Chapter Twenty Three: Spooked

Yunho POV
I wake up because Wooyoung is laughing very loudly in the kitchen.
Apparently I am not the only one who woke up because of him. Haneul sighs.
"Why is he always so loud? I wanted to sleep a bit more."
"That's just how he is. You'll get used to it."
I go into the kitchen and find the reason for the noise. Yeosang is trying to make himself morning eggs but it isn't going very well. Wooyoung just stands there and is laughing about his best friend's clumsiness.
I eat my breakfast then Hongjoong tells me to navigate the ship today even though it actually is Yeosang's turn today. I guess it's part of their birthday plan.

I put on my new shirt on that I bought yesterday at the village and go onto the deck. I take over the wheel from Seonghwa who goes straight to bed.
It's very hot and sunny today but the airstream makes it bearable.
Two hours later Yeosang comes onto the deck.
"I'm taking over now. Oh and Hongjoong told me to give you this."
He gives me a rolled up piece of paper. "Thank you for being a reliable member of the crew. You always take care of us and try to make us laugh when we are sad or bored.
P. S. I think I forgot a candle in the kitchen storage can you find it for me?"
Let me guess there is going to be another piece of paper in the kitchen storage.
I go down through the kitchen and open the small door in the back. I search through some boxes with various ingredients in them. I find the candle next to some carrots. As expected a piece of paper is tied to it.
"You're the sweetest, most loyal friend ever. Thank you for always being by my side and listening to my problems.
Love you!
P. S. You have a really nice view from the crows nest don't you?"
Aww, Mingi must have written it. He is so sweet.

I go up onto the deck again and climb up the main mast where I find the next paper tied to the mast.
"Thank you for being so caring and playing with me when I am bored. You are always there to comfort me when I miss my parents and lift me up when I feel insecure and unworthy.
P. S. Don't you need to go to bathroom?"
The warm message makes me smile. I climb down again and go into the bathroom. I search for the note but this one is a bit harder to find. I actually also need to pee. While peeing into the toilet bowl, I notice that the note is stuck to the bottom of the shelf next to the toilet.
After washing my hands I take the piece of paper and open it.
"You're the best puppy in the world! Please keep on making us laugh and cuddling us. Thank you for always being understanding even when I am annoying.
P. S. You should wear something pretty today."
You are never annoying Wooyoung, well... okay sometimes.
I go into the bedroom and open my wardrobe. I have to search through my clothes until I find the note between two sweaters.
"You are so handsome, tall, cool, sweet and cute. I sometimes wish I could be more like you. Thank you for helping me out of this sorrowful mood at least temporary. I will keep trying to be like a reliable older brother to you.
P. S. Do you want to drink some tea?"
Isn't Seonghwa already all of these things? Let's see who wrote the next message.

I go back into the kitchen. First I take a look at the teapot but the paper isn't there. Then I search for it on the tea itself but it isn't there either. Where else could it be? Maybe by the cups?
I finally find the paper under one of the cups.
"I am not good at expressing my feelings but thank you for always being there for all of us and not judging me for my family background. I hope you continue having fun and stay happy and healthy on this journey.
P. S. The engine is a bit dusty."
This seems like it was written by Yeosang. I hope you stay happy and healthy too.
I go to the engine room. I search the cabinet for the note but it isn't there. Then I spot it in the corner where we found Yeosang and Wooyoung after they snuck onto the ship.
"Thank you for being born. You are always so brave, witty and stay calm even when we are in precarious situations. Thank you for taking care and guiding me on this rough journey.
I hope everything you wish for comes true. Stay healthy and strong!
P. S. The captain is very messy."
I don't think I am that awesome but thank you Jongho. What does he mean with the captain is messy?
There are only two rooms I haven't been in yet. The captain's cabin and the storage room. I'm guessing he means the captain's cabin?