Chapter Three: Run Away

Wooyoung POV

"Just go around and ask a few people about the treasure of Aninliggat. If you find out anything then tell me please.", Hongjoong says. Who should I talk to? I look around a see a woman staring at us. I unbutton my shirt a little bit further and smile at her. She smiles back and signals me to come over. Well nobody said anything about not having a little bit of fun while asking for the treasure. Plus I have been kind of tense and sleeping bad the last days, so why not do a little bit of flirting and de-stress for a while? "Hey, I am Wooyoung. I saw that you were looking at us."
"Good evening. Yes you are an interesting group.", she says with a smile.
"Don't you want to tell me your name?", I ask.
"Why? It's not like we're going to see each other again after today."
"I would still like to get to know you but if you really don't want to tell me then that's fine."
"So where are you from?", she asks. "Ehm... I'm... from an island that's ehh... not far from here. Ehh.. I don't think you would know the name of it. Yeah, and you?", I lie. That was very unconvincing. I hope she doesn't ask about it further. "I'm from the Nekra Kingdom. You look quite pale for someone from here."
I freeze and feel a shiver run down my spine at the mention of this name.
She didn't recognize us did she?

1 month earlier
I wake up early from a nightmare again. Careful to not wake up the other valets, I sneak to the window. The sky is as dark as ever. Only the very faint red glow of the sun announces the beginning of another day. Hopefully I will soon see it in it's full glory. Maybe I will see something else than the blood red soil, the dark brown grass, purple water and black leafless trees of the Nekra Kingdom then. My heart pounds fast as I think about what could lie beyond these dark islands.
But enough daydreaming, time to bring these dreams to reality.

I get ready and eat my breakfast. After that it is time to wake up Yeosang.
I cautiously enter the room then sprint towards the bed and jump on it. Yeosang slightly opens his eyes but closes then immediately again. I put my arms around him and shake his body back and forth. "Rise and shine your majesty!"
"Just a few more minutes...", Yeosang mumbles.
"Sorry but I am not keen on loosing any fingers on my last day here." I give him a kiss on the forehead and walk to the window and open it to bring some fresh air into room. Yeosang sits up straight and looks at me with a grumpy face. "Don't kiss me!", he protest. I climb back onto the bed, making a kissy face and kissing noises while I get closer and closer to his face. "Ahhh, stay away."
Yeosang pushes me away and gets out of bed. I giggle. Oh how I love to tease him.

While he washes himself, I organize his clothes for the day. Then I help him get dressed and do his hair. Meanwhile we talk about our plan.
"So let's go over the plan again. You're going to wait until everyone starts dancing and then excuse yourself from the party to go to the toilet. I am going to keep an eye on you and when I see you leave, I will come up with some excuse to leave and go to the servant bedrooms where you are going to meet me. If I'm not there and don't arrive within 10 minutes, then I probably failed to get away from the party and we are going to try it again later in the evening. When we're in my bedroom you're going to put on my uniform and we will leave through the trapdoor in the wine cellar. At last we are going to the harbor and sneak onto one of the guest's boats. Is everything clear?", I say.
"One question... Where are the servant's bedrooms?"
I explain Yeosang the way from the ballroom to my bedroom before he has to go to his lessons.
While Yeosang is away I have to help the others with the party preparations. Time goes by quickly while I am working. Of course it wouldn't be a normal work day without getting screamed at by either my older co-workers or the king himself. I really can't wait to get out of here. The faint red glow of the sun starts to dim and it is getting even darker than it already is. I eat a small meal with the other servants and change into my uniform for formal events before I have to get Yeosang ready for the party. I help him into the clothes I picked out for him this morning, help him pick out his accessories, style his hair and finish everything off with a little bit of perfume. "Don't forget about the plan.", I say before we separate again. I have to serve at the party so I go to the kitchen to get a tray with snacks. Me and the other servants wait at the side of the room while the king holds his speech. Then Yeosang has the honor to start the first dance and it is time for me to serve everyone. I go from group to group asking them if they want something to eat. While I'm serving I notice a woman who is conversing with the queen has lost her ring. I pick it up while I am still balancing the snacks. "Ma'am I think you have lost this. May I put it back on your finger?"
"Oh yes. Thank you.", the older lady says. I put the ring back on her hand and go back to serving. "What a handsome and charming servant. You have to be careful with him otherwise he might steal the girls away from your son.", I hear her say as I walk away. I also make sure to keep an eye on Yeosang so I don't miss it when he leaves.