Chapter Forty Five: Hide and Rest

Yunho POV
We sneak around the corner and look out for any soldiers.
"We lost them, search the rooms!", I hear someone shout in the distance.
"Where are we going?", San asks.
"I am searching for the stairs. I think the bedrooms might be on the second floor.", Hongjoong answers.
Hopefully it is not too far. I feel pretty miserable. My shoulder is hurting, I am sweating and feel dizzy and weak.
San has his arm around my waist to support me even though he is hurt himself. The woman that we met looks around nervously while we make our way through the castle.
We find a staircase that leads upstairs.
Two guards stand directly in front of it.
"We need to distract them.", I whisper. In this moment a soldier comes around the corner.
"Intruders!", he screams which also alerts the guards at the stairs. We run through the castle, sometimes barely dodging soldiers who are trying to stop us and othertimes fighting our way free, until we reach the staircase again. At the top of it wait two more soldiers who try to block our way. After a short fight we are able to get past them but alert even more soldiers additionally to the soldiers from downstairs. We run through the corridor when suddenly a door next to us opens. It's Yeosang! He knocks out the soldiers next to his door and joins us.
"I am so glad to see you!", he exclaims. He takes a quick glance at Marsola.
"Who is that?"
Before anyone can answer, a loud screams comes from a few corridors away.
"WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?!"
It sounds like we woke up Yeosang's father. Yeosang motions us to follow him. I feel like I am about to pass out but I can't stop now if I want to stay alive. We run back to the stairs into the arms of a bunch of soldiers.
"Move out of the way!", Yeosang shouts.
Funnily enough, they instinctively do what he says. We run past them down the stairs.
"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! PRINCE YEOSANG IS A TRAITOR! DON'T FOLLOW HIS ORDERS!!!", someone screams from upstairs.

From the stairs Yeosang leads us a completely different way to where we came from. A bunch of soldiers gather together to block our way. Yeosang tells us to move back and turn left.
After a few turns, we run down some small stairs and get to a hallway. A bunch of servants are hanging around here and some of them get pushed to the side by us.
"Sorry, we need to get through!", Yeosang shouts.
"STOP THEM!", someone shouts a few seconds later from the end of the corridor. But by that time we have already entered a bedroom. Someone left a window open. We quickly climb through it. There is no time for a pause. We take each other by the hand and walk through the pitch black night.
"Yunho are you okay? Your hands are really cold.", Yeosang asks.
"No, I am not. I feel like I am about to faint and my shoulder hurts really bad."
"We're almost free. Stay strong for just a bit longer."
After walking for a few minutes, we apparently reach a fence. Yeosang starts climbing over it.
"Be careful! It has sharp spear-like ornaments at the top.", Yeosang warns us.
He doesn't climb down the other side and instead waits for me. Hongjoong and San help me up and Yeosang grabs me once I reach the top. With their help I make it over the top. Yeosang then climbs down, grabs me from behind and makes sure I safely make it to the ground without making my injury worse. The others follow quickly.
"We need to meet up with the others now. Since they are going back to the prison they might need help. Marsola where is that house that you mentioned?", Hongjoong asks.
"Wait the others are going back into the prison?", Yeosang asks confused.
"They are saving Wooyoung.", San explains.
We grab each other by the hand and Marsola leads us to the house while San explains what happened after he gaves us his brooch.

We reach the building. It's sort of in the middle of nowhere but I can see the light from the barracks not too far away. The door is open and there are voices coming from the inside. As we get closer I see our friends surrounded by a lot of soldiers and the doctor who was taking care of my wound at the door. Yeosang immediately storms inside.
"STOP!", he screams while we catch up to him. Everyone looks at him confused before the soldiers start bowing to him. Jongho, Wooyoung, Seonghwa and Mingi use this moment to get away and hide behind us. Jongho's arm seems to still hurt and Seonghwa is limping.
"Prince Yeosang, I heard you are a traitor. I expected nothing less. The way you kept crying every time somebody got hurt and were trying to look away or flee when I was teaching you something, made it very clear that you are a weakling. I shouldn't even call you prince. You are never going to become king if you keep being such a scaredy-cat. You can't even cut someone's finger off. That valet made you so weak.
And then you ran away! Like a coward! At least you came back as a little bit more of a man. I was happy to hear that I have the honor to torture the man that made fed you these lies and made you soft. Don't think that you can run away again, I won't let you escape!", the doctor utters. Meanwhile Yeosang motions us to slowly walk backwards out the door.
Except for him we are already a few steps away from the house once the man stops his monolog.
"Yeah, I don't care what you have to say. So, uhm, bye.", Yeosang says.