Chapter Forty Two: Trying To Escape

Hongjoong POV
We jog along the edge of the island. Yunho spots a chest, in which he finds a book. But before we can open it and see what it's about, Jongho points something out.
"There are soldiers running towards our ship."
"Really?!", I exclaim.
We sneak forward, hiding between the trees and take a look at what is going on. The other four are on our ship. Three soldiers are storming towards them while two more are aiming their bows at them.
"What are we going to do?", Yunho asks.
"They haven't noticed us yet. We could try a surprise attack on the archers.", Yeosang suggests.
"I'll take the left one.", Jongho says.
Yeosang nods. Arrows fly towards the ship. Luckily they miss our friends. Yunho and I keep hidden behind trees while Jongho and Yeosang sneak towards the soldiers. I peak at my ship again and see our friends run inside my room while the soldiers storm our ship. They try to get into the room but the others must have barricaded it. A minute later Jongho and Yeosang come back.
"The archers are resting for a bit. Any plan for the other three?", Yeosang asks.
"Let's wait until they notice that the other two are missing and see what they do.", I reply.
The soldiers stop trying to get into my bedroom. One of them guards it, another one keeps an eye out towards the island and the last one snoops around on our ship. The soldier who looks towards the island, finally notices that the archers are gone. He tells the others about it and leaves the ship to go and take a look. The soldier who was looking around takes over his post.
"Should we knock that one out too?", Jongho asks.
"The other one is watching. It could be risky.", I say.
"Yeah but it would also only be two against four.", Yunho comments.
"They are armed though.", Yeosang adds.
"Technically, wouldn't it be eight against two? Because when they both leave, the others can get free again. So I think we should do it.", Jongho explains.
"You're right."

Yeosang and Jongho sneak towards the unsuspecting soldier who is looking at the knocked out bodies of the soldiers. Our youngest jumps out of the bush and two seconds later the guy is sleeping peacefully next to his friends. In the meantime me and Yunho got a bit closer to the ship. As expected the soldiers on the ship see him. Unfortunately they stand their ground. Instead a loud whistle can be heard. Yeosang jumps out of his hiding spot and motions us to storm towards the ship. Both soldiers have no other choice but to fight us, which grants the other four an opportunity to break free. We successfully unarm the soldiers and use their own weapons to threaten them to leave our ship. In the distance more soldiers are running towards us. I guess the whistle was a signal. We start the engine as quickly as possible and take off just in time. The soldiers look mad as we wave them goodbye.

"That was close.", Yunho says.
"They will definitely try to follow us. What should we do?", Seonghwa asks.
"Is there anywhere we could go where we are safe?", I asks Yeosang and Wooyoung.
"Nope. It's equally shitty everywhere.", Wooyoung answers.
"Then let's do a complicated detour and hope that we shake them off."
"What if we don't?", Mingi asks.
"Then, we're ****ed!", San exclaims.
I change the direction of the ship towards the south which will lead us out of the dark part of the Nekra Kingdom. After an hour of flying Yeosang gives me an update about the situation.
"I think I can see their ship very far in the distance. I can't say yet if they are faster or slower than us."
"Okay, thank you."
Unfortunately the wind goes into the opposite direction at the moment, so we are a little bit slower than usual right now.

Over the course of the day the sky starts to get lighter again and the next day the clouds have turned a normal gray colour again and we aren't trapped in an eternal darkness anymore. I ask Seonghwa, who is in the crow's nest, what the position of the other ship is. Apparently nothing has changed since yesterday. Their ship seems to be as fast as ours.
I go back into the captain's cabin and lay down on the bed. Next to me, on my nightstand lays the book that my parents gave me as a child.