Chapter Twenty Two: Nervous

Seonghwa POV
It is weird to have someone new on board. I look at Haneul who shyly hides behind her brother. Her hair is very long but it also looks very dry and damaged. Maybe I could ask her if I should cut her hair? Or would that be weird to ask? I don't want to be disrespectful or scare her. Especially since she has been treated badly by men her whole life.
"Ah, eh, do you like our ship?", I ask her.
"Yeah, it's very nice..."
"You are very pretty by the way."
Wait, this might come off as flirting, maybe I should have said something else.
San is looking at me a bit sternly.
"Thanks!"
She hides a bit further behind her brother.
"Ehh, I meant it as compliment, I was trying to be polite. I am sorry.", I stutter.
"It's okay. I knew you were just trying to be nice but..."
"Watch out!!", San shouts and pushes me to the side.
An orange flies through the air and lands next to San and Haneul.
"Sorry, I am kind of bad at juggling.", Mingi says.
"Where did you get these anyway?", I ask.
"I found them hidden in the sand earlier.", Yunho replies.
Now I feel embarrassed. Their reaction wasn't because they thought I was flirting. It was because they were concerned that they would get an orange thrown at their head.
Why am I so awkward right now? The last time I was this awkward was when I joined the crew.

"I... I cut your brother's hair this morning, do you like it?", I mention.
"Yes, it looks nice."
"You could cut Haneul's hair too.", San suggests.
"Sure. If you want to?"
"Oh, yes. I could use a haircut."
Wooyoung comes running towards us.
"Hey, do you guys want to play cards with us?", he asks.
"Sure. But Seonghwa wanted to cut my hair first.", San's sister says.
"Ah, okay. Then we are going to play a round without you."
We go down into the bathroom while the others except for Hongjoong go to the kitchen.
"How much should I cut?", I ask.
"I don't know. Just cut it how you like."
I begin cutting her hair. We talk a little bit about the ship and the crew.
"Where did you learn to cut hair?", Haneul asks.
"From my mom. She owns a beauty salon. I also often cut my... ex-fiancée's hair."
"Why EX-fiancée?"
"... She... died a few months ago."
"Oh, I am sorry."
While I finish up Haneul's haircut I think back to when I cut Rosalie's hair for the first time.

3 years ago
"Sit down.", I say.
"I am still not sure if I can trust you. Maybe I should go to your mom's salon instead."
"Trust me. I cut my mom's and my friend's hair before. Actually mom wanted me to learn it, so I can cut her hair."
"Why didn't she ask your dad?"
"He is bad at it."
We giggle.
"Okay, I trust you."
"How short do you want it? As short as my hair? Shorter?", I joke.
She pushes me away.
"Eww, noooo! Just a little bit, you know."
"Okay, so like to chin?"
"Ahh, noo. If you don't take it serious I won't let you cut it."
She stands up but I push her back onto the chair.
"I'm just kidding. So just the ends, right?"
"Yes. And my bangs need to be trimmed too."
I start cutting away the ends of her hair then I cut the front her hair.
"Ah, what are you doing. I thought you were just going to trim my bangs."
"I'm just trying to frame your beautiful face.", I say and kiss her cheek.
Rosalie blushes a bit.
"I am done. Do you like it?"
"Wow, thank you, darling. My hair has never looked this pretty."
She hugs me and we kiss before she turns back to the mirror to admire herself. Then she looks at me.
"Hey, you know what? I think you would really suit longer hair too."
I laugh.
"No, I am serious. You should grow your hair out."
I look into the mirror and try to imagine it. I guess I could try it and if I don't like it I can just cut my hair short again.

Now
I actually ended up growing out my hair and now it's past my shoulders. Although I like to put it up into a bun or ponytail. Sometimes when I look at it the memories of that day come back into my mind.
"I'm done.", I say.
"Wow, thank you so much. It looks incredible."
Haneul smiles content.
"Let's play cards with the others now.", she adds.
"Yes, I will just quickly clean up here but you can already go into kitchen."
"Okay."
I start with cleaning the floor but somehow I end up cleaning the whole bathroom. I join the others in the next round.