Queen [0015]

"I am telling you I do not care if I have to kill them or anyone who tries to stop me

"I am telling you I do not care if I have to kill them or anyone who tries to stop me. I WON'T THEM NEAR MY DAUGHTERS!" Claire's yells could be heard throughout her house as Alaric stayed quiet in the corner, looking out the window. A little fact about her home, before Claire had married Stefan, he surprised her and purchased the Lockwood's old mansion so that they can raise the twins together and be one big and happy family. Well, it only lasted about three years before Stefan died, leaving Claire with yet another house that reminded her of her old lover. And before Josie and Lizzie were born, Alaric moved in so that they can raise the children together.

On the other side of the phone, her twin sister Caroline sighed heavily. It was clear to say that Caroline was becoming annoyed that her sweet yet overly-protective twin wasn't listening to her, but then again what did she expect? Claire Forbe would protect those two little girls with everything she had, along with her other three children. She would kill for them, commit the most horrifying treason there is in order for her children to live another day. Claire was not a person to mess with especially when it came to her beloved kids.

Caroline took one long deep breath, reminding herself that Claire was being irritional because she was scared and that she didn't want Josie and Lizzy to be harmed. Caroline understood, she really did but this was something bigger than anything they've encountered. This might just be the very thing to save them and yet Claire wasn't corroborating. "Look dear sister, I know. Trust me, I do not like this anymore than you do. But this... this could be the answer we've been looking for. This might just be it. Think about it, Claire. How else would they know about them... about Theo and Lottie?" Caroline asked, pleading with her sister to see reason.

Claire clicked her tongue aggressively, "THEY'RE GEMINI WITCHES CAROLINE!!" Claire screamed out once again. "They can't be trusted! they'll just kill my babies," Claire's voice cracked at the end, tears were falling down her face, her entire body was shaking, and her fingernails were digging in her skin. This time Caroline didn't say anything, she kept quiet as she listened to her twin sister breaking down. It broke Caroline to hear her cry, Claire had been through so much, had given up so much - why couldn't she catch a break?

"Claire, listen to me," Caroline spoke softly, trying to calm her twin down. All Caroline wanted to do was to hold her twin in her arms, comfort her and tell her that everything will be okay...  Just like she had done when Klaus never showed up or returned any of Claire's calls and text messages. Or like when Claire found out that she wasn't going to make it through her pregnancy, that she would die if she gave birth to her twins. Or when she Caroline had to practially force Claire away from her dead husband's body... but deep down Caroline knew that it wasn't going to be okay. Things were never okay for her, but somehow Claire always survive -- almost dead but she survived. "I know you're scared. You're afraid and that's okay. It's okay to be scared, honey. It's okay but what else are we supposed to do? They're going to be 17 in a couple of months, four more years and they'll be 21. We're running out of time, Claire."

Claire wiped away her tears and turned to Alaric- and just like her he was a mess. They locked eyes, she could see all of the same fears and questions that were running through his head; they were the same as hers. Neither of them wanted this, they didn't want them to be near a coven that forced twins to merge together but if Caroline said that she 'trusted' this person.... this witch then so be it. Like she said, they were running out of time. They must act now before it's too late. "Fine," she forced herself to agree. "But listen to me clearly dear sister." Claire voice lowered, a threatening and dark tone appeared. "If this witch does something to my girls, I will end them. I will end their coven, every Gemini witch on this Earth. I will hunt them down and I'll make them all pay. I wil burn them, Caroline. I promise that I WILL BURN THEM ALIVE!" Claire eyes were still locked with Alaric, his eyes were telling her that he too would help with her promise. He too will hunt them down and make them pay for ever hurting his little girls. He too will get his revenge.

"Okay. We will be there in a few days. See you later, Claire. Alaric." Caroline voice trembled in fear. She hadn't gotten used to that Claire and she knew that she would never get used to it. That dark Claire started to show itself the moment that she realized that Klaus was never coming back. The moment that she found out that Hayle was pregnant and that Klaus was helping her raising their daughter. It was the moment that Claire's soul truly broke that Dark Claire appeared, trying to protect broken Claire.

Alaric slowly walked towards Claire and gently wrapped his arms around her fraigle body. He held her tighly as she did the same, his chin rested ontop of her head. She breathed in his scent, trying to find some comfort and peace. Her mind was spirling out of control and those dark, unwanted thoughts were coming back. She feared that this time they'll win and it'll never stop haunting her. "It's going to be okay, Blue. Whatever is coming, we'll face it together. Like we've always done. We'll face it together as a family. You and I. We'll protect our girls, our family." He gently rubbed her back, trying to calm her down. Trying to see the light in this situation, he just hopes that Caroline knows what she's doing. He's placing his trust on her, placing everything on her judgement, he just wish that he wasn't wrong.