Queen [002]

The one thing Claire enjoyed about being a Headmistress was the fact that if she wanted to be on her computer all day without having to be questioned then so could gladly do so

The one thing Claire enjoyed about being a Headmistress was the fact that if she wanted to be on her computer all day without having to be questioned then so could gladly do so. However, one thing that she didn't enjoy was all the paperwork that came along with it. Don't get her wrong, she loves her job and the sole purpose of it all, but let's be honest-- who likes doing any sort of paperwork?

While Claire was doing her paperwork, she got a phone call from an unknown number. Thinking nothing of it, she answered with her professional tone. "Hello, Salvatore Boarding School for the Young and Gifted, this is Claire Forbes speaking."

It was a small pause before a familiar voice spoke, "Claire. Hey, it's me, Freya. You remember from earlier."

"Hello, Freya. How are you?" Claire asked, finding a good excuse to completely ignore her work.

"I'm good, thank you. And I do hope you're well. Um, the reason for this phone call is to inform you that I just had a chat with my family about your offer to see the school this week and we were wondering if we could be there on Thursday. The sooner the better, right?" While she was talking, Claire notices that there was a lot of shuffling and voice in the background but it was to quiet for her to hear anything proper.

"That's correct, Freya. The sooner the better. If I'm correct, this is for your niece?" Claire asked, taking out her schedule notebook as Freya confirmed her comment. "Alrighty. For us to continue, I must speak with one of her parents on the phone."

Freya sounds as if she was panicking, there were a lot of low whispering on her end before she coughs making the whispers die down. "Yes, my niece. Um, Hope and her parents are currently out but I'm also her guardian and her parents did agree to do this. I'm not kidnapping her and putting her in a school just to get rid of her."

There was a pause. Claire couldn't hold it in any longer, she laughed. "Oh, dear Freya aren't you just precious."

"Haha, yeah." Freya chuckle awkardly, there was a soft groan and a hiss from her side.

When Claire stopped laughing, she cleared her throat. "I do apologize for laughing but you did sound a little suspicious dear Freya."

Freya groans, "that was not my intention."

Claire chuckles, "it's alright, love."

There was a loud inhale, as if someone took a deep breathe, followed by complete silence.

Feeling a little awkward that Freya wasn't responding, Claire cleared her throat. "Um. Well, I am going to need at least one of her parents to be present for viewing the school. We're going to be discussing some important things about the school and about Hope herself."

"Oh," Freya's tone was a little disappointing. "We were hoping to have a private viewing.... my whole family wants to see the school."

"The whole family?" Claire asked.