mature? In a way that didn't scream that they were just like him?

Claire ran her hand through her hair, she sighed looking up at her children. "Look, I understand. Believe me, I do. But that doesn't mean you guys can go and made a huge scene and proclaim your undying hatred toward your father."

Lottie crossed her arms while glaring at the floor. Beau kept his face emotionless and Theo was leaning against the window with his arms crossed against his chest. "I respected your decision of not telling him and not wanting anything to do with him. I kept my word yet you guys did not."

When they didn't comment, Claire continue. "I said I wouldn't tell him anything. And you guys said that you wouldn't do anything cause trouble when- if he came back. Yet you did the exact opposite."

"Not only did you guys disrespected Hope and her family-" Lottie clicked her tongue at the mention of her half sister, clearly not liking her. "but as well as me, Alaric and this school. Your behavior today was ridiculous. Almost as ridiculous as your fathers--"

"Don't compare me to that bastard," Theo snapped but quickly regretted it when he saw his mother's eyes filled with sadness. He lowered his head in shame but he didn't take back his comment.

Lottie scoffed, "he's no father. He's just the guy who helped made us. That's it. That's all he's going to be to us. Nothing but a stranger."

Claire looked at her daughter, a sad and heartbroken expression appeared on her face. She never wanted her children to hate Niklaus. Ever since they were little kids, she would only tell them the good parts about their father. Like how he loved his family so much that he was willing to do anything to keep them safe. And how much he loved painting. How he was passionated and was willing to do anything to achieve his goals. And how much he had loved and cared for her. Although, Niklaus betrayed her, she just wanted her children to know that their father wasn't a bad guy.

But as they grew older, they started the hear the other parts about him. The parts that she didn't want them knowing. But the truth will never stay hidden. People would tell them about the Original Hybrid. The monster that killed without remorse. About the man that killed Elena's aunt just so that he can break his curse. About the man that forced Tyler to bit their aunt Caroline, letting her to almost die. Killing their grandmother.

But worse of all, about how their father had kidnapped Claire and made her travel with him and Stefan to searched for werewolves so he could make hybids. Also when they found out about the seven times she almost died because of his subborness and his recklessness. But what sealed the deal was when they found out that their father cheated on his mother and that he had a daughter with the girl he cheated with. And ever since then, they hated Niklaus and swore that if they ever met him, it'll be his last day on Eather.

"Look, I'm not saying that you guys have to talk to them. Be friends, make matching braclets, and sing kumbaya--" the boys smirked while Lottie snickered. "But I'm asking is that you guys at least try to get along. Just try to be nice. She deserves that much. Hope hasn't done anything to you guys. She's innocent in all of this. She isn't her father nor her mother. She is Hope. Treat her as if you guys would treat everyone else. I've taught you guys better."

Silence. "Can you guys at least try to be civil?" Claire asked, as Lottie and Beau looked at Theo while he was looking out the window.

The Mikaelsons were coming out of the school's main gate. They were having different questions running through their minds. It was obvious that Claire's children hated the Original Hybrid, something that wasn't so shocking. But it was almost questionable to how strongly they hated him.

"Leaving so soon?" a voice called out. It was familiar and when the Original family turned around they were shocked to see Claire's children coming towards them. Instantly, they were on guard. Niklaus, Elijah, and Kol went in front of the group something that made Lottie rolls her eyes.

Beau was on Lottie's left while Theo was on her right side. Just by watching the group you could feel their power rolling off their bodies. Just with a quick scan you knew they were a very dangerous trio.

"What do you want?" Niklaus asked, trying to figure out why they were here.

The trio didn't spare him a glance, they looked at Hope as she was hiding behind the three brothers. "Are you joining?" Lottie asked, cocking her head side ways as if she was sizing her opponent.

Hope backed up, feeling threaten by the three teenagers. Seeing his daughter scared, Niklaus glared at them. "Just because you're Claire's children don't think for a second I won't hurt you."

Beau arched his eyebrow at him looking mildly amused, Lottie snickered thinking that he was just like the stories described him to be 'reckless' while Theo kept his facial expression emotionless. Lottie held up her hand in mock surrender, "relax, old man. We're here to make peace."

The Mikaelson looked at them, not believing what she had just said. Lottie shrug her shoulders, "believe it or not. Doesn't matter to us."

She looks at Hope, her face turning serious all of a sudden. "You stay out of way, we stay out of yours. You see us walking down the halls, you turn around and walk the opposite."

"She doesn't take orders from anyone," Niklaus snapped, getting irrated on how these children were so cocky, as if everyone around them just did what they were told.

Lottie clicked her tongue at him while Beau scowled, not liking the way he was talking to his little sister. "How pathetic," his tone was filled with disgust.

The Mikaelson turned their attention to him but he was staring at Hope. "You can't always hide behind your family's name. Their name isn't going to protect you."

"Who would dare to harm us? This is our town." Kol cockily said.

"If appears that your under the impression that this town still belongs to you," Lottie said, a smirk appeared on her face. "There was a time when you guys did run this town," her smirk diappeared. he air around them grew denser as she locked eyes with Niklaus. "But your reign is over.""

"Do tell us who had the crown?" Elijah asked, narrowing his eyes at the trio. Something about them felt familiar.

Lottie turns to him, giving a quick glance before turning back to Hope. "Your first and only warning, stay out of our way."

And just like that, Lottie and her boys turned around making their way towards the school. However, half way Theo stopped and looked over his shoulder. His lip tugged upward in a wolfish smirk, his eyes glowing purple as they stared down at Hope. "Welcome to Salvatore Boarding School, little wolf."