Chapter Twenty Four: Trapped

Jongho POV
Seonghwa and I walk hand in hand through the dark corridor. We actually forgot to take a torch with us.
"Can we go a bit faster. I don't know for how long I can hold it in.", Seonghwa says.
"Sure.", I say and giggle.
"It's not funny. I think I got an upset stomach from the food earlier."
We feel our way forward a bit faster until we finally reach the stairs. Seonghwa lets loose of my hand and rushes outside.
I calmly walk outside and enjoy the sun and fresh air for a minute before I search for my friend. He is hiding behind a bush, doing his business.
"Are you okay?", I ask.
"Yeah, can you please find something I can wipe my butt with?"
"Are leaves okay?"
"Yes."
I look around and gather the biggest leaves that I can find from bushes and trees. Then I go back to Seonghwa.
"I'm back."
"Thanks! Just wait a little bit. I'm not done yet."
"Really? How much are you pooping?"
"A lot. It feels like my butt is on fire."
I laugh out loud.
"DON'T LAUGH! I am suffering here!"

Suddenly we hear rumbling in the distance. I hope the others are safe and just solved the puzzle. A few minutes later Seonghwa's digestive system has finally calmed down.
"You can give me the leaves now. But don't look! And hold your nose!"
I step closer to the bush and hold my nose. I reach out my arm to give Seonghwa the leaves. As I turn around and let go of my nose I get a bit of the smell into my nose. It's the most horrible thing I have ever smelled.
Shortly after Seonghwa comes out of his bush.
"Feeling better?"
"Yeah, I'd just love to take a shower but I guess that will have to wait until we saved San."
We go back inside, down the stairs and through the corridors and rooms.
We reach the last room but where previously was a passage, is now a stone wall.
"GUYS, WE ARE BACK ARE YOU OKAY?", I scream, hoping that they will hear me.
"... is... you?", I hear Yunho say but it is hard to understand him.
"WE HEARD SOME NOISE THAT CAME FROM HERE. DID YOU DO THE WRONG THING AND SET OFF A TRAP?"
"... wrong... trap... Wooyoung..."
"Wrong, trap, Wooyoung? Did he get injured?", Seonghwa mumbles.
"WE WILL LOOK AROUND, MAYBE WE CAN FIND A WAY TO HELP YOU."
"You mean feel around. It's pitch black in here.", Seonghwa comments.
"Whatever. Let's just search for something that could help us."

I feel the wall but don't find anything. Then I have the idea to go back to the room where lost San and feel around there again. I especially concentrate on the wall with the hidden passage.
"Jongho, where are you?", I hear Seonghwa shout.
"In the room with the hidden passage. At the wall that opened up."
The wall doesn't seem so special but maybe there is some thing on the floor? I touch the floor tiles. They seem pretty normal. Suddenly I get something pushed into my face. I try to feel it and it turns out that it just was Seonghwa's knee.
"Be careful, I am kneeling on the floor."
"Sorry, why are you on the floor though?"
"I just want to check that we didn't overlook anything."
"I didn't find anything in the corridor. I am guessing the passage only opens from the inside. Maybe we should just wait until the others solve the puzzle."
"Yes, but I have a feeling that we missed something in here. We can't do anything while the passage is closed so why not look around here?"
I don't find anything on the floor either. The only place that none of us has checked yet is the ceiling. How do I get up there?
"Hey, Seonghwa! Do you think that you'll be able to touch the ceiling if you sit on my shoulders?"
"Maybe, I don't see it at the moment so I don't know how high it is."
"Let's try it!"
Seonghwa sits down on my shoulders and I slowly stand up.
"And?"
"I can touch it. I don't feel... wait... there is like a hole in this stone directly at the wall. I don't know if I should put my fingers in there. This ruin has been really dangerous until now."
"Do it slowly."
"There is something, it feels cold."
I hear a click. The rumble is back and the secret passage has finally opened up.
"It's open!", I exclaim.
I let Seonghwa down, take his hand we go through it. From what I can feel behind it is another corridor. It rumbles behind us and the passage closes again.
"NO! Now we can't get back.", Seonghwa exclaims
"Let's see where this leads then."
We slowly walk forward. After a minute the corrider ends and instead transitions into funnel that is barely big enough for a person.
"You go in first, Jongho. I am too scared. "
I squeeze myself through the funnel with Seonghwa directly behind me. It takes a few turns before it ends...somewhere.