Chapter Twenty One: Unwelcome

San POV
We park our ship in the small harbor in Kuelaevild. A piercing smell gets into my nose.
"Eww, why is it so smelly here?", Seonghwa asks.
"Welcome to the island with the worlds biggest fertilizer production. Don't worry we won't be here for long.", Hongjoong says.
We try to ignore that it smells like poop and go into the village.
"How could you live here? I feel like I am about to puke.", Yeosang says.
"I think the people here are so used to it that they don't really notice the smell anymore.", Yunho explains.
We ask around for the key. This was the last island that was mentioned in the report. It has to be here, otherwise we don't have any clue where it could be.

Like always we go from door to door but we still don't have any success.
We go back to our ship and sit down in the kitchen.
"What are we going to do now? This was the last place on our list and we still don't have any trace of the key.", Jongho states.
"Well, we wanted to visit San's parents in Kraggnsdrant next. As for the key. I don't think it's in Waerglunt. We will have to search for it in Wajasi, I guess.", Hongjoong says.
"Maybe we could ask about it in Kraggnsdrant too. Maybe we are lucky and someone wants to tell us something about it.", I suggest.
"I guess we could try it. Although I am not sure if anyone us going to talk with us at all. I don't think that they liked it when we helped your family."
"Yeah... Actually my sister might know something. She is married to the mayor's cousin. He is the black sheep of the family, so he isn't very popular in the village but they still get invited to family dinners and sometimes visit other families. Maybe she has seen it in one of their houses."
"We will ask her then. Let's go to Kraggnsdrant!"

A week later
I wake up feeling energized. I stand up and tuck Shiber in. Then I go to the kitchen to eat my breakfast.
Wooyoung is about to take the last bit of my favorite jam.
"I wanted that.", I mumble.
"Ah, really? Then you can take it.", Wooyoung says.
"It's okay. Take it."
"No, Sannie. You can have it."
Wooyoung squeezes my cheeks and gets the other jam from the cold storage. I have kind of gotten used to being taken care of by my friends. I might not deserve it but it seems to make them happy.
I get ready for the day and go onto the main deck.

It has gotten significantly warmer over the last few weeks. I don't need to wear my warm winter clothes anymore and can instead just wear a thin shirt and a coat for when it's cold in the morning.
The sun is shining brightly onto the deck and Seonghwa is navigating.
I hug him from behind and rest my head on his shoulder.
"When are we arriving at Kraggnsdrant?", I ask.
"I don't know. It hasn't appeared at the horizon yet, so definitely more than one hour."
"Okay. I am just so excited. I can't wait to see them again. I hope they like the clothes I bought for them in Hoppnmuls."
"I'm sure they will. I am excited to see the island. I would love to go for a walk at the beach. It must be so beautiful."
"It is really pretty."
I look at clouds for a bit before I speak again.
"Seonghwa?"
"Hmm..."
"What if they don't recognize me anymore because I changed to much?"
"Haha! I think they will still recognize you. They will just be glad that you are happier and healthier now. By the way I think your hair has gotten a bit long again. Maybe we should cut it before you go to your parents, so you can look extra handsome when you meet your family again."
"Yes! Can you cut it a bit shorter this time?"
"Sure."

A bit later the island finally comes into sight. Hongjoong takes over the wheel since the landing process is more difficult because we can't just halt at the edge of the island.
Seonghwa goes into bathroom with me and cuts my hair.
Then I go into the bedroom to get the clothes for my parents. Yunho and Jongho are talking in there.
"Oh wow, your hair! You look super handsome!", Yunho exclaims as I enter.
"Thank you!", I say and feel heat rush to my cheeks.
"I like the shorter hair too. It brings out your eyes.", Jongho compliments me.
I giggle and get even more embarrassed. I didn't think that they would notice it.