Queen [0047]

The murder happened days, maybe weeks ago and it was giving Claire headaches

The murder happened days, maybe weeks ago and it was giving Claire headaches. It wasn't just about the murders but also what came after it. The unnecessary stressful meetings, curfews, heavy observation on her students, and let's no forget more freakin bodies piling up one after another all while she somehow continues to get random/creepy love letters from someone unknown to her. Another mystery to add to her piling of things to do. And on top of that, she's planing her twin's birthday party. . . the same one Damon suggested to do and he's not going to be here for it. Gosh, she was about to explode.

Claire threw the papers on her desk, rubbing her temples as she closed her eyes. This damn paperwork wasn't helping her existing headache, perhaps she should take a nap. She looks at the pile of papers, "a nap sounds good about now." Claire shook her head. Sadly she couldn't take a nap. After letting Theo collect Stefan's clothes, she took an hour-long nap with holding Stefan's old jacket.

"You look stress," Noah's voice distracted her from her thoughts.

Claire scoffed, "nothing I can't handle."

Noah's gaze shifted away from her papers to her before plopped down in the chair, his intense gaze fixed on her. "I'm sure you can handle it, but that doesn't mean you need to do it all alone."

Claire didn't respond, her eyes wandering over his face. Noah sighed and leaned back: "don't you have some sort of, I don't know, secretary to do this crap for you?" he asked, arching his brow down towards her work.

"They'll mess it up," she casually said, reorganizing her papers.

"Seems as if you tried it."

"Once."

Noah's lip twitched at her replies, though he didn't mention anything. He stayed quiet as his eyes continued to watch her work. He notices something that caused him to frown, "you've been crying."

She stopped midway, arching her brow at him: "what? Is it illegal for me to cry?"

Noah shrugged, pretending he didn't care but his eyes ran over her face again and again, "didn't think you could."

Claire scoffed and this time she gave him her full attention. "I may be a vampire, but I'm not heartless."

"I beg a differ."

Claire waited for him to continue, his gaze becoming intense once again. "You're going to leave your children motherless for some kids who aren't even yours." With his words, Claire felt her body tense and her face set in anger.

Though Claire's eyes were warning him, he kept going. "I think that's pretty heartless, don't you think?"

She replied with nothing so Noah continued without hesitating, "are you willing to die for two girls that aren't really yours and leave your actual children all alone?"

Claire's penetrating gaze prowled over his face and pounced on his eyes. Her silence was worse than her anger, it spoke volumes. Claire finally broke the suspenseful silence, the corner of her lips curved upwards and spoke in a terse tone: "Mr. Fischer, my personal decisions are--"

Noah's eyes were open and honest as if he wanted to tell her something important: "I understand that it's your choice, Claire. However, it's my personal decision to help you understand that your sacrifice may be noble and out of good heart, but it has a bigger consequence than you believe."

When she continued to stare at him blankly, he shook his head: "your son, Claire is more powerful than you'll ever know. It's been said--"

Claire cut him off, her tone and eyes more furious than a lioness: "I know what my son is capable of, Mr. Fischer. I've seen him when loses control."

Noah laughed as if she had just said the most hilarious thing ever. "That was nothing. When he unleashes his powers, many will come after him. He'll be a mons--"

"Shut up," she ordered him. The expression on the mother's face was truly frightening.

Without fear, he stared at Claire in her eyes: "or what?", he challenged. "You may be leader of this town, but you're not that strong. There's many that are stronger than you. More powerful than you, Claire and it'll easy for them to stop you. It'll be easy to overthrow up and all the hard work and sacrifices you made for your family, friends, and this town. I'm sorry to say this, but compare to the others, you're nothing but a mere vampire."

That thought made her chest clench so tight, she almost stopped functioning. She knew she wasn't strong, that she was justs a simple average vampire. But she was was different from the others, she had a bigger reason to kept fighting. "You're wrong."

Noah stared at her, confused. Her eyes sparkled with angry too deep to be mere offense: "I am not just a vampire. I am a mother, Mr. Fischer and you shouldn't test a mother and how far she's willing to go for her children. And I am a mother of five amazing, talented and brillant children. I will burn this world to the ground if I have to, if that keep my children safe."

He continue to stare at her in admiration, she was truly unbelievable. Perhaps it was one of the many reasons Stefan and Klaus fell in love with her. Noah understand that a mother's love was unconditional and he better than anyone, knew exactly how far a mother would go for her children- he watched his own mother crave out her own heart for him to live. And here she was, willing to go against anyone for that sake of her children- whether they were blood or not.

"Claire," he spoke softly, changing the subject. "Someone is coming to get you and they won't stop at nothing to have you in their arms. The more you delay with this, the harder for you to stop him. He's insane, Claire and you ignoring him is only making him want you more. If anyone tries to stop him, he won't stop and talk, but rather stick with killing them. He'll even kill your children--"

The hostility in her voice and expression was unnerving, "don't think I won't kill you, Noah."

For a moment he gaze at her, knowing her words weren't empty promises. He had seen her fighting skills and was impressed by it, but he needed to say this or else she wouldn't be ready.

Noah took a small breath and changed his expression, one of understanding. "I know you're in a rough place right now, Claire. I know you don't want to die and leave your babies behind. But there's someone out to get you. Perhaps the merge needs to h--"

Suddenly Noah found himself pressed against the wall as Claire's hand around his neck, choking him into silence. He watch, sorrow and then fury filling her: "no one will take me from my children. no one will touch my children. the merge won't happen. My daughters will live as themselves. My children will move on after my death, they'll understand of my reasons. And my son," she squeezed his throat tighter, growling at him: "will not be like his father."

Noah fell to the ground, holding his throat as he desperatedly tried to breath in air. Claire loooked down at him, "I suggest you watch your mouth next time, Mr. Fischer. I won't hesitate to kill you."

She turned around, "leave my office."

He sat there stunned, speechless for a few seconds before picking himself up and left in a hurry. Noah should have known better than to piss her off. He had forgotten how badly Hayley ended up after Claire beat the hell out of her.

Claire kept her eyes glued to the door, her blue eyes swimming with fear and dread. She drew a shaky breath and let it out: "fuck."