Chapter Forty Six: Exploring Nekra Cueda

Jongho POV
I wake up and the first thing that I see is San's face. Why is he in my bed? I remove the arm around my waist and try to push him off.
"Ahh, wat ar yu duin, liddl uon?", he mumbles dozily in a unusual deep voice.
"What are you doing in MY bed?"
"Kudlin."
San puts his arm around my waist again and lays his head on my chest.
"I'm standing up now."
"No."
San grabs onto me even tighter. I sigh.
"Okay but only a few more minutes."

I must have fallen asleep again because Hongjoong wakes me up.
"Are you two going to sleep the whole day? We're eating lunch soon."
I yawn and try to get up, still not quite awake yet, but I can't and remember that San is still holding on to me.
"Is it morning already?", he asks.
He finally lets go of me and sits up.
"It's almost noon.", our older friend explains.
"Why didn't you wake us up earlier?"
Wait, what? He's the reason why we're getting up so late and now he's complaining about it?!
"I wanted to stand up earlier but you clung to me and didn't let me get up!", I argue.
"Ah, really? I don't remember. Sorry."
He kisses my cheek and stands up.
"Ergh!"
I rub my cheek and also stand up. Why is he so annoying this morning?

Since Seonghwa and Yunho still aren't well enough to stand up, we're eating in the bedroom again.
"Good morning!", Wooyoung exclaims, sits down on my bed and kisses my cheek.
"Argh!"
Not another one! Why is everyone so affectionate today?
After we ate, the owner of this house comes to change our bandages. My arm still hurts quite a bit. Turns out that I have a big bruise where the wound is. Damn that fence!
"What are you planning to do today, Mr. Kuebe?", Yeosang asks.
"Apart from taking care of your friends, I will do my work and at the evening we have a group meeting. I will leave in an hour. If you need anything in the meantime, you can ask my wife."
"Where do you work?", I ask.
"I am the administrator of the harbor."
So that's how he has such a big nice house. He probably has quite a lot of privileges compared to other people in the Nekra Kingdom. I wonder what made him want to rebel against the king. I guess he probably doesn't like to see the normal civilians suffer but not everyone would risk loosing his position for this.
"Do you know what happened to our ship then? We arrived with it yesterday.", Hongjoong asks.
"The one that got caught by our soldiers?"
"Yes that one."
"It is supposed to searched through and emptied this afternoon. If you want, I could make it seem like you fled with it. Once you get better, I could then pay to smuggle you out of the harbor and bring you to it."
"Sounds like a good plan."

Mr. Kuebe leaves after taking care of all our wounds. I go up into the living room and look through some of the books. I wish that I could explore the city a little bit. Even though it is quite dark and there is a lot of violence, it seemed quite beautiful.
I look towards Yeosang who has been looking out of the window for a while now. I walk towards him and give him a back hug.
"Anything interesting out there?"
"Not really. Mostly just snobs that are walking by. I really want to see the rest of the city. It's kind of embarrassing as the prince of this country but I haven't actually seen the majority of it yet."
"I would also like to see it."
"Should we go then?", Wooyoung chimes in and puts his arms around our shoulders.
"Are you crazy! We are searched criminals! We can't just go and take a walk outside."
"When we put on a disguise, we can."
"And what are we going to use as disguise?"
"I saw that Mr. Kuebe has a bunch of black robes in the meeting room."
"It's still risky. A robe won't disguise us completely and if we get caught and they follow us here then Mr. Kuebe and his group will also be in danger."
"I think we should go.", Yeosang comments.
"Okay, let's go."
I sigh but follow them. I should at least make sure that they don't cause too much trouble.