Chapter Thirty Four: Undiscovered Lands

Yeosang POV
The ship tilts to one side which makes us all stumble and crash into each other. What is happening? I thought we are back on our path. Just a few seconds later the ship turns back to normal.
"Is Hongjoong playing tricks on us again? What was that?", Jongho questions.
I suddenly hear someone scream but it is too muffled to make out who it is and what he is saying. Two minutes later San comes down. He is ghostly pale and has a few small cuts on his hands and face.
"We need your help! Hongjoong is unconscious.", he shouts.
We hurry onto the deck where Seonghwa is kneeling on the ground with Hongjoong's head in his lap while simultaneously holding on to the wheel and keeping the ship stable.
Mingi immediately takes over from him and Yunho climbs up the main mast and helps him to navigate through the passage. Jongho lifts up Hongjoong and brings him to his bed. Wooyoung makes sure that he lays comfortable and tucks him in while Seonghwa gets the first aid kit.

I look at San. He still looks very pale and exhausted.
"San, sit down, you don't look so good.", I say and point to the chair at Hongjoong's desk. He lets himself fall onto chair. Seonghwa comes back and starts treating his wounds. I decide to also treat San's wounds. I should make myself useful. He looks at me a bit confused and then starts whining because it hurts.
"I will go down and start making dinner. Jongho can you help me?", Wooyoung asks.
"Sure."
The two leave. I put bandages around San's hands.
"Isn't that a bit much?", he asks.
"You have quite a lot of scratches and it prevents dirt from getting in there again.", I explain.
"You should rest a bit. You seem very exhausted.", Seonghwa says.
San nods and we go down into the bedroom. He sleeps while I read.
Then I notice that I didn't panic when I treated his hands. I was so focused on helping out that I didn't think about the blood.

2 days later
It's already late in the afternoon when Yunho tells us to come up onto the deck. Hongjoong is already there. He looks way better than he did yesterday. I walk to the bow of the ship. It's a bit difficult to see but the path seems to be ending. We look over the railing together while we wait for the ship to leave the wind barrier. Ten minutes later the vision starts to clear and the wind becomes a soft breeze. It is also starting to get hotter and brighter again. On each side of our ship fly by the last two big clouds. In front of us is the bright blue sky. We finally made it to the other side!

As soon as the ship is out of the clouds, I get blinded by the sun. I cover my eyes with my hand. I should have brought a hat.
"Woah! WE MADE IT!", Mingi shouts.
I get shoved backwards and squeezed into a group hug.
"Where do we go from here though?", I ask.
"Let's look at the map together and see where the next island is later.", Hongjoong says.

The others enjoy the view while I sprint down to get a hat for Wooyoung and me. After putting it on I can finally open my eyes again without feeling like I am going blind immediately. I finally can see what they have been seeing. The sky looks exactly like everywhere else but when I turn around I can see the wall of clouds getting smaller and smaller every second. It is kind of weird thinking that we are now somewhere where almost no one has ever been before. I wonder if there are also people on this side that don't know that there are people on our side.

After eating dinner, Hongjoong discusses our route with us. Apparently he already told Jongho to sail towards the southeast to an island with a ruin on it. He then wants to check out the ruin on the island that is incomplete on the map and see what else is on that island before moving on to the other ruins farther northwards. Fortunately the islands are close to each other, so we should only take two to three weeks for the route. But what if we don't find anything here? What are we going to do then?

3 days later
I get up and start packing a few things that we might need when we explore the ruin. As I take the lunch that Yunho and Wooyoung made, I feel the ship stop. A few minutes later I meet with the others on the deck. To my right I can see the island that we parked at. On the island is small volcano but otherwise not much vegetation. The ruin is at the foot of it.
We get on land and start walking towards it. As we get closer I get to see more of the architecture. It doesn't look like anything that I have seen before. The whole building is built out of dark brown stone. The ground floor is T-shaped top of it is a small room and big pillars that hold the much bigger rectangular third floor. The same thing repeats for the fourth and fifth floor.
"Wow, these ruins look completely different from the ones that we have been in.", Jongho exclaims.
"Which also means that we have no idea what danger lies in front of us. We should be careful.", Mingi says.