Soulonoscopy

After sitting around for what felt like days, but in reality was only a little over 2 hours, Cas woke up. He sat up gently and looked at you with concern on his face.

"What time is it?" He asked.

"Almost noon" you say solemnly. You were done crying, but you still had a lot on your mind. "I was going to wake you up here in a couple of minutes"

"Where's Bobby?"

"Out"

Cas nods.

"Cas what happened?"

"I was, uh... I was betrayed. Rachel, uh...Raphael...He corrupted her. She turned on me."

"Sorry. What a bitch."

"She's dead. I was wounded. I needed... safety. Thank you." He tries to get up from the couch but winces in pain toppling over. You rush to his side, trying to get him settled on the couch again.

"How bad is it?" you ask.

He looks down at himself and sighs "I'll heal"

"Good because in less than an hour you will need to go pick up Sam and Dean"

"I can't"

You look at him dumbfounded.

"I can't. The fight drained me"

"Well, you better call one of your buddies because everyone I know that has the juice for something like this will have a hell of a price to pay."

"I can't" he grumbles. He sits there thinking as you start pacing the room. "There is one thing that might work, but it's extremely dangerous"

"I can work with dangerous" you state giving him your full attention.

"It's your soul"

"Cas my soul is corrupted, and I didn't think angels made deals" you scoff.

"No y/n. I need to touch it"

"touch it?"

"The human soul, it's pure energy. If I can siphon some of that off, I might be able to bring Sam and Dean back."

"Well you can try but I don't know how much of it is human anymore," You say leaning against the desk. "How is this performed?"

"y/n ... " he says with a worried look on his face. "Doing this is like putting your hand in a nuclear reactor. I have to do it very gingerly."

"Or?"

"or you'll explode"

"Then don't mess up" you quip.

Cas stands up approaching you. "Are you sure?" he asks hesitantly while rolling up his sleeve.

"I can't leave those jackasses behind" you chuckle. "How bad can this be?"

Cas looks at you very stern. Concern written over his features as he squints at you. "y/n I don't think you realize the risk you are taking"

"Yeah yeah, just don't explode me" you reply.

Cas looks at you for another second then moves his hand towards your chest. You watch, unknowing what exactly was going to happen when it hits you. You start screaming, pain filling your entire body. The pain was excruciating beyond the point of tears. Like the very cells within your body were getting torn apart.

The next thing you know it is over. Cas retracted his hand from inside of you, and you were able to finally breathe again, feeling instant relief. You collapse into the nearest chair and take deep breaths, while everyone turns to see the two men in the middle of the room. Bobby apparently ran in at some point, probably due to all the screaming.