Chapter Fifty Three: Wolkmaar History Lesson

Yunho POV
After visiting the clairvoyant, we go back to Dugang. It is very late when we get there but we still find a restaurant that is open. Mingi tells us everything that happened to him while meditating. It sounds like crazy dream but it must be connected to reality somehow. Otherwise how would he be able to get the key? Everything regarding the clairvoyants is a mystery. I muster the key. It looks like all of the other key pieces except for the pattern on it which is different with every piece.

"Now that we have the key, what is our next destination?", Yeosang asks.
"Kroos Republic should be next.", the captain answers.
"I can't believe that we are already going back to Kroosborg. It's been more than a year but it feels like it has been maybe three months. Time really flies.", San comments.
"It will take a while to get there though. We have to fly around the Nekra Kingdom. I don't want to risk being chased again."
"Where do we start? We don't have any information about the key in Kroos Republic.", Jongho wonders.
"Well, until now asking around in the main city was very successful.", Seonghwa utters.
While everyone is talking about our journey, Mingi is slowly falling asleep on my shoulder. The meditation seems to have drained his energy. I always thought meditations were supposed to be relaxing but this one was very tiring.
Once everyone has finished their dinner and drinks, we leave the restaurant. I try to wake Mingi up but he just mumbles something and goes back to sleep, so Jongho decides to carry him home. We come back home around midnight. I lay down on my bed while I wait until it is my turn to go to the bathroom but end up falling asleep.

The next day I wake up a bit before noon. At noon we go into the city to eat. Hongjoong tells us that we don't have a lot of money left and need to go treasure hunting on the next islands. After eating lunch, we prepare to take off. It only takes a few days until we reach the next island.
Like Vretefokl the island has one big mountain on it, except that half of the mountains is missing. It's like the mountain has been ripped in half.
Along the front side of the mountain are several farms.
"We are going treasure hunting here.", Hongjoong announces.
"I don't think the farmers are going to be amused if we are trampling over their crops and digging up the ground.", Seonghwa remarks. I giggle at the thought of it. Mingi and I did these things a lot when we were little.
"There are two caves in the mountain that we are going to explore. Last time my parents and I found some really good stuff here. One of those was this ship wheel that is way better than the old one was."
Hongjoong spins the wheel enthusiastically, forgetting that we are still flying mid air. The ship starts tilting to one side, there is rumbling coming from inside the ship. I hold on tightly to the main mast.
"Oops!"
Hongjoong spins the wheel into the other direction and the ship straightens itself again.
We halt our ship at the tiny landing stage. It barely has space between the other two tiny boats. We walk up the steep winded path between the fields.
At some point it splits. One path goes further up the mountain and the other leads along a field but it is hard to see where it ends because bushes are blocking the view. We take the second one and reach a cave after a few minutes of walking.

Hongjoong lights up a torch and pushes Yeosang and Wooyoung to the front. The tunnel is on the smaller side, Seonghwa is just short enough to fit, so Mingi and I have to duck down slightly. Hongjoong looks at me and grins.
"See, being short can be an advantage.", he remarks.
We walk deeper into the cave which gets narrower and narrower. We find two small chests on the way. At some point the tunnel gets so narrow that we need to go sideways.
"Ah, so bright!", Wooyoung screams. Apparently he has found the end.
"Be careful the way might lead directly to the edge of the island.", Hongjoong warns him.
"Wait a bit, my eyes need to get used to the sun for a bit."
We come to a halt for a minute before we start to move forward again. The sun shines into my face as I come out of the tunnel onto the somewhat broad ledge.
"Wow, the view of the sky from here is very nice.", Jongho says.
"Unfortunately, no chest.", San says.
"Yeah, some gold would make this moment even better."
Mingi sits down on a small rock and sprawls his legs.
"All of that for barely anything."
Hongjoong sighs.
I step behind Mingi and massage his shoulders. In the corner of my eye I spot a piece of paper under the rock.
"Mingi, can you stand up? There is something stuck under here."
Mingi stands up. Him and Jongho lift up the rock. I grab the paper. It is the same kind of paper as the letter that we found in the ruin a while ago was made of.
Just as the letter it is written in a foreign language but changes to our language within a few seconds. There are also scribbles on the side. It seems like this is a piece of paper out of a scratch block.