Queen [0016]

It's been a couple of days since Niklaus has seen Claire or his children

It's been a couple of days since Niklaus has seen Claire or his children. It seems that they've been avoiding him.... and his daughter Hope. His daughter has informed him that Claire hasn't be around the school and his twin along with Beau have been hard cored ignoring her. Niklaus felt hurt that his other children didn't want to get along with his daughter. He understood, don't get him wrong he understood - he would have done the same thing or perhaps he would have committed murder instead of ignoring and avoiding, but still he understood. In a way he's happy that his daughter and son didn't get his urge to murder whenever things didn't go his way. He's so damn happy and proud that they gotten Claire's rational side instead of his kill-everything side.

Niklaus was walking down memory lane in the woods when he studdenly appeared at the Lockwood's Mansion. A small smile appeared on his face when his mind went back to all those memories he had in this place but it quickly went away when he remember that this was the place where he and Claire had meet Haley. He got angry at himself for ruining his own mood, he was about to turn away and leave but then something more like someone caught his eye. Towards his right side, he saw Alaric's daughters.. Josie and Lizzie standing a few feet away from him. Josie was looking at him with curiousty while Lizzie was giving him a accusing look.

Lizzie held Josie back when she tried to walk towards him, Niklaus frown at that. He wasn't going to hurt them, they were Claire's daughter as well. He would never try to harm anything or anyone she cared and loved. He wasn't that person anyone. "What are you doing here?" Lizzie questioned, her eyes never leaving him. She was being cautious about him, something that didn't sit well with him. He didn't want them to be cautious around him, he didn't want them to fear him, he wasn't going to hurt them.

"I was just passing through," he said, his voice didn't betray his real emotions or anything else. Niklaus had decided to pretend that her cold attitude towards him didn't affect him, although he wanted them to trust him, he wasn't going to let his facade drop. The expression that Lizzie was giving him reminded him of the many times that Alaric would give Damon whenever he didn't believe his once vampire best friend. A chuckle escaped Niklaus lips, he looked at her with a smirk, "you look like Alaric with that look, love." Lizzie glared at him making his smirk grow. Before Lizzie could snap at him, Josie held her twin back and softly whispered to her. "Calm down, Lizzie. He won't hurt us." Josie said, in which surprised Niklaus. He would have thought that she would have a negative emotions towards him just like the rest of her family, something that he wouldn't hold her against.

Lizzie rolled her eyes at her twin, "just because he was once engaged to mother doesn't make him good. Just remember all the pain he had caused her. He's not the good guy, Josie. Stefan was." Niklaus' eye twitched and he felt something in him snap but he held back... he had to forced himself to not run over there and ripp her head off. 'She's Claire's daughter. She's daughter,' he mental told himself, reminding him why he shouldn't kill her.

"Elizabeth," Josie scold her sister. She knew that her sister crossed a line. From Niklaus' expression that was mixed of hate, saddness, and pain Josie knew that her words had done what she wanted and it caused Josie to be disappointed at her twin. Their parents didn't raise them to be disrespectful to someone who hadn't harm them... abeit he did hurt their mother, father, aunts, uncles.... well basically everyone here in Mystic Fall... but not them. Josie wanted to give him the benfit of the doubt, she likes his daughter; perhaps he wasn't that bad as the stories say he is.

Lizzie scoffed and pulled her arm away from her twin's gasp. She glared at Niklaus, "I've heard what you did to my mother. And let's just say I'm not a big fan... well to be honest, no one really is. But anways, stay away from my mother or we're going to have some problems." Once Lizzie made her threat, she walked away from them, knowing that he wasn't going to harm her or her sister and besides if he so much thought of doing anything to them; the protective-shield that Lottie and Theo had created would instantly kill, well in his case, seriously harm him.

Watching her twin leave, Josie sighed heavily. She turned to Niklaus and gave him a sad smile. "I apologize." This made Niklaus raise his eyebrow in confusion. Why was she apologizing? "I'm sorry about her and about the twins and Beau. They're just very protective when it comes to our mother. I'm sure you understand." And he did, he did understand... he truly did but that didn't mean it hurt less. "She's wrong," Josie said, once again making Niklaus confused. "Stefan wasn't only the good guy that had mother's heart." and with that Josie gave him one last soft smile before walking away from the Original Hybrid.

Niklaus watched her leave, his mind was going 100 mph making it difficult for him to think properly. He didn't want to get his hopes up but the look on Josie's face was telling him otherwise or perhaps it was only him. Perhaps he was just fooling himself into seeing things that weren't there. Taking a deep breath, he was about to turn around but his ocean eye caught something that made his entire body freeze and his heart race. His head quickly turned to the three window on the second floor of the mansion but once his eyes landed on it there was nothing there. He thought that he saw someone standing there... someone who had blonde hair. Niklaus growl to himself, his eyes were playing tricks on him. Claire wasn't standing there watching from the window... right?