Chapter Forty Three: Rebellion

Yeosang POV
I get dragged into Hongjoong and Seonghwa's bedroom. The lieutenant looks through Hongjoong's maps and note book.
"The treasure of Aninliggat, huh? Interesting..."
"Yeah, see. We're not even planning something against dad, so why don't you let us go?"
"Very funny, your majesty. You still need to return home and the others need to be punished for trying to influence you and smuggling you out of the country."
The soldier opens the drawers of the desk in which are more maps and past and the current diary of the captain. The last drawer is closed.
"Where is the key, your majesty?"
"Uh, I don't know."
"I don't have time to play these games."
"Okay but I still don't know where it is. I didn't even know that the desk has a locked drawer."
"And you think I believe that?"
"Yeah, otherwise I wouldn't be saying it."
The lieutenant looks me straight into my eyes for a few seconds, probably trying to figure out if I say the truth, then begins searching the room. He finds a key in Seonghwa's bedside table but it doesn't fit. He tries to open a box that he found in the closet with the key and it works. Inside the box is another key. This one fits into the lock of the drawer. The soldier opens the drawer and finds all of our key pieces inside of it.
"I see these are the ones from the note book. We'll see if any of this will be useful for the king."

I spend the next days in the captain's cabin together with the lieutenant. He keeps reading through Hongjoong's note book and diary. Every now and then a soldier will come and bring us food and water. At some point I hear screaming and a lot of footsteps outside. After Yunho lets out a very loud scream it becomes quiet again. I hope the others are okay. Then finally a soldier comes in and tells us that we arrived. The two soldiers bring me outside again. I see my friends standing at the harbor but some of them are wounded. What happened?
I try to get to them but the soldiers hold me back.
We walk through the city. People are whispering to each other as walk by.
As we come by the bar that me and Wooyoung used to go to, I see that it's shut down. I made a lot of good memories in there. It was the only place where I ever got to talk to people outside of the castle or the army.

We reach my home.
"Finally I am back! I am totally super excited about that because we are definitely not going to be beaten up and killed!", I exclaim.
"You should be happy. You're going to wake up from all the lies that they told you. You're going to get back on the right path.", the lieutenant says.
"Pff!"
I can't help but laugh at his ridiculous statement.
We enter the throne room. Father looks shocked for a second before he puts on his usual arrogant expression.
"Look who is back. Welcome home, son. I see you brought your valet and some other bastards with you. I guess they were the ones that convinced you to betray your country."
"They had nothing to do with it. I did it out of my own free will."
"Oh really? Well, we will talk about that later. After their execution which will have to wait until tomorrow evening. I have already other things planned for my birthday. Not our dear valet though because it seems like Yeosang needs to practice and relearn what it means to be the prince of the Nekra Kingdom."
The soldiers take the others away, leaving me and the lieutenant alone in the middle of the room.
"Lieutenant, report!"
The lieutenant tells him how he tracked us down and what he found in Hongjoong's diary. Meanwhile I try to think of a way to escape. Maybe during the party tonight? But we already did that last time, so he might expect it. I should probably find out if the secret exid in the wine cellar still exist first. Maybe I can do that during the party and then try to free my friends at night.

"So you have been searching for those keys with those people?", father suddenly asks me.
"Ohh.. eh, why do you know anything about them?"
"If I did then I wouldn't tell you."
"Ah, so you don't."
"You're annoying me. Please bring the prince to his room and make sure he stays there until the party starts."
Our butler takes me by the arm and brings me to my room. I don't try to free myself right now as I don't think that I would get very far. There are a lot more soldiers in the castle than there were one year ago. I guess father got a little more careful after I ran away.
My room still looks the same as it did one year ago. I let myself fall onto my bed and sigh. Immediately the butler screams at me.
"Your majesty, get off immediately! You are dirty, we need to wash you first!"
I sigh again and get up. I walk into the bathroom to make myself a bath.
The butler screams again.
"WHERE ARE YOU GOING, YOUR MAJESTY?!"
"Take a bath?"
"It isn't prepared yet. Please wait for a valet."
"There is no need. I can do it myself."
"No you can't! You are the prince."
I ignore him, fill up a bucket of water, light the fireplace and hang the water over it. The butler seems unsure what he should do and looks around nervously.
"Th-This isn't right...", he stutters.
I take some soap, a soft sponge and a towel from the cabinet and put them onto the table next to the bathtub. Now I will have to wait.
I decide to prepare my outfit for later. I open the closet but the butler stops me.
"That is really too much your majesty. You need to wait for a valet."
The butler pushes me away from the closet and closes it.
"And when is the valet coming?"
"I don't know."
I sigh again and go back into the bathroom to see if the water has already warmed up.
It has, so I take it from the fireplace and pour it into the bathtub. I want to fill up the bucket again but the butler takes it from me.
Defeated he says: "Stop it, I will do it. Please take a seat in your room, your majesty."
Annoyed I sit down on the chair at my desk.