Chapter Twelve: Falling

Seonghwa POV
I wake up at sunrise. I look over to Hongjoong who is still asleep. He is sleeping in his usual position with his arms up. He always looks so cute when he does that.
I get dressed and step outside.
"Good morning.", Yeosang, who is navigating the ship, says with a unusual big smile on his face.
"You seem to be in a really good mood today.", I remark.
"Of course. Today is my best friend's birthday."

I go inside the ship and eat my breakfast. Wooyoung comes in and gives me a kiss on the cheek.
I feel my face get warm.
"W-what was that for?", I stutter.
"Just felt like it.", he says and giggles.
After eating, I wash myself and then search for San.
I find him playing with Yunho in the bedroom.
"San, let's start baking the cake.", I say.
We go to the kitchen and gather together all of the ingredients.
I open the flour and get a bunch of it in my face. San laughs and tries to rub it off of my face. For a moment a memory of Rosalie from the past comes to my mind.
"Did you get some of it in your eyes?", San asks and wipes away a tear that was rolling down my cheek.
"Ah, yes but I think it is okay now."
We mix together the batter, fill it into a cake pan and put it into the oven. I mix together the icing while San is supposed to keep an eye on the cake but he is more occupied with eating the nuts and the berries that we are going to use as decoration.
"Stop eating. We need them for later.", I scold him.
San sulks and hugs me from behind.
I finish making the icing and start cleaning up the kitchen.

A few minutes later I take the cake out of the oven. I need to let cool in the cold storage next but there is no space. I sigh.
"Why are you sighing?", San asks.
"There is not enough space for the cake."
"It stopped snowing, so we could just let it cool down on the deck."
"You're right."
We go into the corridor. San climbs up the ladder and I give him the cake.
Fifteen minutes later I go up with everything that we need to decorate the cake.
Wooyoung, who is at the wheel, is looking at us curiously.
"Don't you want to finally tell me why you made a cake?", he asks in an annoying cutesy voice.
"Just wait until later.", I reply.
"Pleeaaaseee!"
Wooyoung acts cutely to convince us.
"You will find it out soon. Just be patient.", San says.
"I don't think that word exists in his vocabulary.", I comment and giggle.

We hang out on the main deck until it is noon. Then San gathers together the crew. I take the cake, we gather around Wooyoung and sing "Happy Birthday" for him.
"Woah! I totally forgot that today is my birthday."
"Here is a small present for you.", Hongjoong says and gives him the jewelry we bought for him.
"Thank you! It's so pretty. I have always wanted to wear jewelry."
We eat the cake together and later Hongjoong made us dinner.

8 days later
I am in the crow's nest and nothing is really happening. Maybe I should have brought a book with me. Instead I just let my thoughts wander. I wonder how everyone is doing at home. Then I remember again that Rosalie won't be waiting for me when I return. I feel this ache in my heart again. I still remember how beautiful she looked when I first saw her.

5 years ago
"Son, can you do something for me. I still have a lot to do but I wanted to bring your mom some flowers. I heard that recently a florist from Wisnpfloss opened her shop here. Could you go there and buy some for me?"
"Of course, dad."
Dad gives me the money for the flowers and explains me the way to the shop. I walk into the town center where I very quickly find the florist.
Inside a girl that is around my age greets me. She looks stunning. Her hair is blonde and curly and her eyes emerald green. She is wearing a pink dress and has a white bow in her hair. She smiles at me which makes my heart beat really fast.
"Good evening. How can I help you?"
"G-good evening. Ehh... I... uh... I need some flowers for my mom. I-it's supposed to... ehh... be a surprise from my dad t-to my mum... uhm... yeah...", I stutter.
She giggles.
"Are you always so shy?", she asks.
"S-sometimes... a-a little bit."
She starts picking out some pretty flowers.
"I-I heard that ehm... you're new here."
"Yes, me and my parents came here two weeks ago. This is my mom's shop but she left a bit earlier today."
"Okay... uhh... Do y-you like it... ehh.... here?"
"Yes it is very quiet and the people are nice. Our house is also near the lake which is very nice."
"That is g-good to hear."
She gives me a beautiful bouquet.
"Here. That makes 4 gold please."
I give her the money.
"Thank you for eh... the flowers. Have a nice evening.", I say.
"Thank you. I hope your mother likes them. See you!"
I walk towards the door when she suddenly asks me to stop.
"Wait, you haven't told me your name yet."
"O-oh s-sorry. I'm Seonghwa."
"I'm Rosalie. I hope we'll see each other again.", she says and gently smiles at me.
"Y-yeah. See you soon.", I say and smile back before I leave.