Queen [0012]

"Holding a grudge doesn't make you strong, it makes you bitter. Forgiving doesn't make you weak, it sets you free."

Nights like these made Claire realize how lucky she truly was

Nights like these made Claire realize how lucky she truly was. The night was calm, peaceful there was nothing out trying to kill them or trying to destroy their happiness. Claire was at the Grill with Alaric and their kids (Theo, Beau, Lottie, Josie, and Lizzie) having a normal, decent family dinner night. The vibe at the Grill was joyful and peaceful. Everyone was happy, laughter were heard all around the place, soft music was playing. Claire and the girls were laughing at a bad dad joke that Alaric had said and the boys rolled their eyes at him. Beau commented that Alaric should keep his jokes to himself. Lizzie and Josie threw fries at their father while Lottie took a picture at this happy moment. "Are you really going to let them bully me like this, Blue?" Alaric pointed at the girls, as they continue to threw their fries at him while Claire rolled her eyes at him. "Don't pout, you look ulgy." Claire smirked at him, which earned some 'ooo' from the kids.

Theo looked at his mother his blue eyes sparkled with mischief, "c'mon mum, you shouldn't tell lies. Ric doesn't look ulgy when he pouts," Alaric nods and wraps his arms around Theo's shoulders. "See this is why you're my favorite." Alaric said smiling at him yet his smile flatters when he sees Theo and Beau looking at each other and winked before they turned to Alaric as he was staring at them suspiciously. Theo's smirk grew into a teasing smile, "he looks ugly even when he doesn't pout ." Alaric fake gaps but then brings in Theo closer and brings to rub his knuckles on Theo's head -- messing up his hair. The girls and Beau were laughing at Theo and Alaric's ridiculous display of affection.

Suddenly, the liveliness of the place went away and a dark, tense vibe filled the air. Alaric and Theo pulled away, furrowing their brows as everyone turned to stare at the Grill's entrance. Alaric and Claire both turned to each other, both alert as they see the Mikaelson brothers enter.

Niklaus followed Claire's scent over to the Grill. He wasn't going to leave her alone until he finds out the truth... even if it means he had to threaten her. Niklaus entered the place along with his brothers right behind. For a second, his mind went back to the days where he and Claire would have their dates here. This place was her favorite to grabs a quick bite, especially after they just escaped death. He scans the entire place, looking for a particular blonde. When he finds her, his jaw clenched and his fist tightens; she was with her children and Alaric. They looked like the perfect happy family. His mood soured even more as he saw that Alaric and Theo, his son, were laughing and having a father-and-son moment.

"Well. Well, isn't this just lovely." Niklaus slowly made his way towards the happy family. His ocean blue eyes looked at his two children, and quickly scolded himself for not seeing the samiliarities between them three. Theo looked a lot like him whereas Lottie took after her mother's beauty yet had the same ocean blue eyes like his. Niklaus and his brothers stopped walking when Alaric stood up and walked in front of the table. His eyes looking between the three Originals. "How can I help you gentlemen?" he asked, crossing his arms in front of him.