Chapter Thirty Six: Split Up

Yunho POV
Mingi wakes me up.
"Hey, wake up. We are supposed to go outside to eat breakfast."
I stretch, yawn and quickly ruffle through my hair. Then I put on my shoes and my friends and I follow a soldier outside. We walk a bit through the village. A lot of people are already working early in the morning. I watch someone shape some of the thin planks and another person covering them in an unknown liquid. We also walk past someone who is making arrows.

We get to some fields. I wonder how they get enough water to grow something here. The soldier brings us to a big house next to the fields. A lot of field workers are eating their breakfast when we enter. The soldier leaves us and we grab some plates. There is a short queue before a woman puts a big portion of stew on our plates. We sit down at a free table. Some of the workers stare at us.
Wooyoung bends forward and sniffs the stew.
"You are supposed to eat it, not dunk your nose in it.", Yeosang comments.
"It smells like the bottom of Mingi's feet.", Wooyoung says and giggles. Mingi blushes. I get some on my spoon and smell it too.
"Oh, yeah, it does. It smells good.", I say.
"Mingi's feet smell good? Why do you even know how they smell?", Jongho asks embarrassed.
"Do we want to know that?", Hongjoong asks sarcastically.
"Well, as long as it doesn't taste like Mingi's feet.", San adds.

After breakfast we walk back to the house where we slept to get our backpacks. Then we search for the woman who helped us yesterday to say goodbye. With his whole body Hongjoong explains that we are leaving. The woman nods and makes some arm movements. All of us are unsure what she means.
She motions us to follow her. We follow her to the edge of the village where she stops. She balls her hand into fist and then waves. I think she wants to tell us good luck and goodbye. We bow to her to say thank you and wave too.

We walk down the road after a while we get back to the place where we were captured.
"Do you know what I find weird? The woman gave us the amulet so easily. Why would she do that? She doesn't know us and we aren't even from the same country and can't speak her language. But she trusted us so easily.", Jongho says.
"Maybe our faces look so charming and trustworthy.", Mingi says.
"You look mostly like fool.", Wooyoung comments.
"I also find it suspicious.", Hongjoong states, "She trusted us way to quickly."
"She seems to have trusted us after we showed her where we came from.", I utter.
"Maybe because the amulet is also from our side, so she thought it kind of belonged to us.", Seonghwa guesses.

We reach the crossroad where we turn left. As I speak to Yeosang I notice that his eyes are becoming red again.
"Your eyes look irritated again."
"Yeah they hurt but being blindfolded is always pretty annoying."
"Well if we don't do it, you might loose your eyesight."
We blindfold him and Wooyoung again. I hold on to Yeosang's hand and make sure that he doesn't trip. I almost forgot how dreary this path is.
Because of that the way feels super long and it feels way more tiring.
After a while we are back to where we took our break. We sit down on the same rocks again.
"I'm really hungry.", Seonghwa cries out.
"Does anyone have food left", Wooyoung asks while he takes off his blindfold.
We all shake our heads.
"Maybe we can find something in a chest again.", Mingi says.
"You can do that. I am tired and my feet hurt.", Hongjoong says yawns and lies down on Yeosangs thigh.

I get up and begin looking around. The others follow suit and split into different directions. Only after a few minutes San finds a chest. He opens it and makes a disgusted face. I curiously walk over and take a peek inside the chest. A terrible smell comes out of it. On the inside is cow poop.
"Why is there poop inside of it?! Universe why?", San shouts.
I giggle.
"Ooof it stinks...", San mumbles.
I continue searching. Shortly after Seonghwa spots a chest. It's not too big so I am not that hopeful.
"Please, at least some snacks would be good.", he begs while slowly opens it.
But all that is in there are two apple seeds and a gnawed off chicken leg.
Seonghwa slowly closes the chest again and then throws it away in anger. Seems like the chest are playing games with us today. I pat him on his shoulder.
"We will find something don't worry.", I say.
"Hey does one of you want bread crumbs?", Wooyoung shouts from somewhere.
I look in the direction and find him on a tree with a small chest in his hand.
"Maybe keep them in case we get lost.", Jongho jokes.
"Where is Mingi by the way?", San asks.
I look around but don't see him. Don't tell me that he got lost again.
"MINGI!", Wooyoung screams.
I hear footsteps and my best friend appears behind a tree.
"There you are. Don't go to far away. We thought that we lost you again.", Seonghwa says.
"Sorry."