Queen [008]

Today wasn't what she expected

Today wasn't what she expected. Claire wasn't expecting to wake up today, have to meet her ex-fiancee and his daughter, have her children behave just like him, have them practically threaten his daughter, but hey, life couldn't get any crazier.

It was late that day and Claire was still in her office sorting all of Hope Mikaelson's paperwork. Staring at the pages, Claire couldn't help but think how much things had changed throughout these years. She thought back to the very first day the Mikaelson's decided to show.

Claire, Bonnie, Elena, and Stefan sat in Alaric's classroom, waiting for the history teacher to show up and begin teaching. This was the first day Elena had been back in school since she was kidnapped by Rose and Trevor, and Claire was being her usual self by making sure that Elena was doing okay. Those who knew the young teenager, all knew that she was the mother hen from the scooby gang. This meant that she took care of everyone and made sure that there was enough love to go around. Claire hated that her friends and twin were in constant danger but what could she do? A mere human? So the only thing Claire could do was make sure that everyone was okay and if they needed someone to talk too without being judged then she made it her job to do so.

"So they just gave you their house?" Claire asked, amazed that the Salvatore brothers would do something so umm, not normal. The doppelgänger just had finished explaining to the eldest Forbes daughter about the Salvatore's lates development in the 'Elena Protection Plan'.

Elena nodded, "my own personal safe house," she replied with a slight smile.

Claire scrunched up her nose, "good thing you don't have to clean it," her body shook as she imagined how long it would take her, a human to clean that huge house all by herself. Bonnie and Elena looked at Claire before they laughed.

"Hello class," Alaric- who was really their enemy Klaus in disguise, spoke entering the classroom. All of a sudden, Alaric stopped and stared down at the blonde human. An overwhelmed feeling made his heart sir as he faced her. To him, she was a Goddess among the humans, unworthy of them.

Claire gave him her usual smile- a smile that left many falling in love with her. "Are you okay Mr. Saltzman?" even her voice was heavenly, Klaus thought. Shaking his head when he realized that he was staring at her for a while. "I-I'm okay," he smiled at her, yet Claire's smile fell turning into a frown. She knew Alaric and he was behaving different. But she couldn't question him in front of the others student, so she just nodded and kept her questions to her self. Claire decided that she would have to talk to him after class just to make sure he was alright.

When the bell rang, the students grabbed their things and headed towards the door. However, it was Claire who stayed behind letting her friends know that she was going to talk to Alaric about something. They didn't think nothing of it, Claire would stay for a few minutes after class to talk to Alaric and made sure if he was okay.