Chapter Thirty Nine: Going Back

Seonghwa POV
I wake after Wooyoung accidentally punched me in the chest in his sleep.
When I look outside through the small window the sun is about to rise. I wash my face in the water bucket that Mingi got yesterday and decide to take a walk. If I am hopefully allowed to. Opening the door of the barn, I am greeted by are guard that thankfully has fallen asleep. I walk past some fields and a few trees and bushes here and there. It has been a while since I had a quiet morning like this.
In my hometown I often took morning walks with my fiancée. We would walk around the lake with our fingers intertwined and talk about our future together.
Thinking about it makes my heart ache. I still miss Rosalie a lot. I miss playing with her hair, her flowery scent, her laugh. I miss dancing with her over the fields and sharing my feelings with her.
But slowly I am coming to terms with it. That she is gone and that I have too live on without her. It helps a lot that I have my friends by my side. I made a lot of meaningful memories with them and I love them just as much as I did her. I just hope I don't loose any of them on this dangerous journey.

I return to the barn. The guard looks at me panicked and stops me to search me. Of course he doesn't find anything and lets me inside. The others have also finally woken up.
"I am hungry.", Yeosang utters.
"We can eat Seonghwa.", Wooyoung jokes and bites into my arm. Ouch! It hurts a lot.
"Maybe they will give us something to eat.", Hongjoong says.
In this moment someone knocks on the barn door and enters. Two nuns bring eight slices of bread with cheese on it and eight cups of water.
It's not much but better than nothing.
After eating we are unsure what to do. We try to leave the barn but aren't allowed to.

A few minutes later two monks with a dog come and tell us to follow them. They bring us to a stable full of goats. They free the goats and we walk with them to a free patch of grass, where we sit down.
"Seems like we are supposed to watch the goats with them.", Mingi says.
"Are sure the monks and the animals aren't watching us?", San jokes.
"What now? Cause it feels like they are set on holding us captive.", I ask.
"Let's look out for ways to steal the key and flee from here. I am still kind of hoping that the leader will change his mind but it seems unlikely now.", Hongjoong states.
We sit and talk about ways to escape for a bit before one if the monks tells us to bring back some goats that have strayed to far off. We try to shoo them back to the group but they either ignore us or walk away from us. Yunho tries to pick one up but it slips through his arms and runs further away. I try to pick one up too but it wiggles around a lot, so I loose my grip on it. I can see the monks laugh at us in the distance. I approach another goat and try to gently push it into the right direction. It kicks me and walks away. I sit down and hold my leg. Ouch that hurt!
We try to gather them for ten minutes but theybonly seem to disperse them even more. Eventually the two monks step in to help us. They command their dogs to shoo the stray goats towards the group and use their bodys to block them from going anywhere else.
It feels a bit embarrassing that they did it so quick and easily while we took so long and failed.

We change the location and sit there for a bit until it is time for lunch. We bring the goats back to their stable. Then the monks motion us to come with them. They bring us to the room where we ate yesterday. I am super hungry. I hope we get a little bit more to eat this time. Today's lunch is a warm spicy soup with some vegetables in it. After I ate it I still feel hungry.
"Do you think we can get a second portion?", I ask Yunho.
"We didn't give out any second portions yesterday. So I doubt it."
Do these people here eat so little?
After lunch a monk and a nun bring us back to the barn. Before the two go Jongho tries to ask what they planning to do with us and the key.
It takes a bit for them to understand what he means. They explain to us that they don't know then they leave.

We play some silly games to make the time pass faster. After an hour the man from yesterday comes in with the key. He just hands it to Hongjoong and tells us to get out. We look at him confused. He explains to us that he read about the key and doesn't know what to do with it, so he's giving it to us, so we won't bother him anymore.
Well, I am just happy to get out of here. They really seem to be annoyed that we are here.