Moondoor

The car ride was long and bumpy which caused aches and pains to shoot through your chest. You tried to focus on your breathing but it was becoming more and more uncomfortable by the second. Sam kept turning around in his seat to look at you, but you pretended to be too invested in whatever "research" you had insisted on doing along the drive. When Sam would look away you would look up to see both him and Dean sharing a look of concern but you tried to ignore it. Dean kept eyeing you through the rear view mirror and asking if you were alright every 15 - 45 minutes. At first it was kind of cute, but now it was just getting on your nerves.

"Y/N you alright?" Dean asked for the 20th time.

"YES! Damn it, Dean, Yes!" You huff out. "I am fine. How long till we reach Bobby's cabin?"

You watched as Dean glanced at you quickly before turning his attention back to the road.

"20 minutes" he says with a low gravel in his tone.

"Good. And I will be good for the next 20 minutes, so no need to keep asking" you say as you adjust your posture. As you struggled to move into a more comfy position you felt pain stretch from your back towards your chest causing you to take in a steep breath.

"DON'T" you shout before Sam or Dean could get a word in.

"Y/n we are just worried about you!" Sam exclaims turning around in his seat. "We don't see you for weeks and suddenly when you show up you look like you were in a prizefight."

"It's not THAT bad" you reply, earning yourself a bitch face.

Sam turned back around, letting your attention drift back to the computer on your lap. You continued to look for cases but nothing was coming up and you were begging to give up your search. Your mind kept turning back to Cas and Samandriel. Something felt... off, but you knew that it would have to wait until you got back to the cabin before any of you would discuss it.

***

"Okay. That should do it." you say from the couch. 

You watch as Sam and Dean set down their spray-pain cans to admire their Enochian angel-warding symbols.

"Okay, what the hell?" Dean says abruptly, turning to come sit by you on the couch.

"I know." Sam says defeatedly, taking a seat in the recliner.

"I told you something was off with him since he got back from Purgatory." Dean says while running his hand through his hair.

"So, what, you think someone's messing with him or something?" Sam asks.

"Who?" you question.

"I don't know," Sam says looking at the floor boards. "Angels maybe?"

"Why would the angels have him kill another angel?" Dean asks.

Sam looks up and shrugs.

"You know what, man? I got this. You go." Dean says suddenly.

"Wait. What?" Sam scoffs in disbelief.

"Don't you have a girl to get back to?" Dean says almost accusingly.

"Yeah. I guess I do. Um... Since when are you on the Amelia bandwagon?"

"I don't know," Dean says with a sigh. He looks over at your confused expression and takes a deep breath. "I'm just tired of all the fighting."

He reaches over to the coffee table and picks up his beer.  "Hell, maybe it's time for you to be happy Sam. You know? Live a normal life."

"She does make me happy, and she could be waiting for me if I went back. I'd be a very lucky man if she was. But now... with everything staring down at us, with all that's left to be done... I don't know."