Chapter Fifty Two: Just Imagine

Mingi POV
The woman brings us upstairs to a dark room. Only some candles give off a little bit of light. The grand priestess sits on a pillow in the middle of the room with her eyes closed. In front of her is a candle and an incense burner that fills the room with a nice aroma. Her mother knocks against the doorframe and she slowly opens her eyes.
"Oh, you already finished talking. Okay, take a pillow and sit down."
I take a pillow from the pile next to the door and sit down on the opposite side of the incense burner. I look the young woman deep into her eyes. What kind of people are her parents and her? The priestess smiles at me gently which makes me flustered and I immediately look away.

"So today we are using our inner chi to materialize the key.", the grand priestess explains.
"Bless you.", Jongho says.
"Our what?!", San asks.
"Your chi."
"Bless you.", Jongho chimes in again, making everyone giggle and the priestess roll her eyes.
"It's kind of like you're inner strength. We'll do a few exercises first to strengthen your bond with it and find out who is the most suitable to find the key."
"So only one of us is going to do the thing to get the key?", Wooyoung asks.
"We'll see. Maybe two people are suitable. Let's start. Please find a comfortable position."
I try to sit comfortably, some of the others lie down, then I hear some relaxing music play. I look around to see where it comes from but I don't see a source.
"If you found a comfortable position please close your eyes. Relax your body and listen closely to my voice. Start by paying attention to your breathing. Slowly breathe in, hold it for a bit and slowly breathe out. You can do it completely at your own pace...."
I take a deep breath in and slowly breathe out.
"Very good. Now imagine how all negative energies leave your body as you breathe out. Stress, negative thoughts and memories that linger in your mind, they are all leaving...
Feel your muscles relax and calmness enter your body as you breathe in."
I think of all the anxieties I have and the cruel things I saw in the Nekra Kingdom and slowly push these thoughts away with my breath.
I repeat this a few times.
"And one last time... Breathe normally again but still focus on your breathing... Imagine yourself in an completely empty space. There is nothing around you, it's just you and the only thing you hear is you're breathing. Look around, maybe even walk a few steps, do you see the door at the horizon?"
I wander around in this endless white space and finally spot it. A brown wooden door. I move towards it and take a closer look. It looks pretty ordinary to me.
"Slowly open the door. You will find yourself looking at a futuristic city. Feel the energy that comes from the other side."
I open the door. The other side shows a sidewalk of a very surreal city. I can see tall buildings that are entirely made of glass and almost reach the sky. The smaller buildings are made out of different materials but they all have greenery on the rooftops and balconies.
Everywhere you look are moving pictures but they are sort of see-through and seem to tell a story or want you to do something.
I see a group of men dance around in one of the pictures.
"Lost Boys, New Single: Lalala out now"
I try to feel the energy of this city. It feels busy and strange. It's a feeling that I can't quite understand.
"Imagine yourself walking through that door. You are now standing in the place that you just saw when you were looking through the door.
Take in your surroundings. What do you see? What do you feel? Are there other people."
I walk through the door. A cold breeze immediately hits me. I shiver a bit. It's definitely winter here. A slightly flowery scent lingers in the air. It probably comes from all the flowers that stand next to the front door of the house that I am in front of.
A young woman absent mindedly walks towards me. She is about to crash into me but she suddenly disappears and appears in front of me. That's so cool! I want to be able to do that too. I look around. I thought the city looked big when I was looking through the door but it must be huge. I can't even see the end of the street. It must be at least three times as big as Vretefokl.
But one thing is weird. Everyone looks the same age. Everyone is in their early twenties, except for one child that I see with his mother across the street. I observe the child for a few minutes. He plays with a horse doll but suddenly he lets go of it. It doesn't fall to the ground like expected but floats in front of him. I watch as he seemingly controls it just by looking at it. His mother seems completely unfazed by this.