Chapter Twenty Seven: Blinded

Yeosang POV
"We reached the island.", Haneul shouts.
I take the hat that Hongjoong borrowed me and go outside. The bright sun burns my eyes. I immediately lower my hat to block it.
It is a bit hard to see because it is so bright outside. We seem to be at the docks of a small town.
"Don't tell me that we will have to through the dessert to get to the main city.", Mingi says.
"We do. It will take us three days to reach it.", Hongjoong confirms.
"What about Yeosang and Wooyoung? They won't handle the sun for so long. Even for my eyes it's almost to much to handle.", Yunho worries.
"I don't know. They might have to stay here."
"Or we blindfold them.", San jokes.
"That's actually not to bad of an idea. They could be blindfolded for most of the way and only take it of at night or for short times if they need to."
"What do you think? Do you want to stay here or be blindfolded?", Seonghwa asks.
"I don't want to miss out anything!", Wooyoung states.
Being blindfolded for three days sounds pretty bad but when will ever get another chance to see the city again? And it will be super boring in the ship especially without the others.
"Sure, blindfold me."
"Before we go, we need a lot of supplies for the way. And take a thin jacket with you to protect your skin from the intense sun."
We take our backpacks and fill them with food and water. Then we go through the village until we reach a stable with weird brown animals that have a longish neck and legs, a very big hump and big brown eyes with long lashes.

Although the hat gives me some shade my eyes are starting to burn.
"Wooyoungs and Yeosangs eyes are starting to get red. Maybe we should blindfold them already.", Haneul says.
"Yeah, we won't be walking much anymore, so they don't need to see anything for now.", Hongjoong utters.
He takes out two pieces of cloth and gives one to Seonghwa. Our captain puts the cloth over my eyes and ties it at the back of my head. The tiniest bit of light still comes through it but otherwise I don't see anything. My eyes immediately feel better.
"Is it good like this?", Hongjoong asks.
"Perfect. This view, it is almost like I am home."
I hear the others laugh at my remark.
Someone takes my hand and we walk a few steps forward. It must be either Yunho's or Mingi's hand because its very big.

"Hello we need to get to the main city.", Hongjoong says to someone.
"Sure how many people are you?", I hear a woman ask.
"Nine and we have eight backpacks."
"33 gold please."
I hear Hongjoongs coin pouch.
"Come with me."
We walk a few steps again. A unpleasant smell hits my nose. It's probably from the animals I saw.
"They want to go to the main city.", the woman explains to someone.
I hear some animals walk towards us.
After a minute the person who held my hand lets go of me. I feel someone else's hand on my back. I walk two steps forward.
"You have to put your leg over it, Yeosang.", I hear Jongho say. I assume he is also the person who grabs my leg. He places my leg somewhere then tells me to sit down. I slowly go down until I feel something under me. I feels slightly warm. I reach out my arms. Someone takes them and wraps them around their waist which makes me slightly flustered.

I hear a man's voice then the animal starts moving. I hear Mingi make some scared noises. He must be the one who sits in front of me. I rub his belly to calm him down. A few minutes later I hear San shout:
"Woah so much sand!"
"Really?!", I hear Wooyoung exclaims. A second later he screams in pain.
"Keep your blindfold on, idiot.", Jongho says.
"I just wanted to see what is out there."
"You will see it later anyway."
I giggle. I also want to know what the others are seeing right now but I am not so stupid to risk my eyesight for it.

We ride through the scorching heat. Occasionally I lift my blindfold slightly to grab my water. After some time we pause to eat something.
Great I am hungry! I really crave some chicken now but we only packed bread and fruits. The animal moves downwards and my feets touch the ground. I dismount and take a few steps but then bump into someone small.
"Watch your step Yeosang.", our captain says.
Seonghwa takes my hand and shows me where I can sit down. The ground is full of sand. No wait! The whole ground is just sand. The other islands were pretty sandy but if we rode several hours through the sand this island beats them all. To eat I put down my blindfold. In the first minute my eyes really hurt then it gets a little bit better. We are surrounded by hills that are made completely out of sand. I see that we also have a stranger with us. He must be a worker from the stable that takes care of the animals. I eat some bread with cheese, an apple and a banana. Then we have to move on.
I sit down on the animal again and make sure my blind fold fully covers my eyes.