Chapter Eighteen: Decayed

WARNING: YEOSANGS MEMORIES CONTAIN VIOLENCE. PLEASE SKIP THAT PART IF YOU ARE UNCOMFORTABLE WITH IT.

Yeosang POV
The last weeks were uneventful. Nobody on Prodt or Pirnplum knew about the key and we didn't even find any treasures. The only remotely interesting thing was the museum about agriculture in Pirnplum.
Right now I am competing against Wooyoung, San and Jongho on who can do the most push-ups. Seonghwa and Hongjoong are watching us.
"Ohh San's arms are trembling aaand he is out.", Hongjoong exclaims. Exhausted, San throws himself onto his bed.
"How many did you do?", Seonghwa asks.
"133.", San replies.
I am already at 147. Wooyoung next to me also looks very exhausted. I hope he gets out next.
"Jongho looks still fairly good compared to the others.", Hongjoong says.
"Yeah but Wooyoung is very competitive.", Seonghwa argues.
Is nobody for me?
In this moment Yunho comes in.
"What are you doing?"
"We are trying to find out who can do the most push-ups.", Hongjoong answers.
"Oh cool. I just wanted to say that there is a castle ruin to our right. Should we change the course?"
"Sure. We might find a treasure there."
I don't think I can go on much longer. I have barely any strength left. I let myself fall to the ground. At least I did 162.
"Yeosang is out.", Seonghwa announces.
Just 5 seconds later Wooyoung gives up too.
"How many did you do?", I ask.
"165."
"That's three more than me."
We watch Jongho until he finally has to give up.
"217. I can't do any more."
Seonghwa gets us all something to drink before we wash ourselves and change our clothes.

I climb onto the deck. Yunho is parking the ship at the main part of the ruin. The island on which the ruin stands has split into several parts and the ruin got torn apart too. But a big part of it is still standing on the island next to us. It looks a bit creepy to be honest.
"Wow! What happened here?", Wooyoung exclaims.
"I haven't been here either. Maybe we'll find it out what happened inside.", Hongjoong says.
We leave the ship and stand inside what must have been the throne room once. The throne is half destroyed and there is a lot of rubble on the floor. There is no door but a small hole in wall which we crawl through to get to the next room.
It is pretty dark so we take out our torches.

We are actually in a corridor. There is dust everywhere and spiderwebs hang from the wall. The air feels cold and smells musty. I suddenly feel someone take my hand.
"I am scared.", Mingi whispers and cuddles onto me.
"Wow, it really creepy in here.", Yunho states.
"HELLO! IS SOMEONE HERE?", Wooyoung screams.
His voice echoes through the hallway.
"I don't think someone lives here. It looks pretty abandoned.", Seonghwa says.
We go down the corridor and find the dining room. The chandelier has fallen onto the brittle dining table. The chairs are scattered all over the room, the picture at the end of the room has fallen down and candleholders are lying on the floor.
Similar to the Nekra palace there is a hallway that directly leads to the kitchen.
The kitchen is in a bad condition just like everything else. Kitchen utensils lie around everywhere. There are a few shards on the ground. The food that was stored here must have decayed a long time ago as there are no traces of it.
San walks around the counters, screams out loud, runs back and hugs our captain who seems very bewildered by that.
"There are dead people.", San says and pouts.
Hongjoong loosens San's grip on him and pats him on the back.
We slowly walk around the corner.
There are two crusty, old skeletons on the floor. One in the corner and one right next to the counter.
"They must be dead since at least two hundred years judging by the condition their in.", Jongho comments.
"It looks like they might have been hiding.", Wooyoung adds.
I take a step forward and accidentally kick a book.
Yunho picks it up and opens it. Most pages are either completely rotten or simply not readable anymore but a few pages are still in a good enough condition to read them.
"Caroettnkuukchn.", Yunho reads out loud and frowns.
"Sounds like it is written in the old language.", Jongho says.
"That means it must be at least 350 years old.", Seonghwa adds.
San takes the book from Yunho.
"It's pretty similar to the southern dialect. I think it's a recipe for carrot cake.", San states.
"Oh, really?", Yunho say.
"Yes, here it says you need a half kilo of carrots, 350 gramms of flour,150 gramms sugar and so on."
We put the book back on the counter and move on.