Queen [0029]

"Nik, I don't want to say 'till death do us part,'" Niklaus looks at her with soft eyes, he gently pushes some of her hair behind her right ear

"Nik, I don't want to say 'till death do us part,'" Niklaus looks at her with soft eyes, he gently pushes some of her hair behind her right ear. "And why is that love?" he asked, trying to hold back a smile but it was fruitless. Whenever he was with Claire, Niklaus Mikaelson found himself always smiling and in a good mood. Claire looks at him and smiles- that particular smile that had melted Niklaus' cold heart.

Claire moved so that she could wrap her legs around her fiancee's hips, then her arms wrapped around his neck bringing him closer to her. "'Cause," her breath mingled with his. "If I had a thousand lifetime I'd want them all to be with you." Niklaus' smile fell, his ocean blue eyes stared intensely at her crystal blue ones. "Isn't that what soul-mates should share? Love that lives on past these mortal bones?"

The next thing Claire knew, Niklaus had slammed his lips to hers and nearly knocked all wind from her lungs. She hardly had a moment to react before he pressed his tongue to the seam of her lips, and at her grant of access, delved inside her mouth. When they broke apart, she rested her forehead against his and breathlessly whispered a soft "I love you." The way he looked at her, the way his eyes shines so bright, and the way he smiles at her had told her everything she needed to know. She knew that the big bad wolf loves her back, perhaps just as much or even more than she does. Whatever it was, they were in love and were going to get married. Nothing could possibly go wrong, right?

 Nothing could possibly go wrong, right?

And she walked. Claire walked as her hair fluttered in the air, her clothes clung to her body, arms tightly wrapped around her. She felt the cold wind stroking her skin, wanting to rip her clothes off her as if she were its enemy. As a few teardrops appeared in the corner of her eyes, the woman continues walking, not stopping for anything. Claire had to stop thinking, stopped thinking of him, the man who broke her when she had more important things to tend too.

"What are you doing here?" a voice asked, calling behind Claire. Realizing who it was, she paused and closed her eyes, taking a deep breath of dewy air. Raising her hand to wipe away those pesky tears, she turned around. Face wiped clean as if a screen had been pulled down to hide her emotions. Facing her once good friend, Kol Mikaelson, Claire puts on a fake smile to hide her pain. The reasons she does this is so no one would worry about her, she believed it was her job as a friend and mother to worry about everyone else, make sure that everyone was taken care of. "What? Can't a girl go for a walk?"