Queen [0034]

As Theo scanned his mother's face for a reaction and the silence hung in the air like the suspended moment, he wondered what her response would be

As Theo scanned his mother's face for a reaction and the silence hung in the air like the suspended moment, he wondered what her response would be. Would she tell him not to worry, like usual? Or would she actually tell him what was happening? His mother never lied, though she never told the full truth, but she never lied. That wasn't her. And if she couldn't tell them the truth she would tell them not to worry, changed the subject, or she wouldn't comment on it. She had made it her mission to never lie to him, unlike a Original Hybrid he knows.

After killing the witch, Theo left his siblings and mindless found himself in front of his mother's office. Although he didn't want to be here, well not now anyways, he knew he needed to be here. He had to make sure that she was safe. This was his mother, for crying out loud. She meant the world to him and if anything, I mean anything were to happen to her. Well let's just say everyone was going to be buried along with her.

So he found himself siting in front of her while she was doing her work, though it was silence it was a comfortable silence. It wasn't the first him he was here, enjoying a peaceful moment in her office. Whenever he had free time and was away from his siblings, he was here with his mother. Captivated by her beauty and calm aura.

"What's wrong, my son?" she asked, Theo hadn't notice that she stopped working and now was staring at him with a concerned expression. It still amazed him that after all this time, after all of his killings, his rage, she would still look at him with those blue eyes filled with unconditional motherly love. There were many times he had wondered what would be left of him if his mother never loved him, never accepted him for him. Would be turn out to be just like Klaus? Or worse? Perhaps he was worse, despite having his mother with him, he was probably worse than Klaus.

With his father in mind, he couldn't help but say what was on his mind. "Am i like him?"

Instead of looking confused or taken back by his sudden question, Claire stared at him for a while before she smiled softly at him. She lend forward, holding his hand with one of her owns. "My sweet baby boy, you are much more."

Theo squeezed her hand and stared at her with love in his eyes. He felt at peace, he felt complete with just having her here with him. He felt as though nothing could touch him because his dear mother was by his side, shielding him with her love. He thought of what he did today, though it wasn't something out of the ordinary, but still he wondered what she would think of it.

As he thought of today, he then thought of the past few days. With the Mikaelson back in town, the new witch that tagged along with his aunt, the strange letters his mother was receiving, the odd killings, the witches trying to get his mother and lastly the secret that his mother and Ric were keeping. "What are you hiding," the words slipped out of his mouth and as expected, his mother just smiled, a tight-lip smile, and brushed away his question. "Don't worry about it, my love."

Theo didn't know he was angry until he heard those word from his mother. Unexpected he pushed away his mother's hand away and quickly stood up, the bark of his voice surprised them both. "Don't speak to me as if I'm a child," his face has become rigid, jaw clamped tight, teeth grinding. "I'm not an idiot, mother. You can hide things from everyone but not me. Anyone but me."

Theo knew he should reign it in, apologize before he made it worse, but he just didn't have it in him to stop. He was tired of all these secrets between her and Ric along with the other adults. He knew it was serious and it had to do with his mother. He had seen the look on Ric face whenever he looks at her, it was a look that didn't sit well with him. Ric was staring at her as if this was going to be the last time he'll ever see her, as if he was cherishing the small moments. It was killing him inside and he wanted to know. He HAD to know.

"Theo-" she stopped and closed her mouth. The look on her son's face was devastating. Standing in front of her wasn't the great Alpha he grew to be or a powerful tribrid, but her scared son. He had tears in eyes, body trembling, fist clenched. Claire stood up and walked around her desk, she made her way towards Theo but he shook his head and took a step backwards. His expression said it all, expressed all his hidden emotions. Funny enough, at this very moment, Theo resembles Niklaus even when he's emotional. "I don't care if the world goes to shits, I don't care how many people die or how many I have to kill, but if anything happens to you-" Theo choked, he couldn't even imagine what he'll do. No, he does but he doesn't want to imagine it because if he does then it means there's a possibility of it coming true. And the did declare war on a coven because they want his mother... dead or alive. As if he'll let that happen.

Suddenly he felt the familiar warmth of his mother around him. Theo blinked and he sees that his mother was in front of him, one arm wrapped around him while the other one holding the back of his head. Immediately, he wraps his arms around her tiny waist. Desperately trying to familiarize himself with her body, clinging to her love, a love only she can provide him. Remembering the witch's words, remembering that someone out there wants her, wants to separate him from his mother. His hold tightens and if she wasn't a vampire herself, she would have been crushed by his strength.

"Shh," she coos at him. "Mommy is here," she tries to reassure him. Claire doesn't know what happened to him today, but whatever it was affect him more than he'll admit. So it was her job to keep her baby calm and make sure that he knew she loves him and will do whatever it takes to bring him peace. "Tell me who it is and mother will take care of it."

After becoming a mother, Claire's became different. Before she didn't like any sort of violence which is strange because she was the mate of Nikalus Mikaelson; a man known to be violent. But after having her twins and becoming a vampire, Claire did anything to protect her babies. Whether it was harm or kill, she'll do it. She would eliminate any threat to her babies and she took pleasure in it. Her babies were her entire world and she'll be damned if she let anyone harm them in any way.

Hearing those words, Theo knew that if he told her what he had done today, what he declared she would be right by his side. It wasn't going to be the first time that they would fight side by side and it wasn't going to be the last. Taking in deep breath, he pulled back and stared back. His glossy eyes stared at her clear ones. And once again, he was taken back from all the love she held for him. Theo lowered his eyes briefly before looking up with his decision. Claire didn't speak, she waited patiently for her eldest son to continue. The words that came out of his mouth and the sheepish expression on his face, Claire didn't expected but nonetheless, it amused her to no end. Theo was after all, Niklaus' son. "I may or may not declare war on a coven of witches... again."