Queen [0050]

Two days later, the kids were seen in the library for more digging into the earlier disappearances and killings now that they discovered how it was being done

Two days later, the kids were seen in the library for more digging into the earlier disappearances and killings now that they discovered how it was being done. Claire and the adults were busy with the council and more "adult" stuff which left the teens to do the boring things . . . such as spending their time in the library.

"This is boring," Lizzie complained, throwing her head backward.

Her twin rolled her eyes, "you wanted to help."

"Yeah with the hunt. Not the boring stuff," Lizzie glared, annoyed with her twin. Turning to her second older brother, she asked: "why must we do this?"

Without glancing at his little sister, "researching is important. Without knowing anything about your opponent you could easily get beaten." Beau's tone was kind, even understanding yet it annoyed Lizzie further.

"For example," he glanced up and his lips twisted into a sardonic smile, "Hayley wasn't aware that mother could fight which lead her to have broken bones and almost died. If she had done her research beforehand, she would have known that mother hasn't lost a fight for many years now."

Lizzie felt better now, she gave him a nod of understanding. "Sure don't want to end up like her."

Beau smiled with warm eyes and caressed the top of her head before turning back to his book, out of nowhere they heard Landon's voice of awed: "I kept forgetting that this library is enchanted," he said with sparkly eyes, admiring the room once more for the hundred times.

Turning back, they watched Lottie walking next to him as he carried a collection of books. "You know that you say that every single time?" she asked, a small smile on her beautiful pale face.

A smile worked its way across his face and into his eyes as he glanced down at the young hybrid: "well what can I say? I'm a man of simple pleasure." His gaze softened when she laughed, he continued to walk with her but this time his smile was one of joy and satisfaction.

Landon's brother, Rafael rolled his eyes. "Simp," he scoffed playfully right as Landon glared at him.

Beau shook his head, everyone knew of the teen boy's feeling for the youngest Forbes and everyone knew that she didn't feel the same. . . well, she didn't show that she felt anything for him nor anyone else. However, he did notice that her eyes would intentionally or unintentionally linger on Noel a little longer than others. Beau knew his sister and he knew she could take care of herself, and this wasn't something he needed to be worried about.

"What are we searching for again?" Landon asked, dropping the books on the table and taking a seat next to Lottie.

Lizzie shrugged, resting her chin on the books: "don't ask me. Still don't know why I'm here."

Josie sighed, "for the fifth time, Lizzie we're here to find-" she went on explaining to her twin and the others of the spell they were searching for and why it was important.